A Happy Ending's New Beginning

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"What did I tell you before?"

...

"I told you to stop wasting time on her. Now look at what happened."

...

"She shooed you away and you got hurt again. I wonder why you are so stubborn."

...

"Now you can't say anything? Because what? Because you know I am right and you are wrong!"

...

"Umma is not the one for you, appa. Stop grieving!"

"You don't understand, Sunkyu! You'll never know how I feel because you've never been in a relationship!"

"Yes, I may not be in a relationship but I lost my umma too. So I do know how it hurts! She doesn't love us anymore appa. Just let go of her."

"She's just saying that because she didn't want me to bother her anymore. I know she still loves me."

"Why are you so stubborn?!"

"Yah! Why are you acting like you're my dad?! I am your dad. Go mind your own business!"

"Yeah right. Whatever! What can I do anyway? You can mess with my own business yet I can't with yours. That really sounds so fair... DAD." Before I could respond, he hurried himself to his room and locked the door.

Aisssh- that kid. He's supposed to be the one assigned to wash the dishes today. He just locked himself again to pass me his chores. See? He's the one being unfair here. I'm totally not in the mood right now to scold him on his attitude though. Maybe I'll do it later.

After I'm done with the chores, I decided to just look for a part-time job with my friends again. But when I'm about to leave, someone knocked at the door. "Who is it?"

"It's us." Taeyeon said from the other side. I opened it revealing him and Yoong holding bags of canned beers.

"Errr- What's with the beers?"

"Uhhm. Aren't you going to grieve today, man?" Tae asked. Both of them barged in my apartment. They sat down on my couch and prepared the drinks on the coffee table.

"Okay, why are you guys here? We're supposed to hunt jobs for today."

"I don't feel like looking for a part-time job today, hyung. Jessica's busy." Yoong snapped. He handed me one can and I sat beside him.

"Aren't you supposed to find a job at times when she's busy?"

"Nah. I like her bugging me on the phone while I'm job-hunting. If I'll be too focused it will just be boring."

"You Taeng, what's your reason?"

"Hmmmm... I just feel like not looking for a job today. That's it." He answered.

"Alright. Since you guys don't want to do it today, fine, I guess I'll pass too."

"Wise decision hyung. Now, tell us about your progress with your ex-girlfriend." Yoong said.

"Seriously? So this will be like a girls-talk 101? Man, since when both of you become so gay?"

"It's not like we're not like this all the time." Tae retorted.

"Yeah right. Anyhow, I don't want you guys to interfere on my love-life anymore. You guys are bad wingmen."

"Yah. Don't be like that. That hospital trick would have been successful if Jisun didn't in." Tae answered.

"It doesn't matter anymore. It got worse anyway. Tiffany was so persistent not to see me anymore."

"I can say she really is... She even bought a one-way ticket to California." Yoong said then gulped in his beer.

"What?! She's going to leave Korea?!"

"Yeah. You didn't know?" Tae asked back.

"You guys didn't even tell me?!"

"Hyung, we thought you knew about it."

"I don't have a freaking clue!"

"Good thing we told you now. We're on time I guess." Tae said.

"When's her flight?"

"Later." He said.

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN LATER?! IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL ON TIME?!"

"As in 3PM in the afternoon today, man. Just relax." Tae said.

"RELAX?!" I grabbed him on the rim of his shirt. "YOU WANT ME TO RELAX WHEN IT'S EXACTLY THREE HOURS BEFORE HER FLIGHT?!"

"Uhhhh-"

Aaarghh- this is going nowhere. I have to go. I have to run after Tiffany before it's too late. I stood up and headed to my room to get myself ready.

"Where are you going, hyung?"

"To the airport."

"Relax. Noona will be back."

"It's a freaking one-way ticket Yoong!" I said. Both of them looked at each other and whispered about something. I knocked into Sunkyu's door, "Kyu, I'm going to the airport. I'll be back sometime later okay."

"Alright, DAD. It's not like I can mess with that BUSINESS OF YOURS." He said. Ugghhh- I will really spank him on the head when I get back.

"We're coming with you Yuri." Tae said.

"No. Both of you stay here. You guys are jinxes."

"My car is faster than your truck, hyung." Yoong snapped.

Crap. So I really got no choice but to let them tag along.

 

*Two-and-half-hours-before-Tiffany's-departure*

"Why is it taking so long?!"

"Yah Yuri! The airport isn't close here as you think." Taeyeon said.

"This is so damn frustrating! I need to see Tiffany! If we will not arrive there in time I will totally kill both of you."

"Why us?! It's not like we're the ones who started the heavy traffic!"

 

*Two-hours-before-Tiffany's-departure*

"Maybe this is the sign, hyung." Yoong snapped.

"What sign?"

"That Tiffany-noona is not the one for you."

"Shut up and just drive okay."

"Yoong is right. See how things in your life end up getting worse and worse? Maybe this is the real sign." Tae butted in.

"Thank you so much. You guys are really great friends. So much of pessimists!"

 

*One-and-half-hours-before-Tiffany's-de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter