B#4 | The Blood Brother Code⎜Korekrypta

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

The Blood Brother Code

BTS

STLK

99


      /100

Korekrypta

INFO

52 Chap (OG)

EXO Xiumin, OC

B X G

Angst, Arranged Marriage, Gangs, Psychological, Romance (and EXO)

SUMMARY

After filming a murder by Korea’s most wanted mafia boss, Luhan, Semi finds herself in inescapable danger. Surgery, moving countries, name change – nothing works. He wants the phone that she filmed it on, and he wants her dead... and the phone is missing, which makes her the only person with enough evidence for Luhan to be put away if he's brought to trial. So the police haul Luhan’s blood brother, Xiumin, from jail, and propose a marriage. A very, VERY complicated one.
And one that will only get worse when Semi's natural sense of justice gets her on the wrong side of Luhan's mortal enemies.

StephLovesKCulture

03/01/2015

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

Let me start by saying.. *WOW* The title you have chosen for your story is perfect! It fits the story, it is the story, it says enough to want to read the story. It's a matchmade in heaven! ^^ *Mianhaeyo* I just can't get enough of your story. The title isn't often used, as far as I know. In fact I do think this is one of kind title. It's very unique and doesn't sound boring at all. Quite the contrary, it sounds intruiging, exciting, mysterious, angsty and also a bit romentical. It just gives you the right feeling to start reading this story. It certainly draws the readers in to continue. You can't really stop. And you can't really not read the story.

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

I do like how you start this story already at the description, because of that I did want to continue reading. It drew me in and wanted to know what would happen next. That's one way to start of a great and amazing story! ;) I think as I see the success of your story, this is a huge factor. I think with short summary you haven given, I must admit I still would read it. You catch the attention of the readers from the first letter of your story. That's one of your advantages and talents. After reading the description, as mentioned before you can't stop, you want to know what's going to happen next. Well done to you! ^^

As for the foreword, it's like an author note explaining a bit why you choose to write a story with Xiumin and also the basic things like that the plot and story is entirely yours. Congrats on getting featured btw ;) I know it has nothing to do with this subject but still as you also mentioned in your foreword. YOU ABSOLUTELY DESERVE IT! :) It's more like a side note as well. It doesn't bother me at all. This is your way of explaining everything so ;)

09

 

GRAPHICS

OMG! I'm in love love love love love with the graphics! I want that font! I love that font that your graphic designer used. It does fit your story perfectly. It's angsty, mystery, exciting and most of all it emphasizes everything in the story. The gun, the gunholes, Xiumin and Semi (OC - girl) the red as symbol for the bloodspilling. Kuddos to your graphic designer! ;) As for your background, it's simple and sophisticated. And to be honest, it doesn't need anything more. Because sometimes, the background could get the over the top with some graphic designer, who do want to put the same patron in the background as they used for their poster. With you the red colours and black font agains it, is just enough. It's a nice background and doesn't disturb while reading.

10

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

The characters are portrayed in a very realistic way. I like how the characters evolve in your story. We get to know Semi as like this rather naïve girl who did something that would haunt her for the best part of her life. While for the next months/years at least. She's actually a rather smart girl, that did experienced a great loss and must keep up with the consequences. I do like how Xiumin comes in at that point. And at the same time, she must at all time secure her safety and most importantly stay safe and alive and out of harms way. The other main character is Xiumin. Well that boy, I don't really know yet what to make of his character. In a way he's like very caring for Semi but it's like it's all just to keep up appearances. And in a way, he's like very loyal to Luhan and such with the Blood Brother Code. So he's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde :) But I do like his character, but I do hope he doesn't harm Semi too much, but we shall see. You can't actually start hating him. But I do think as I said in your comments that he has an hidden agenda. Can't wait for the next chapter though, seriously! It's just brilliant how you can keep on evolving the characters. They all play an important role in the sceme that's going on ;) Okay, you have to stop me know, or I will spoil your story. That's not my intention, because I want everyone to experience the same hype and addiction like me, when reading your story. You're so drawn in with the characters, that for me personally I did forget the most obvious treat and fact about Xiumin. As for important changes, off course it's filled with them! *gathers everyone around and guide them to your story* ^^ *Congrats again!*

10

 

APPEARANCE

The font that you used it sufficient enough to read the story on the laptop, tablet and also a mobile phone. I read the entire story or most of it on my smartphone. So the layout is perfect for all devices. I like how you did seperate in a way the different parts of your story. When you were writing about Xiumin and Semi it was one part. And than you continued with another part of the stories with the side characters. The story is well structured so that it is easy to follow for the readers what's going on. Nicely done!

10

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

The story doesn't sound cliché, because you spinned everything around and made it your own. It's a fact like you mention in one of your a/n that there are a lot of arranged marriage stories. And to be honest if you overlook them in general it goes all the same way. And than comes your story and blows everyone away. It's feisty, intruiging, exciting, funny and you add also the element of romance. As you already noticed, I love it! No love triangle, no typical plotline, nothing is ordinary or typical about this story. It has a completely new and innovative "feel" too it. You take a common subject of AFF stories and turn it in something mindblowing and amazing. You would think.. oh no yet another arrangeed marriage story, quite the contrary. I can't say it enough I love it and wasn't bored at all. You can keep ones attention with the first letter you write of your story. I'm a big fan!

10

 

FLOW

Once you start reading, you can't or won't stop. I was and still am addicted to this story. It reads like so easily wihout any hesitations or choppy parts in it. You have to force yourself to really stop reading when you have to go somewhere or have to get ready. I speak from personal experience.. *Hahahha* I couldn't stop once I started reading. Even at work, my phone was lying beside me and had to stop the urge to pick up my phone and just continue reading. Before you know you are at the end of the story. Kuddos to you!

10

WRITING

You convey your ideas and words in a very enjoyable way. You also make sure everyone knows what he's reading. I love the British English writing style. It doesn't bother me at all. I love your writing style. As you are an amazing writer, I could follow and imagine the story like a great movie or Korean Drama in my head. I like that fact about me that's able to invision the story completely in my head. And for the writer that means that the story is well written and is very logical.

10

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

As for as I could read, no error what's so ever. So amazing job, you did there. I know English is your first or I must be mistaken. Like I said before I don't mind at all the British English, I like and appreciate it very much

10

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I enjoyed this more than I can give points! You keep your readers on edge and always know how to keep our attention with the story. It's an amazing story, I'm looking forward to continue reading! It's not your ordinary story and that's what I like about your stories. Yes, for some people it can be quit a shock that they are so long but to be honest it doesn't bother me. I love the parts with Xiumin and Semi. And Tao OMG, he's just amazing in this story! You also mention a lot of other KPOP artists. I know already a lot of them but not all, but than again I don't mind! Once you start, you can't stop!

10

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: Very good storyline and you kept it exciting! Keep on writing amazing stories! I will subscribe to them all, and read them all! If you have other stories that need to be reviewed, don't hesitate to request!

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to StephLovesKCulture [STLK] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC