Lying Isn't the Most Fun a Girl Can Do If She's a Real Bad Liar

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

After that long day of waiting for the results, me, Yuri and our friends headed to a restaurant downtown. These guys really wouldn't stop on bugging us for a celebration treat.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Yuri asked.

 

LIE TO HIM

 

"Y-yeah."

 

 

"Is something bothering you?"

 

LIE TO HIM

 

"No- Nothing at all."

 

 

"I don't think so. Spit it out, Fany-yah."

 

LIE TO HIM

 

"No, really…

 

 

 

Oh the food's here!" I said, changing the topic.

 

"Oh yeah! I'm starving." Tae blurted.

 

"Wow. Very nice customer service, they're 3 minutes earlier than their promised waiting time." Hyo said.

 

"Let's eat!"

 

"Chu- know. Yug and Yur chilli gotta tigh competishown there." Tae said while his mouth was so full of food.

 

"Where are your manners? Clear your mouth first before saying anything." Jessica scolded him and made him dumbfounded. Afterwards, he nodded in reply and gulped down the food he's eating.

 

Wow. This is new. Usually, Tae refuses to listen to Jess and even got hilarious paybacks on her. But now, look at him, a faint blush is visible on his cheeks, looking so shy.

 

"I- I meant to say. Yoong and Yul really got a tight competition there." He said, looking down.

 

Yuri looked at them both, confused as I am too. "Did the both of you dated each other before?" He asked.

 

"NO!" They both answered and looked away. "Dude, where did you got that?" Tae nervously laughed.

 

"Well... It looks to me you reminisced something on what Jessica said."

 

"Stop on your smart observations, Mr. Kwon Yuri. We never dated each other." Jessica glared over him and he just nodded back, looking so scared.

 

So Tae was Sica's ex-boyfriend? Was he the reason why Jessica had a complete 180-degree change?

 

"So I was saying..." Tae continued and smiled at us. "The competition was really tight. But yeah, in the end, Yuri won."

 

"There's no competition on both of us, those girls are just making them all up." Yuri said.

 

"Yeah… Besides, I know Yul-hyung is better and smarter than me." Yoong snapped with a slight look of disappointment all over his face.

 

"Hey. Don't say that. I'm not that smart. It just so happens I got inspiration to study hard this time." Yuri then looked at me, smiling.

 

"I don't know about that. I never seen you study and you just plainly bother me around that time." I said.

 

"So was I bothering you?" Yul pouted.

 

I held his hand with both of mine. "Yes."

 

Our meal turned out surprisingly quiet. Jessie with her usual self, Tae just wandering his eyes around, Yoong didn't even start on his crazy prank stories, and Hyo, it seems like something's really bothering her.

 

Wow. Our friends sure all got some serious personal issues.

 

"Tell me, did you already find a job?" Yuri asked.

 

"Ye- yes."

 

"Really?" He smiled. "What kind?"

 

"Uhhh- A typical one?"

 

"Where?"

 

"Just... Somewhere..."

 

His expression suddenly changed and he glowered at me. "Where is it?"

 

“Somewhere you do not know.”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“I already told you.”

 

“NOW!”

 

 

I'm sorry Jessica, I’m really a bad liar.

 

 

"At the..." I looked down and whispered so anyone wouldn’t hear. "Malibu Club."

 

"What did you just say?" Oh dear. I’m certain he's really really mad now.

 

"Malibu Club." I repeated.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

Jessica cleared and started on her invented melody. "Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun~"

 

"HERE COMES TROUBLE!!!~" Hyo shouted. "Follow Me!!!"

 

Hyo and Jessi both stood and started to dance.

 

"OH OH OH EH OH~

E EH E EH! OH OH EH OH OH OOOHHHHH~

OH OH OH EH OH~

E EH E EH! OH OH EH OH OH OOOHHHHH~"

 

Tae and Yoong looked both amazed by Jessi's sudden 180-degree change and decided to follow them along.

 

Wow. They just looked lifeless earlier, now look at them, dancing really weird swaggy steps with nothing but chants of Oh and Ohs.

 

"OH OH OH EH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter