B#4 | My Lovely Doll⎜SmilingDaze

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
  • HOME
  • STAFF
  • FORM
  • ARCHIVE
  • BATCH 3
  • BATCH 4
  • HIRING
BTS2

My Lovely Doll

BTS

STLK

89


      /100

SmilingDaze

INFO

OG (6 Chpt)

Go Mi Young, Tao, Sehun

Fluff, Romance, Slight Fantasy

B * G

SUMMARY

Go Mi Young has spent her whole life as a doll, watching as the humans interacted wishing she could be one, to feel like one. One day Mi Young decided she's had enough and confided in her toy maker. The toy maker promised Mi Young he'd make her human , but only for one year unless Mi Young finds love. If she doesn't then Mi Young will spend the rest of her life as a doll...never to see or talk to another human again.

StephLovesKCulture

18/01/2015

SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
SBC Reviewshop
 

TITLE

When I first read your title, I got this fluffy and sweet feeling. It's difficult to call a title cute, but this one is. It's indeed a very loveable title. I love it! It suits your story perfectly and is relevant to your story. Titles with the word "doll" are used very often (I did the test to search the word "doll" and got like 14.000 hits) But that doesn't mean anything. As long as you can create such a unique story and stand out everytime, that's what counts. And you did! So yes, full marks for your title.

10

DESCRIPTION / FOREWORD

Your description already gives us enough information about what's going to happen in your story. It's only a bit awkward that we already know she will get the spell done becoming human. Because, I actually forgot about it when I started reading your story, so actually I think that's kind of good thing? ^^ It certainly did trigger my attention and curiousity to continue reading your story. As always your description and foreword are very neat and organized. I love that about your stories. It shows that you put a lot of effort in it, to obtain a high standard story.

9

 

GRAPHICS

I do like your graphics but to be honest I don't get the WOW feeling with this one. Your graphic designer did a good attempt to portray and display the feelings of the story, but still I think you can get better. Although, I love the cute pictures from Tao and Sehun and I absolutely I'm fond of the beautiful that has been used to play Go Mi Young. Kuddos for using fluffy, cute and romantic pictures of Tao and Sehun. To be honest, it's all a bit to plain for your story. The background that you are using is one color with the title on it. I'm not here to offend the graphic designer who did all the work, I'm just saying that you can improve this part.

7

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

As far as you can portray a doll realisticly, you nailed it! I even forgot while reading that she actually is/was a doll. You created this doll that plays the role of belated daughter. No one knows what happened to the mother and the daughter, Mi Young only knows that she has been created in remembrance of his daughter.

GO MI YOUNG
Mi Young is like this sweet, nice and friendly talking doll who can mimik the emotion of humans. But secretly she has a greater desire, she wants to become a real human that can really feel the emotions instead of mimiking them. Unfortunately, her creator/appa refuses her request everytime she wishes for it when her birthday comes along. And like everytime they get into an argument. So her quest in this story is to become an actual human being with the help of her appa and a tricky magical spell. Before she can reach her goal, a lot is already happening. After all, she is a little rebellion as well.

TAO
He gets described as this sweet, panda eyed guy who falls almost head over heels with Mi Young. Their meeting is so cute. It started out that Mi Young intimidated him. His character is display in a very realistic way. He could be your next neighbour without being stuck up because he's part of EXO. I like his characteristics: caring, sweet, loveable, always there for others. As the story is still ongoing, we don't know that much yet about Tao. The same is applicable for the next character.

SEHUN
He's the "coldhearted" maknae that can't stand Mi Young. His attitude towards girls has been changed because of last ex-girlfriend who has hurt him. So he doesn't think much of Mi Young when he meets her. He distances himself from Mi Young and Tao. But actually I think underneath al that, he's also very caring and sweet but hasn't got the guts to show it. The reason why he is like that, is because he's afraid of being hurt again.

All the emotions and their behaviour are displayed in a naturel way, that makes it very pleasent to read your story. In this story it's like you can compare yourself to one of the characters. I like that. As for major changes, they are there all the time. Slowly their lifes getting more and more intertwined with each other. Their behaviour towards each other is also changing. So yes, I think this will turn out to be great!

8

 

APPEARANCE

I don’t like to say, because it’s one little negative comment for you. But I will do it, so that maybe you can do something about it. As where your foreword and description had that has a nice and very easy reading font, you didn’t quite use a very easy font size for the rest of your story. It may look nice and cute, but in the end, your text wasn’t very easy to read. The font itself is fine. But when you want to start reading your story it’s quite hard. To read it much more easily, I zoomed in on 125% with Google Chrome to have nice size to continue reading your story. (You might recognize this part (MBD Reviews), because I did a review on your other story as well. It applies also to this story) Your story has a nice structure and quite easy to follow.

8

ORIGINALITY / PLOT

Well, to be honest, you have a lot of stories where the OC or one of the idols plays the doll. But the trick here is to create a story that stands out. For that you must able to take that plot and make it your own. As far as your story is going, you're spot on. I like the fun, light and romantic storyline so far. It's original because in your story, Mi Young is an actuall doll from wood, and not a "living" doll from flesh and blood like there are many stories about. That's why for me personally, your story does stand out. About the lovers in the story, well yes there is a possible love triangle, but still I don't mind. Your story is one of the better stories I already read on this subject. Keep on going!

8

 

FLOW

The flow of your story is so smooth, I think I finished your story in less than 4 hours, and still I wanted to continue. But I have to wait for the update :) You don't have any choppy parts. It's true that you start in the present and than go back, but it's so nicely done that it flows smoothly. Your stories are very easy reading as there are rather short chapters, I do like that. As for the main plot, well we are on our way. It's a journey that still needs to be completed and so much is still bound to be happening

10

WRITING

You do write in way that everyone is able to understand your story. You don't use too many fancy words. I like the way you convey your ideas and word in an enjoyable way. That's why your story is so easy to read. It was a like a movie going on in my head. If you're able to do that, you're a great writer.

10

 

GRAMMAR/SPELLING

There weren’t any major errors worth mentioning. I must be honest, I noticed a few minor errors, but that can be corrected by rechecking and reading your chapters agian. So yes, amazing job! I corrected in my head. But it didn’t bother me to the point that I would take like a magnifying glass to go and look up every little error. I think I might have seen 3 or 2. Maybe it’s advisable to quickly scan your story again, I’m sure you will find them. ;) (I took this part from my other review for MDB Reviews, because this applies for this story as well :))

9

GENERAL ENJOYMENT

I can't get enough of your stories. And to be honest, thanks to MDB Reviews, I was able to you find you and your amazing stories. I LOVE THEM! There like a light summerbreeze ousing true the air. It's not heavy, it has maybe shorter chapters, but I don't mind at all. You write your stories in a way, that's so easy to read that when you are at the end of the chapters you wrote, you actually want to continue. I will definitely keep track of your story. You do also use the members of EXO that aren't used very often together. It's the maknae line, they are such adorable dorks! ^^

10

 

COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS + REMINDER

Comments and Thoughts: I'm so gratefull to have had the opportunity to review 2 of your stories. I'm so glad that through MDB Reviews, they gave me the change to read your stories. I do hope to read more of you soon! Keep up the good work and writing stories! You're amazing and I LOVE your stories!

Reminders:
+Comment if you saw this review.
+Don't forget to add proper credits with the link back to the shop!
Credits to StephLovesKCulture [STLK] @ Steph's Bookclub Review Shop ©

SBC