B#2 | Unmasking Colors? | KoreanDramaAddict514

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
 
Steph's BookClub
Steph's BookClub
Navigation:
 
Unmasking Colors? by KoreanDramaAddict514 
 

Title: Unmasking Colors?
Author: KoreanDramaAddict514
Characters: EXO & OC
Genre: fantasy, alternative universe, sci-fi, little romance
Category: B*G
Status: Ongoing (3chap)
Description: Hyacinth Park finds herself unable to express herself all because of the society she lives in. It seems like the whole world is crashing down on her. She has no other choice but to hide the unwanted characteristics, because of one fear. The fear of rejection. This society is where everyone is grouped according to the imprints they're born with. Those with the same imprint, follow the same pathway. And you stay with the people equivalent to you. But tables will turn and Hyacinth will discover secrets; Secrets that have the potential to rip her to pieces. And give her another reason to seek revenge.
Society is cruel, and so are the people living in it. Choice doesn't exist; Bravery is equivalent to being Weak; Humanity is as the verge of disintergrating; Freedom is slavery; Love is a pathetic joke.
"Equivalence doesn't exist in human nature."


Title (10/10):
The story is about how Hyacinth can not show her true colors and is hiding them under a mask. There for when they are shown she is unmasking her true colors. It is also original and eyes catching.

Description & Foreword (7/10):
Your description does get the idea story across but in a long and roundabout way. I think a little description on the different types of people would also be nice

Graphics (10/10): 
I loved your graphics they were dark and moody, perfect for this story.

Character Development (7/10):
It is still early to tell, but I find Hyacinth's personality bumpy and inconsistent. On the other hand drastic mood swing and shyness are what I would expect from some one brought up in her world. The other characters don't have much yet but I'm sure they will.

Appearance (8/10):
The font is perfect and easy to read, but the use of paragraphs is quite weak.

Originality & Plot (8/10):
Your plot is eye catching and new, but really confusing and I only understood it half the time.

Flow (6/10):
The flow is actually very awkward due to an excess of un-needed words, not so many as to ruin the story but quite a few.

Writing (7.5/10):
I like your writing but I think you could have a lot more detail on setting and emotion.

Grammar & Spelling (7.9/10):
This is not really my strong point, but I did not see very many spelling errors although you did forget quotation marks several times in chapter two.


General Enjoyment (8/10):
I enjoyed the plot of your story quite a bit and the dream like feel the time with the boys had felt magical. The narration threw me off though, it was kind of bland, as I said it needs more description of emotion and setting.

 


Total score: 79.4/100
Reviewer: Reepicheep
Reviewed on: 13/09/2014
Comments and thoughts: I really like your plot I think you've got something, it would be even better with a beta reader to help with your flow and grammar. I love your plot and some of your characters and words are really are superb.


Reminders:
Remember to follow the rules.
+ Comment if you saw this review.
+ Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!

Credits to Reepicheep (RC) @ Steph's BookClub Review Shop (SBC)©

Credit us
 

Credit 1
writerFairy-SBC-credit.png
Credit 2
writerFairy-SBC-credit2.png