B#6 | Filling The Gap | cutetani66

✎ Steph's Bookclub Archive - For All The Completed Reviews -
ZsQDyX7.jpg?1
 

--❏ Steph's Bookclub Reviewshop ❒--

 
poster

Title

Author

Characters

Category

Genre

Status

Filling The Gap

cutetani66 & Jiyong888

Lee Donghae, Lee Hyukjae

(BxB)

fluff, romance

One-Shot

Description

During their almost two years of military services, Donghae and Hyukjae met many times, under various circumstances, with or without people around them. But their first meet in that cold December evening was the one Donghae can never let go of- not from his memories, not from his heart.

 
 

Title


I have mixed feelings with the title. After reading your story, I don’t really know why you choose that particular title. I have an idea what the meaning could be but like I said mixed feelings. It suits the story in a way that one completes the other, in that sense is “Filling the Gap” very suitable. But on the other hand, my mind goes blank on it. It’s a rather unusual title and haven’t been picked yet by many authors. But you didn’t miss the effect on triggering the attention of the readers just for the mystery of the title. I would love to hear your version why you choose that title.

Descr.&Forew.


DESCRIPTION
Your love for those 2 boys is weaved into your description of your story. When you start reading your description, you can imagine how excited you were when writing this story. This puts a smile on my face and I didn’t even started with the story yet. I do think the description has that effect on a lot of readers. It’s short but to the point with unnecessary details. We have everything we need to start us off.

FOREWORD
Well.. the foreword, you went a little bit overboard, though. I don’t mind at all but maybe other readers do. It’s for you a way to say thank you to your co-author as well as your beta –reader. Therefor I can’t say much about it. Only that the Thank You note is appreciated by the ones who helped you out. And off course BONUS: I love the pictures!

Graphics


Your poster isn’t your usual poster, it’s more a picture of Eunhae. I do think your story would benefit from a beautiful poster, that will display the romance and the fluffiness of the story even more. But in the concept of your story, the picture does fit it perfectly at it seems that you have based your story around that particular picture. You can always ask to use the picture as a base for your graphics. But I don’t want to impose anything on you, it’s still your decision.

If you wish your story to be more attractive , a poster or banner might help . You can always request a poster or banner from the graphic shops out there where they have talented designers to make a nice graphic poster for you .
SIDENOTE: If you want a poster,background or something else made, we have do have a sister Graphic shop
*WF Graphics*
We have also other excellent Graphic Shops in our affliates. Please make sure to check them out.

Char. Dev.


It’s only a one-shot but I still encountered quite a few characters. Also for a one-shot, it’s never easy to do a proper character development because you have only that much space or place in your story for it not to be too much. You did a nice job even though it’s one of the hardest things when writing or creating a one-shot.

MAIN CHARACTERS

Lee Donghae (Donghae in SUJU)
In the beginning of the story, we get to know him as this sweet but very shy and timid boy, who doesn’t like to express his feelings yet. He isn’t good on trusting people and does have difficulties to let someone near. But as soon as he has met Lee Hyukjae, he’s mesmerized by him. He wants to tell him so much, but doesn’t dare to. So he restrains himself to small talk with Hyukjae. His encounter with the love of his life does bring a lot of changes in the character development of Donghae. He is starting to opening up to people. I like how the story is told from his pov.

Lee Hyukjae
As this seems like an ode to Hyukjae but also a love tribute to show how much he loved by Donghae. Due to that we get actually a complete character description/development of Hyukjae. He gets described by Donghae as a loveable, sweet and caring person. He is also someone who puts perfection before everything. He has such high standards for himself that he takes all the extra time that he has to practice and to improve his skills. That’s something that is that’s very much respected by Donghae. The change in his character is not that impressive and noticeable as the change with Donghae.

SIDECHARACTERS

Other members of Suju + members of DBSK
Those friends are for Donghae very important to rely on. Because he is so shy and very timid, they do help him overcome his fear and do put in a lot of effort to bring the two of them together. In which they succeed eventually.

I like the characterization in this story as everyone is displayed as they are without being superficial. You do have made the comparison between Lee Donghae & Lee Hyukjae and their stage personalities. As kpopfans you just know that there will always be a difference on how kpopstars act on stage and off stage. So well done!

 

Appearance


The font used is very neat and clear. It’s easy on the eyes, which means it’s large enough to read and doesn’t bother the readers. The story is very well structured and easy to follow that way. Your overall appearance is rather neat. Maybe a little hint: I would make the pictures a little bit smaller and arrange them a bit differently, like that your foreword will look much cleaner and neater. It gives your story more power. The background used is a bit thriving as we have a rather harsh color scheme. But when reading your story, the background actually faded away with me as I was such taken away by your story.

SBC

Orgin.&Plot


This story on itself is very original and creative. You used one of your main characters to be the narrator of the story. So actually we get to experience everything from Donghae’s pov, which is actually very clever because you do use the third person to tell your story. Also that makes your story more intense and likeable. It’s not a completely new style of writing but I didn’t encounter many stories in which this technique has been used yet. It is a cliché story, but you did manage to make it your own by using a different technique to tell your story to your readers. Therefor we have the feeling that we are really a part of the story. A bonus and for which your story stands out, is the sneakpeak into the lyricsbook from Hyukjae we get, that was offered to Donghae as one of the most precious gifts.

 

Flow


It flows very smoothly and isn’t choppy at all. It’s a very clear story without any hiccups or difficulties. It goes slowly to the main point of the story, which is actually practically at the end of your story. Well done!

Writing


I like your writing style a lot, it makes the readers experience the feelings in the story even more. On top of that, you did a great job on using imagery to let your story play like a movie in ones mind. Well done!

Gramm.&Spel.


I don't know if English is your first language or not, but you did a great job on the Spelling & Grammar part. I didn't encounter any major mistakes. Just be aware of your tenses though, sometimes it seems like you begin your sentences in the past but the second part continues in the present tense. Other than that well done!

Gen.Enjoym.


Maybe you didn't notice yet, but I liked your story a lot. Most of all, because it's about Eunhae. I mean, I didn't get the chance yet to review many stories about my biases in Super Junior. The way you have written the story is amazing. We got to experience the story from a whole other perspective and pov than other stories. I do hope it gains even more popularity because it definitely has the potential of a great story! Keep on going!

 
 
 

Title : 8/10

Description & Foreword: 8/10

Graphics: 7/10

Character Development: 9/10

Appearance : 8/10

Originality & Plot: 8/10

Flow: 10/10

Writing: 10/10

Grammar & Spelling: 8/10

General Enjoyment: 10/10

86 / 100

 
© writerFairy Layouts 2015