The Antecedent, the Similarity, the New Generation

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri POV

"So, let me tell you now... You are Yuri Kwon, the only son of Yunho and Boa Kwon, the only heir for the late Summit K.Y. And... My long-lost nephew." Dad, Mr. Goo, stated.

"H-how is that ppossible then? I-- I grew up in the countryside. I never heard of Yunho or Boa in my life 'til I met you..."

"Trust me. I do not know how you ended up forgetting everything about your parents too. Well but, it maybe is because of that accident you had when you were young. You might have suffered an amnesia."

"I had an amnesia?"

"I'm not sure. But that's the most plausible reason you could forget about your past."

"Then, how did I end up in Busan with my grandmother? Was she even my real grandmother in the first place?"

"That, I can no longer answer. But there is only one person that knows..."

"Who?"

"Vincent."

"Vincent?"

"Vincent Jung."

"Wh-what? Jessica's father?"

"Yes. Vincent was your father's right hand and best friend since after his college years. He's the one your father asked for a favor to get you out of the U.S. And perhaps, he could have brought you here."

---

Vincent Jung. He's the one that can answer all of my questions from my past.

"Mr. Jung, I--"

Without a warning, he grappled me again, caught me in a headlock. "Don't say my name out loud here. I've been hiding my identity here for years. I don't want you to screw that up now."

"We need to talk."

"We're in a middle of war, kid. It's not really the perfect time for interviews."

I successfully escaped from his grasp. Then, Jonghyun announced, "Three leaders left. A, C, and F!"

Good. Tao survived.

All of a sudden, Tao was about to jump towards Sir Vincent from behind with his fist already readied for a punch. However, the latter had already sensed his presence in an instant.

"Tao, no!"

Unfortunately, it was too late. Sir Vincent unleashed a 360 turning kick and hit him straight on the face. He stumbled on the ground. What's worse is, Sir Vincent stomped him on his jaw and that had him drew out blood from his mouth and fell unconscious.

"Only two leaders remaining, C and F! Who will win this war?!" Jonghyun stated.

"Kid." Sir Vincent looked at me with nothing but fury in his eyes. "In this hell, there is no such thing as sympathy, family, or even someone you can call a friend."

"..."

"That is why, you should know how are you gonna survive in this place alone." He moved his hand as if challenging me, "Bring it. Show me what you got."

"I don't want to fight you."

"Don't be a chicken." He glanced over the viewing room the redirected back to me. "Everyone's watching you. You better show them you're not a weakling. So, go on. Give me your best shot. Because, I tell you, even if you're my best friend's son, I will show no mercy on you."

I ran towards him and threw my fist on his face. I almost hit him though as my knuckle slightly touched his cheek. He swiftly dodged my attack in the end. I rotated and successfully elbowed him on his stomach. As he slightly stumbled, I unleashed another punch and had hit him on the face.

He stumbled three steps away. Then, he chuckled as he wiped the blood on his lips. "Now this is getting more fun."

I rushed towards him again and tried for another attack. However, he caught my knuckle. He countered a straight punch on my cheek and that got me fallen immediately on the ground.

He was about to stomp me on my face, fortunately, I quickly rolled over to dodge it. I finally recovered and stood. Yet, he had us engaged in an exchange of attacks again. Luckily enough, I dodged every moved he throws at me. However, he did the same too on my attacks.

"I'm sorry kid but, I think our fight's taking too long! I'm gonna end this right away, okay?!" he said as he continuously attacked me.

"We'll see about that!"

Yet, as he continuously attacked me with his forceful jabs, the heaven seems like is in favor of me. There was a crack on the ground which just so happens, his sandal got stuck into and made him stumbled. And that was my chance.

I elbowed him on his nape and that had him kneel on the ground. I then kneed him on the face with my full strength. And with that, he was finally down unconscious on the ground.

"THE BLOCK F LEADER HAS FALLEN!" Jonghyun announced in enthusiasm which drew lots of cheers not only from my block but, from all the other blocks too except Block F. He continued, "THE NEW, REIGNING CHAMPION BLOCK C WITH LEADER, THE ROOKIE, DEVIL YURI!"

Damn. Hell. This is indeed a pure damn luck for me. I am sure a very, very lucky guy.

I looked at the viewing room and I noticed Henry wasn't there anymore. On the other hand, Military General Seo was looking and smiling at me. Then, he gave me a thumbs up.

Okay, now that's weird. What's with General Seo this time?

 

---

 

*Lunch-time-Anseong-Prison*

After a long battle, surely, a nice meal is so good to ease all the fatigue and pain. Besides, even if I've only been here for weeks, I am already craving for delicious food too. Now, I say, all our hardships paid off.

"Boss, you are an angel sent from above for us!" Wakka said as he cried while eating roasted chicken drumstick.

"You got the jams, ma meyn!" Rap monster added.

I answered, "Stop with the jams, Rap. Just go, stuff yourself with food."

I then stood up and called everyone's attention, "Everyone. Our friends from Block B are coming. Some from Block A isn't even here yet, too. Be sure to save them food."

"Yes, boss!"

It's a good thing that every time the war ends, the ration of food for the winning block is doubled for the first day. There's enough food for everyone.

I quickly finished my food then headed out of my block. I then saw Zico heading towards me. "H-hey there." he greeted awkwardly as he scratched his nape.

"Hey."

"Look, Yuri, I... I'm sorry saying inappropriate things about your ex. I didn't mean--"

"Chill, Zico. Just don't talk that way on my ex again and it will all be fine for me. Go, call your whole block and eat inside. Almost everyone from Block A's already there. I'm sure you don't want your block to starve alone."

"Th-thanks!" And he cried in tears then, hugged me. "Thank you so much! We can finally eat real food again!"

I chuckled, "Okay,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter