When an Ordinary Day Gets Assaulted by a Far-fetched Commotion

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

*A-very-ORDINARY-day-of-the-8th-of-September-2017-at-the-HGC-Head-Office-board-room*

"With this collaboration with Choi Conglomerate, we assure you, Madame Stephanie, that we will achieve an additional profit margin of sixty-five percent by the end of 2020." one of Sooyoung's executives stated.

"Hmmm. I see... but, you know... I'm already tied up with SKY which already offers construction service. Say, why should I choose to collaborate with your company, instead, when it's just the same service with SKY?"

Sooyoung looked at me boringly. He then responded in annoyance, "Yah! Aren't you the one who wanted to form a partnership with me?! Now, what with this attitude?!"

I chuckled, "Look, Soo. What I wanted from you is your petroleum subsidiary. That's the product I needed, not the service of your construction company."

"Didn't I already tell you my petroleum company's doing great and doesn't need any more profit-earning venture?! What I need is for my construction company to boom!"

"Haven't you realized SKY's actually dominating that service industry now? You should have picked up the clue there, Sooyoung. You better just back off and accept defeat. Then, focus on the industries you currently dominate."

"So, you're freaking saying I should let go of my construction company?!" He glared at me then shouted again, "Don't you know that's the very first company our family has founded?! I can never let that go!"

"My family first ventured into hotel industry and until now, it's the number one subsidiary of my group. Now, tell me, what happened to your headlining subsidiary? Your construction company got the lowest return on investment out of all your subsidiaries. If it's that important, your father, your grandfather and your great grandfather should have focused on expanding on that industry instead."

"Aisshhhh--- Tiffany!"

"You should pick up the clue there as well. Sooyoung, as a loyal friend of yours, you better go with my suggestion. Drop your construction company. There's no more point."

"You're really an evil woman, aren't you? You're blatantly telling this in front of my executives?! Can't you see my President for Choi Construction is also here with us?"

I redirected to his executive, "Mister uhhmm-- what's your name again?"

"Kim Seokjin, ma'am."

I smiled at him, "Mister Seokjin. I have a vacancy for you in Hwang Real Estates, just in case you want to explore a career opportunity in my Group."

Sooyoung then shouted in a complaint, "What the freaking fudge, Tiff?! Now, you're pirating my people?!"

"I am just anticipating for what will happen soon, okay. See? I'm still being considerate on the future of your people as well." I quickly redirected, "So... Since this presentation of yours somewhat ended up scrapped, why don't you hear mine?" I briefly looked at Yoong then redirected tot the rest. "Mister Im will be presenting our proposal. But, for now, let's have a ten-minute break. I kinda have a feeling the presentation earlier have gotten you all sleepy."

Several of mine and Sooyoung's executives excused themselves and went out of the boardroom.

"So, how does it feel, Sooyoung?" Yoong said then laughed loudly.

Sooyoung glared at him, "Shut up, you amputated idiot."

"My arm wasn't cut off, Soo. I'm not amputated."

"Whatever." Then, he glared at me. "Tiffany, I cannot believe you're going to do this in front of my executives. You're the one asking for a favor from me yet, you did this?!"

"I'm just giving a piece of advice. You're not a smart businessman, Soo, if you continue on trying to support the lifeline of your already dying company."

"I love my companies, all of them. This is just a rough year for my construction company."

"Rough years, you mean."

"Look, Tiff. Just help me out in here. If you will collaborate with my construction firm, there's a higher chance it will survive this year. It's a good marketing for me since I can brag to everyone it serviced one of the subsidiaries of HGC."

"Hmmm..."

"Oh, come on. Please~"

"Alright."

"YES!" he cheered loudly.

"But, on one condition."

He looked at me boringly, "What?"

"I still need your petrol in this project of mine. I'll just collaborate with your construction company in another project."

He held both of my hands together. "Thank you so much, Tiff. You are really an angel sometimes."

I chuckled, "Sometimes? Just sometimes?"

"Yes. You were so much of a devil earlier."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just let my hands go." I swatted his hands away.

Then, he looked at Yoong in confusion, "Why are you here, by the way? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital, treating your broken arm?"

Yoong chuckled, "I'm already okay, Soo. You don't have to worry."

"Are you freaking sure? It's just two weeks passed since you broke your arm, you know!"

"Relax. My work here in HGC doesn't really stress my arm at all."

I sighed loudly, "This stupid jerk filed a resignation two days ago. Thirty-day notice. I cannot accept that. So, we made a deal. He'll get to work with me until December this year with a condition that he'll get to comply with the things I want him to accomplish first and this is one of them."

"You are so evil, Hwang. Don't you know that?" Sooyoung snapped again.

"I am not. I didn't say he should go to work today, you know."

"Yeah, Soo." Yoong butted. "This is all in my discretion. Besides, I only have a few months left here, anyway."

Soo grinned widely, "And after that, it's the ultimate freedom, right?"

Yoong grinned widely as well, "And I really can't wait for that."

"Yah! Why are you two making it sound like I'm a horrible boss?!" I redirected to my secretary. "Yah, Hyomin! Am I a horrible boss?!"

She was startled by my question. Then, she cleared as she stood, "I'm just gonna go to the restroom, ma'am." And she quickly left.

"Yah, Hyomin!"

Aisshhh... That woman...

I glanced at my other executives. And with just that, they excused themselves out too. Oh. And Soo's executives who were left inside exited as well. *Sigh*.

"It seemed you scared even my executives too." Sooyoung snapped again then chuckled.

"Shut up, Soo."

Suddenly, my iPad rang. It was Sunkyu calling via FaceTime. I answered, "Hey, Kyu." Yoong and Soo scooted near me to take a look at the screen too.

His iPad seemed to be docked on his desk while he was seated and holding papers. "Umma." He snapped back while looking so much befuddled and a little horrified.

"What's wrong?"

"You told me that I should contact you whenever something unusual happens, right?"

"Yes. Did something happen, Kyu?"

He gazed down at the papers he was holding. "Appa..."

"Appa? Your Yuri-appa or Yoong-appa?"

"Yuri-appa..."

I started to panic, "What? What happened to him? Did he get into an accident again? What? Tell me!"

"Umma, calm down, will ya? He didn't get any accident or life-threatening experience again."

I breathed deeply in relief, "Thank goodness. Why did you call, anyway? What's with your Yuri-appa, then?"

He looked at me intently, "He's gone mad."

"Huh?"

He showed me the documents he was holding. "I just received three land titles from him and were named under my name. One from the Kwon's resting place in Busan and two residential houses here in the city." Then, he showed a car key. "I got a new sports car too. He also enrolled me in a somewhat prestigious driving school and got me a chance to have a special license to drive too." And he showed me another paper. "And, not only that. He's requesting me to start working part time in his company as his deputy since he's going to transfer to me everything once I get to graduate." He showed me the paper closer. "See, umma? What the hell is this?! What's wrong with him?!"

"Did you ask him why, though? Wait. Did you two already meet again? Is he already back in the country?"

"No. I didn't even see his face at all. All who I can contact to is that Rap Monster, his loyal subordinate something. And also... Boa-halmunee told me something..."

"What?"

"Appa wanted me to live with him..."

 

What does this mean? Is Yuri planning to take away Sunkyu from me?! N-no... H-he's my son too... Yeah, I know he's not related to me in any way, but, he's my son. He's always been. I can never afford to lose him too.

 

Aigoo...

 

Aigoo...

 

"Umma?"

 

Aigoo...

 

"Yah. Umma!"

I snapped out, "Y-yes, Kyu?"

"What should I do with these?"

"Just don't do anything. Just accept what he's giving you. Don't you dare leave the house, okay? Make sure no one will get inside who is a stranger to you, not even your father. Don't go with him if he asks you to. Do you understand?"

"Yes, umma."

"I will talk to your Yuri-appa about this."

"Okay."

"Uhhmm-- you promised me, right? You promised me that I'll be the one who you will always choose against anyone, right?"

"Yes, of course, umma."

"I love you, Sweetie."

"I love you too."

"Okay. Take care. Bye."

"Bye."

 

I ended the call. I glanced at Yoong and Sooyoung. "The both of you knew Yuri so well. What was that? Why is he doing this?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter