Part Two: The Belated Birthday Celebration

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

"Alright, princess, let's have you changed." Jessica and Hyoyeon started to push me towards our bedroom. "But--"

"I'll meet you there, love." Yuri said then went outside with Yoong, Taecyeon and Taeyeon following behind.

The three of us finally got inside and a pink night dress is resting neatly on our bed. I held it up, "This is so pretty."

"It sure is. Go get change. Tell us when you're ready for the make-over."

"Okay."

After I get dressed, Hyo and Sica had my hair a little fix and a little make-up on my face too.

"There. I'm sure Yuri will totally get crazy over you more and more. You're so pretty~" Sica said as we both stand in front of the mirror. "Thanks Jessie, Hyo."

Hyo then replied, "No problemo. Now, let's go, before Yuri will complain for us taking too long." She put a blindfold on me.

"Just put it lightly, Hyo. The make-up might get smudged." Jessica said.

"Don't worry I got it."

"Guys, where is exactly are you taking me?"

"Just relax there, bestie. It's definitely not in a warehouse."

 

---

 

"Here we are." Jessica removed my blindfold. We are in the building's rooftop. The sides were fully decorated with white and pink laces, rose petals were also scattered everywhere too. There were three small trees decorated with tiny white lights as they complement the beauty of the sunset. Then, situated at the middle of the place was a dining set with a candle light at the center of the table.

Suddenly, a familiar piano piece played. I noticed Hyoyeon and Jessica were already gone. Then, Yuri came out from behind one of the trees. He was wearing a black suit with a white collared shirt, pink vest and tie underneath.

I drew closer to him and so he was too. He then reached for my hand and kissed it. "Happy birthday, Tiffany. I'm sorry if this is only what I can give you."

"Are you kidding? This is so beautiful, already more than too much." Unknowingly, tears started to fall from my eyes. "You are really so sweet, thank you."

He chuckled then wiped my tears lightly with a handkerchief, "Don't cry. You're going to ruin your makeup."

"I'm sorry."

He then brushed my bangs with his one hand, "You are so beautiful."

"You are handsome yourself, too."

He held me on my waist and rested his forehead on mine. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"May I have this dance with you, my princess?"

"Yes." I couldn't help but giggled over his offer. I rested my arms over his shoulders and his both hands are on my waist. We started to sway to the rhythm of the slow music as I stared at him. Correspondingly, he was gazing back at me too with his soft eyes, never even dared to look anywhere else.

"How did you know that's my favorite piano piece?"

"I happen to come across your music playlist on your phone while you're asleep. Sorry if I can't rent a real pianist for this."

"Silly. You don't have to, Yuri-yah."

"I just hope the player wouldn't jump or it might ruin the mood."

"Yeah that will be so-- what the fudge much." I said and giggled. "You already set the mood more than enough, anyway. So I guess it's okay."

"Well, I have to. This is like our first dinner date." He rested his forehead on mine as we continued to sway. "I know we went too fast on our relationship. Lots of things even happened too. So, I want us at least to have a dinner date like this once in a while."

"Thank you so much. I've always been dreaming of this."

"Like I said, I will help your dreams come true, my love." He said while flashing his handsome smirk. I snuggled on his chest as we continued to dance with the melody.

We then both stopped and gaze at the sun setting down. He reached for my cheek and made me look at him. "I love you with all my heart, Fany-yah."

"I love you with all my heart and soul, Yuri-yah. Basically, I love you more."

"No, I love you more."

"Nah uh. I love you more."

"Marry me, then."

"Alright. Ask me now."

"Will you marry me, Tiffany Hwang?"

"Y--" Before I could finish my answer, he hastily put a finger in front of my lips. "No, don't answer yet. I have a separate idea for my proposal."

"What? Another one? Are you trying to kill me with your sweetness, Mister Kwon?"

"Yes." He kissed my forehead, my nose then my lips. "I will drown you with sweetness from then on. I will make your heart melt over and over and over."

"I'm looking forward to that." I said and kissed his lips.

"Now, to drown you more... Even if I couldn't hire a pianist, I guess this band may compensate the absence."

On the left-side of the rooftop was an elevated stage. Jessica and Yoong were there. The former was holding a guitar and the latter was on drums. Then, Taeyeon came on stage with a mic and fixed it on the stand that was already there. They were all already in formal wear.

Taeyeon intro-ed, "First, we would like to greet our beloved Tiffany a belated very happy birthday. This song is for you. As requested by the lover boy, 'Beautiful' by 10CM." Jessica started to pluck a Bossa melody on her guitar. Then, Taeyeon started to sing,

    "Did I say a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter