The Clash of the Two Best of Friends

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

*31st-of-August-2016*

If there's one useful thing I retained from that pesky brat's things, it's the DJI Phantom 4, an unmanned aerial vehicle or popularly known as a drone, I bought as a gift to him for his birthday. Well, he's been bugging my mom to buy him one for Christmas last year but she's been adamant to. She said it was not a very nice toy to play or something since it ruins privacy. Well, with my stupidity, I bought him the latest model for his birthday this year. Yet, you know what he did? He just dumped it in his room and never even opened it. See how obnoxious, ungrateful brat he was?

But, that's part of the past now. What matters most is I got it back. And now I can play with it. Well, not exactly play. I'm gonna use it for entertainment purposes.

I'm currently here inside my car which was parked outside the Incheon airport, and just flying my drone around. It has been a policy in this country not to fly drones within airport premises, but, who the ing cares? I'm gonna do whatever I want. So? Why I chose to be here? Simple. It's the day the best friend of mine, Jessica Jung, will finally set her foot back to this country. So, I'm just gonna do some spy doings first just to get some ideas on how to totally burn her down.

I heard from Sunny and Hyoyeon's conversation yesterday that her flight's going to arrive today. It seems I got on time too that it was announced in the airport the flight number of her airline have just arrived three minutes ago. I'm sure just few moments now, she'll get to the arrival area where the former two es and foolish Sooyoung are waiting.

I flew my drone in front of the glass wall where the three were situated. Oh. Look at them. Look at that poodle-haired monkey. She seems to look pissed off even until now. Well, I purposely put mustard on her white pants yesterday and it ended up looking like poop. Though, I pretended to be innocent about it. Still, that isn't enough of a payback after all these years of bullying from her. Yes, even way back in high school. That's how long my vengeance is.

Oh. Oh. There they are. Jessica Jung and Kim Taeyeon. Both of them were smiling as they approached the three. They exchanged hugs, little laughs, and some talks too. I zoomed the video to my best friend's face. Hmmmm... She looks happy and satisfied. Love life, perhaps?

She raised her hand as she fixed her bangs. There was somewhat a ring shining on her ring-finger. Hmmm... There it is. An engagement ring. That's probably it. Could it be Taeyeon?

I redirected the focus of the camera to Taeyeon's face. Hmmmm... He looks a little sad. Probably, he's just tired or something. I tried focusing the camera to Taeyeon’s hands. I couldn't get a clearer focus, though. He was moving his hands a lot. Judging by the look on his face, though, he's probably not the one she's engaged with.

Few more moments of them chatting, Jessica had noticed my drone. She stared directly at the camera while wearing a confused look on her face. I zoomed out the view then I noticed her calling someone over. A security guard approached her and she kind of tipped off my drone.

Now, the security guard looked somewhat enraged. He started to use his walkie-talkie. Soon, the guards outside started to chase over my drone. I quickly flew it away from the area. Yet, as the drone got farther away, I saw Jessica stared directly at my camera. Then, she raised her two middle fingers and smirked triumphantly.

Oh. Damn that .

 

Quickly as I flew my drone back inside my car, I drove the car as fast as I could. Yup, I engaged myself in a police chase. But, not bragging or anything, I am one hell of a good racer. Yes, I do. I think I was born with it. Well, my mother was a seasoned traffic violator. She got a lot of speeding tickets even until now. So, it kind of runs in my blood. But, I am hell of better than her. I always get away with it.

I successfully and swiftly entered a parking area of a shopping mall nearby. Then, I quickly got out of it alongside with my drone and transferred to my real car. Yes, yes, I purposely rented a car for this act and note, not under my name *wink-wink*. And wolla. I am successful. I left the police busy looking over the car I rented out with a cheap drone inside. I left fingerprints of someone else's on it, though.

 

---

 

With almost an hour of driving, I finally arrived at my office. As I got into my floor, my fiancé noticed my presence. "Hey, there you are." Yoong snapped as he went closer to me.

"Hey there. What's up?"

"Where have you been?"

"Oh. I just went out for a walk."

He looked at me in confusion. "Why?"

I chuckled, "Why not?" I headed for my office and he eagerly followed.

"So, you went out of the office for a walk and you didn't even tell me?"

"Well, at least, I didn't lie to you." I turned to face him. "Unlike you, you've always been telling me you're going to Incheon when in fact, you're just going to see your man."

He looked at me disbelievingly and shockingly. Well, he has the right to. All my staffs have heard what I said. Gosh. I'm totally laughing out loud inside. Gosh, this is so freaking good.

"Man?! What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Oops. Sorry. I meant Sooyoung. Wasn't he your man?"

"What the actual fu---?! Where the hell are you getting that idea?!"

"If he wasn't your man, you wouldn't dare to hide it from me that you're seeing him secretly. Seriously, Yoong, you think I'm not aware you met up with him again last Monday, huh?"

"Goddamnit, Tiffany." he whispered as he closed his eyes and massaged his temples.

I chuckled, "Now, I'm heading back to my office." I pinched his cheek lightly. "See you around. Love yah. Well, that's despite the fact you're a cheating gay bastard." I uttered which earned small giggles from my employees.

I started to walk away then he shouted furiously, "Jesus grace, Tiffany, I'm not gay!"

 

I reached my office and immediately made myself focused back to my work. Yet, a few moments later, my fiancé bugged me again. "Look. I'm not yet done earlier. I was going to tell you something." he snapped as he went in front of my desk.

"Uhuh. What is it?"

"Jessica and Taeyeon-hyung have just arrived in the country."

"I see... So, what about them?" I asked back, still focused on my laptop.

"Well, don't you want to, like... give them a welcoming greeting or something?"

"..."

"You know... like... catch up with each other's lives through a friendly dinner gathering?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes, "Do you want to?"

"Huh? I am asking you, you know."

"If you want to do that then, go do it. Me. I still have much better things to do than spending time on useless dinner gatherings."

"Yah. Tiffany. They are our friends."

"Friends? So, you still consider them friends despite the many evil things they did to you?"

"That's all part of the past. But, the hell, come on, this isn't about me. It's about you. Your best friend has just arrived in the country. Don't you wanna go reunite with her?"

"Didn't I just make myself clear? I said I have better things to do than spending time with that woman. Or do you wanna go spend time with her instead? You can do that. Yes. I will not mind."

"No, I don't. The hell, how many times do I have to say that this isn't about me?!"

"Well, I won't be stopping until you stop on bugging me."

He groaned under his breath, "Tiffany..." he closed his eyes and massaged his temples again.

Suddenly, Hyomin, my secretary, knocked on the already-opened door to get my attention. "Ma'am, excuse me."

"Yes?"

"Someone named Jessica Jung is on the line. She said she's a close friend of yours and wanted to talk to you."

I looked at Yoong and he returned a meaningful grin at me. I snapped, still not removing my gaze from my fiancé, "Okay. Transfer the call to me."

"Right away, ma'am." she said and went back to her desk.

Soon, my phone rang. I waited for two more rings before answering it through loudspeaker-mode. "Hello." I snapped and continued to focus back to my office work.

"Hello there, Tiff."

"May I know who this is?"

She chuckled, "Didn't your secretary tell you who I am? Have you forgotten my voice too?"

"Well, for formalities sake, you should have retold your name to me. I'm sure you are aware enough of telephone call ethics, right?"

She sighed, "Fine. My fault. It's me, Jessica. Jessica Sooyeon Jung, just in case you still wanted to hear my full name. Anyway, I'm back here in the country. Are you busy?"

"Yes, so busy."

"Oh."

"..."

"Busy with what?"

"Work."

"In HGC?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"..."

"Why is it so?"

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Well, that's your father's wealth that you're busy with. Shouldn't you be jeopardizing that instead?"

I chuckled, "Please, Jessica. I am not like you. I don't hold grudges. Wait, no. I do hold grudges but I do get my revenge in a different way from you."

She chuckled in return, "Really, huh? That's kind of an unusual kind of revenge, like you know... it's somewhat stupid. Well, I wouldn't be explaining my point now, though. I think it's gonna take days for you to understand."

I sighed loudly, "Just shut the ing up and get to the point, please."

"Let's meet up."

"Didn't I say I'm busy?"

"Oh come on. Just this once."

"It seems you've been slacking off over the years that you have so much free-time. I am busy, Jessica. Just go bother someone else."

"My treat."

"No."

"It's free food. Come on."

"What am I? A dog? You think I will still fall for your free-food trick?"

"Yes."

"I am a Hwang. I pretty much own the wealth of my family now. Also, fun fact, I am like the second-richest female business tycoon in the country right now. I should have been first but that Hyoyeon came back here."

She ignored my remark and continued, "I brought roast beef and turkey from Johnny's, probably around three kilos of them duly preserved carefully. All just for you. Remember the satiating, heavenly taste of the beef? The turkey? Have you forgotten that feeling of having them inside your mouth, chewing them?"

Arghhhh. Damn it.

"Fine. I'll be freeing up my schedule tonight, BUT, just one hour."

"No, I want to meet up right away."

"No."

"I'll just give everything to Sooyoung then."

"Go. Do it then."

"Arghhh-- fine! Tonight. 6 pm, okay?"

"7 pm at Restaurante de Eduardo Guezo."

"Fine."

I looked at Yoong and smirked, "And I'm bringing my fiancé with me."

"O-h s-sure thing."

"Alright. That settles it then."

"Yes. Yes. See you later."

"Later." I quickly ended the call. I looked at my boyfriend again and smiled, "Happy?"

"Yes, so happy."

I focused back to my office work, "You can go get yourself prepped up now. Buy new clothes. Get a haircut. You're gonna see your beloved ex tonight so you better be ready."

"Tiffany."

"Go. I'm still busy here. Don't bother me, anymore. You already got what you want."

He sighed loudly and sarcastically responded, "Fine. I will go get new clothes, get a new haircut, just as you suggested. Now, I can't wait to see her tonight." He then left my office before I could even respond.

Hmmm. Yes, yes. Now, I am excited too.

 

---

 

Immediately after office hours, I had myself readied at our place. I planned to wear a side-swept hairstyle complimented by my long deep V-neck red dress. My fiancé wasn't at home though. Probably, he did go buy clothes and prepped himself up in a salon. Well, it's kind of infuriating for me but, it's somewhat favorable on my end. It just means I will get what I want tonight. What is it that I want? Well, those idiots have to know who they are underestimating and where they should place themselves. And Yoong's part of my plan.

I arrived at the restaurant and it seems the whole place was already reserved under the company, SKY Incorporation. I was accepted inside, though. Hmmm. So, Taeyeon is really the owner of that company, huh?

I was not aware it will be a gathering of the gang, however. Hyoyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung, and Taeyeon were there too. Jessica was wearing a light blue glimmering backless dress with her hair tied up like a bun. Fair enough. Oh, about Sunny's and Hyoyeon's dresses and hairstyles? Four-letter word. Lame.

As soon as I entered the entrance of the restaurant, I caught all of their attention. They all ended up staring at me, most especially the two guys who also have their jaws somehow dropped. One of the waiters assisted me on taking my coat then another guided to the table. As I went near, the two guys stood up and even raced to assist me on my chair. Sooyoung gotten first, though.

"Hey." Taeyeon snapped while still looking at me, mesmerized.

"Hey there, Taeyeon." I greeted back and kissed his cheek for a moment. I then flashed him a warm smile.

He smiled back, yet, with his mouth fell a little open. Then, he chuckled, "Wow." He looked at me from head to toe then, nodded. "Wow." He paused for a moment then uttered, "You've become more beautiful, Tiffany."

I giggled, "Thank you."

My best friend stood up and went to my side of the table. "Bestie. It's nice to see you again." she greeted and smirked.

I smirked too, "It's nice to see you again too." We exchanged kisses on the cheek then afterwards, I looked at her intently as I smirked again. She returned the same, though, it was somewhat a mischievous one. She went back to her seat and Taeyeon helped her.

I was assisted by Sooyoung. "Thank you very much. You’re such a gentleman, Sooyoung."

He sat beside me. "Always for a beautiful woman." He held up my hand and kissed it.

Hyoyeon immediately snapped, "Right in front of me? Really?"

I chuckled, "Sooyoung was just appreciating beauty, Hyoyeon. Give him a break."

Sooyoung faked a laugh, "Yeah, it was more of like that, my Hyoyeon. It's nothing romantic or something. Tiffany's always this captivating, anyway so uhmmm--"

"Just shut it, Soo." Hyoyeon said and rolled her eyes. Soo just ended up grinning as he scratches his nape.

I looked at my best friend and redirected the topic. "Anyway, very nice dress, bestie. I'm glad you prepped up nicely. Else, I would have been embarrassed right now."

She chuckled, "Thank you, and so are you. Else, I would have pretended I never knew you."

"Thank you."

Taeyeon snapped in, "Yeah, the both of you are very, very, very beautiful tonight."

"Aww. Thank you, Taeyeon." Jessica smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter