Arrival of the Most Unexpected Guest

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

*August-26-2017-Hwang-Diamond-Hotel-Main-Branch-Grand-Function-Hall*

This best friend of mine sure is such a pain in the . Good thing, she slapped me on my right leg. Else, the bruise would have been exposed on my split dress. Well, apparently, the split of my night dress is on the left side.

Anyway, after a few minutes of driving, we arrived at the venue of my father's grand birthday celebration. It is currently held at Hwang Diamond Hotel - main branch's grandest and largest function hall. My mom decided to make it classy yet, extravagant and fabulous. Well, it has been awhile since we have some sort of grand and classy celebration like this. The last time was my failed engagement with Sooyoung. Yeah, the ridiculous Hwang Murder House Halloween party doesn't count.

As we arrived at the entrance to the function hall, our names and designations were announced through the audio surround system of the place. "Announcing the arrival of the Chief Executive Officers of Jung Investment Corporation, Jessica Sooyeon Jung, and, Hwang Group of Companies, Stephanie Miyoung Hwang." the announcer said. We received a round of applause. Well, as practice, guests who are aristocrats or be noted with high positions are somewhat being given privileged to be honored of their arrival.

As we walked, I snapped at my best friend in a whisper, "I didn't know you're running an Investment Corp, Jess."

She chuckled, "Silly. I didn't lack from telling you things about my life, bestie. I think you're just not paying attention."

"Alright. Alright. My fault. Who ran your company while you were gone, by the way?"

"The acting CEO, of course."

"Who exactly, Jung?"

She sighed, "My aunt. My mom's best friend specifically, not anyone of my biological aunts. Ever since dad got imprisoned, she's the one who took over until I am ready. The position was only transferred to me when Yuri and I met again last year."

"Oh. I see... But, wait." I looked at her quizzically. "Didn’t you always tell us you’re broke and you can't pay for the bill every time we go out way back in college?"

She chuckled, "Oh. Come on, Tiff. I just don’t wanna shell out on the expenses. That was my method and it always worked."

"Wow. Really, a wow."

"What? It's not my fault you guys are so gullible."

"But, didn't you have a part time job too? What for?"

"Oh. Do you think my aunt gives me that much allowance? Even if she gives me, it was not enough for my band activities and other stuff, okay."

I chuckled, "Other stuff, you mean, gothic makeups?"

She looked at me boringly at first then sighed in defeat, "Yes."

"How's business, by the way?"

"Hmmm. I'm not really focused on it. Actually, I never did. I never have plans in becoming our company's CEO for good. But, anyway... my dad's back from silently handling the company now instead of me. And soon, I'll transfer my position to my future husband." She smiled proudly, "Yoong, specifically."

"FYI. I'm not letting go of Yoong. He's still part of my company, Jess, and will always be."

"You have to let go of him, Tiff. With Yuri leaving SKY's Korea office, he's going to transfer the management to his brother. Probably, he'll do it once he finally revealed the truth on Yoong. And I tell you, Yoong can't manage three companies at the same time, okay."

"Nah. He'll accept it as a challenge. That's a kind of man he is."

"Oh. Well. You still have to give up because I will not and definitely, Yuri will not too. We both have better right on Yoong more than you."

I chuckled, "You're making it sound like we're dealing with the custody of a child here or something."

She chuckled too, "Yeah. But, can't help it. Yoong's a very valuable person to have for a company."

"Yeah."

Jessica firstly greeted my father. Afterwards, we parted ways as she seated at the table occupied by Uncle Vincent. Yoong was already there too. They seemed to be grouped by my mom appropriately. Well, my set of friends is also assigned the same table and also the other one beside it. I am assigned to the main table where my family is seated. The dinner was first served to the guests firstly before the actual program to start.

There were a lot of notable personalities that came. There are some celebrities and famous businessmen who are acquainted with my mom and dad. Of course, my friends are complete and present, too, including their parents. Taeyeon hasn't arrived yet, though, but, his sister, Sulli, is already here. Nonetheless, surprisingly, Yoong's parents and grandmother were also here. They are on the separate table though and I think, there has been no conversation spurred between him and his family until now.

Soon after a few minutes, Yuri has arrived alongside with Taeyeon. "Announcing the arrival of SKY Incorporation Chief Operations Officer, Taeyeon Kim, and Chief Executive Officer, George Nicholas Yuri Kwon." the announcer said. Everyone applauded in return.

It's a little disappointing for me, though. Yuri's too much clean-cut. He's not full-bearded. *Sigh*. But, never mind. His clean version is still oooooh goddddamnnnn hot!!!!!!!

*Spazz mode on*

Yuri's too handsome in his tuxedo. His hair was styled as brush up which adds up to his sophisticated and formal look. He looks like a very hot secret agent, yes. Oh. And that smirk? Gosh, his smirk really matches up with his look now. He's too clean, too handsomely clean. Oh, my gosssshhh~!

Aigoo... I feel like I'm falling in love again, harder and harder and harder. Gosh~ He's sooooooo--- Aisshhh-- I can't stop spazzing! I might squeal here by accident. Aigoo...

Oh. They're heading towards our table. Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!

Calm down, Stephanie. Take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. There. There. Be composed. Make sure to not show him you're so much spazzing crazily inside.

 

"Happy birthday, Sir Henry." Yuri greeted.

"Happy fiftieth birthday, Sir Henry." Taeyeon greeted too.

My family and I stood up. "Thank you. Thank you very much for coming." Dad answered.

The two of them shook hands with my dad, mom, and Tao. Taeyeon patted Sunkyu's head while Yuri gave our son a hug. Taeyeon had me in an embrace as well. Taeyeon then uttered, "You look so beautiful, Stephanie."

I giggled, "Thank you, Taeyeon. You are much handsome yourself."

He then made way for Yuri. The two of us just happened to stop while facing each other. His stare never left me. So am I on him. He's... He's staring at me somewhat lovingly. Subconsciously, a smile escaped from my lips. He returned the same.

"H-hi." he greeted.

"Hi." I greeted back.

"You look really beautiful."

I felt my face warmed up. "Th-thanks." I responded shyly. "You are very beautiful too." I quickly resent. "I- I mean, you're a beautiful man. Very beautiful..."

"Th-thanks." he responded then smiled at me again.

"It's been a while..." I uttered.

"Yeah... Long time no see."

I smiled, "Yes, long time no see... How long has it been?"

"Three weeks, I guess?"

"Right... Three weeks..."

We continued to stare directly into each other's eyes. I felt like, I'm lost in my own world with him. It's like no one's around us... Just the two of us...

"Hyung!" Tao suddenly shouted so loud that the other guests can actually hear clearly too. "Would you like to exchange seats with me?! You can seat beside Stephanie-noona if you want!"

Yuri and I blushed from my brother's unnecessary loudness. I glanced at the latter and it seemed he really did plan to impliedly reveal to the other guests of mine and Yuri's attraction towards each other. Tao smirked while having a secret fist bump with my son, Sunkyu. The latter's grinning widely as he stared at me and his father too.

Yuri suddenly sent out a chuckle out of embarrassment. "N-no, no. It's okay." His ears were so red too. "I'll just uhhmm-- there-- uhhmmm-- proceed to my seat."

"We can just bring your seat beside Stephanie instead, Yul!" Taeyeon somewhat shouted too, drawing the attention of everyone again. He secretly made low fives with Kyu and Tao.

"Hahaha-- No, no it's okay." Yul uttered, again, looking so embarrassed. Then, he took a step backward. Unfortunately, he stumbled from the elevated platform and almost lost balance. Good thing, he quickly recovered from it. "Haha-- s-sorry. I uhhmm I didn't notice the platform uhhm-- Hahah-- yeah." He scratched his nape then looked away. His face turned sooo much red.

"So, uhhmm, Yuri." Mom butted. "Didn't you say you're gonna bring a guest?" She chuckled, "Were you pertaining about Taeyeon that time?"

"Oh. No. No. Miss Elise. My guest will arrive later."

"I see..."

"So uhhmm-- I uhhmm--" He glanced back to me. "Taeyeon and I are gonna head for our seats now."

"O-okay." I answered and nodded shyly.

He smiled awkwardly in return then, he somewhat dragged Taeyeon by his arm as he walked like a robot while heading to their designated seats.

My family and I went back to our seats. Sunkyu then whispered to me, "Umma. Calm down. You're too much obvious. The other guests are looking at you now."

"Wh-what? I'm not doing anything."

"You're sooooooo blushing madly."

I faked a chuckle. "This is just because of my makeup, okay."

"Then, how are you gonna explain your arms?"

I looked at my arms. He's right, indeed. My whole body's so red. Gosh. Even my blushing went down to my body too?! Aigoo...

"You better be discreet, Stephanie." dad whispered to me too. "People might think you and Yoong broke up because of Yuri. Well, it's kind of really the reason but, we can't exactly reveal that yet to the public. It's okay on Yoong's side but not on yours. He can draw the negative attention to him instead."

"Dad, don't be that evil. Jessica and Yoong are my friends too."

"They're not Hwangs. You're the Hwang. Everyone's eyes are on you, not on them." Then, he smirked, "Though, it's a really big controversy if they found out you're linked with the SKY CEO. Think about how juicy the story will be."

"Just shut it, Jae." Mom butted. "You better not try to draw attention to our daughter on this. Else, our conflicts with the Kwons before might get to be dug up again. It'll be much more of a chaos."

"Gee. Don't worry about that one. That issue already died down for the many years passed. Relax."

"Oh yeah? Even the arrival of Yuri already drew a commotion here, you know. This is a Hwang gathering yet, he's here?"

"Alright. Alright. You win this argument." He s his hand at mom's shoulders. "Stop being so grumpy. Can't we just enjoy my party, love?"

She sighed, "Okay. Fine."

He chuckled then gave her a kiss on the cheek. Mom playfully slapped his chest in return.

The dinner continued for a few minutes while the guest artists began performing. Dad's really fond of the ballad group, 4Men, so mom invited them to perform. There were some other famous Kpop Ballad artists as well. Tao sort of tried to suggest for the girl band, Generation Girls, to perform too, but, the invite was sent too late, though. The bands' schedule is too tight recently. Nonetheless, their company offered the service of Shinee, instead. Sunkyu loved that band so, it's kind of a win-win.

Afterwards, our family proceeded to the elevated platform. My dad then stated to the microphone, "I would like to thank everyone for coming, most especially to our friends and colleagues, and of course, our extended families." He looked at us, "And, also, I would like to thank my family for preparing this wonderful party." He smiled and stared lovingly at mom, "And most especially to you, my wife." Then, he looked back at the audience. "I never actually foresee myself celebrating my Fifty years of living." he said and drew chuckles. "So, uuhhmm, I thank God letting me live this long." He looked back at us. "For letting me be with my children, see how they grow up and become adults. For letting me experience being a grandfather... And for letting me love my wife this long."

"Ayyyiiieee~" Tao, Sunkyu, and I teased behind them.

"Kiss!" one from the audience shouted. Soon, almost everyone cheered for it. Mom and dad are already blushing madly from the teasing.

"Elise." dad called while smiling sheepishly. He went near her and held her hand. He breathed deeply first while having a blush on his cheeks, "Thank you for everything. And I... I love you so much."

Mom stared at dad lovingly. Then, she smiled warmly and answered, "I love you so much too, Jae." Then, they shared a kiss. It drew massive cheers and applause from the audience.

Gosh. I think I'm dying of their sweetness and cheesiness.

"Aigoo... my fingers are curling." Tao snapped.

"Get a room!" Uncle Vincent shouted and drew chuckles from the other guests too.

Dad hugged her and she buried her face on his chest. Dad chuckled and answered Uncle through the mic, "We will, hyung. Later." Then, sent out a wink.

Soulful and jazz music has then started. Dad asked for mom's hand to join him for a dance. Soon, the other guests joined in the ball. Tao, Sunkyu and I went back to our seats to watch them.

I then noticed Sunny somewhat staring at my brother alluringly. Tao seemed to have become uneasy and sweating bullets now too. She then signaled him to come near. And, without a second thought, Tao headed towards her and asked her to dance. Aigoo... Sunny's becoming a 'pedo' again? Now, she's targeting my brother? *Sigh*.

I then noticed Sulli's the only family Taeyeon has brought for the party too. Well, it's a good thing, though. At least, there wouldn't be a commotion that might arise between his family and the Jungs.

Anyways, I think it's time for me to play cupid. I nudged my son on his side. "Baby Kyu?"

"Yah. Umma. Don't call me baby here." he whispered back.

"Now, I am no longer allowed to call you baby?"

"Aisshh-- not in the public place, okay. What will people say about me if they'll get to hear you?"

I faked a sigh, "Fine. Anyway, aren't you gonna ask someone to dance?"

"Do you want me to dance you?"

"Silly. Not me." I pointed at Sulli. "Why don't you ask your classmate right there?"

"Umma. How many times should I tell you, Sulli and I are just friends?"

"Wasn't she your first girlfriend?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter