The Top-Secret Slam Book of the Flower Boys

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany POV

After our charity work at the orphanage, I headed straight home to fill up my page on the slam book but I'm more excited on reading its contents actually. Sadly, Tae wanted to come along. He said he wanted to see Sunkyu too as it's 'been a while' since the last time they've seen each other. I doubt that's his real reason though. Now, here I am, riding the bus with him and yet, until this time, he's not lending me the slam book.

"TaeTae... when are you gonna hand me the slam book?" I asked.

"Until we reach your home." he answered while still gleefully wandering his eyes inside the bus.

"Are the contents really that confidential you don't want me reading it in public?"

"Oh relax, will yah? There's a time and place for everything."

"Tell me then... Is Kyu the only reason why you wanted to come along with me?"

He stared at me first then sighed in defeat, "Alright, alright. You got me." He then looked away. "I actually wanted an advice from you."

"There you go." I patted his head. "Now tell me, it's Jessica, right?"

He chuckled, "You're making it sound like she's the root of all the problems here."

"It's not like that."

He took a breath deeply. "I love her, Fany-yah. I love her so much."

"..."

"I just don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I'm hurting my best friend 'cus I wanted Jessica back." He then looked at me, "Do you think this is right?"

"Fight for your love? Of course, it is. But the thing is, you have to do it the right way, TaeTae."

"..."

"You should fight fair. The way I see now is you're cheating your way to Jessica's heart. You're bypassing Yoong which is wrong. He is Jessica's current boyfriend and at the same time, your best friend."

He smiled bitterly, "You said exactly the same thing Yuri told me."

"So, me and my boyfriend think alike?"

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"But that's not it. Anyone will likely tell you the same thing."

"..."

"I'm not saying you should quit on Jessica. All I want is for you to realize how the truth matters. What are you afraid of? How will Yoong react?"

"..."

"Anyone will likely react negatively on someone stealing his lover's heart. But you should know that it is more hurting if the truth is also being kept away. Much worse, if he'll find it out with someone else, will just add bigger daggers striking his heart."

"I guess you're right."

"No, not guess 'cus I AM right."

He looked at me in astonishment, "You know, that's also exactly the same words Yuri told me before."

"Leave it, Tae. Yuri and I have been living together for a year already. Can't help it if we've adapted each other's beliefs."

"Nah... You and Yuri are really just alike. It's not only in living together. It's more like you and he reflect each other."

"You do analyze our relationship that much, eh?"

"Hmm- I guess it's because I am envious of you two. You never had such problem like mine."

"We may not have but we do have other things, TaeTae. Every relationship out there has its own struggles."

"Yeah..."

 

After that, a long moment of silence seeped in. It must be because of the things I wanted to say to him will just hurt him that's why I'm trying my best keep them to myself. TaeTae's my friend too, anyway.

Alright, to be honest with you, I'm starting to hate him. I'm actually more on Yoong's side in this. I know taking sides between your friends is a real bad thing but trying to steal or even cheat with your best friend's girlfriend is worse, at least for me. But what reason will it be for him on doing this? Is love really that strong enough of a reason in hurting your best friend?

...

It was only a little few minutes when I decided to break the ice. "I'm curious, Tae... when did you realize you're in love with Jessica?" I asked.

"Mmmm-- it was the first day I met her..."

"Huh? It's love at first sight?"

"You can call it that way... but actually, it's like on the first stare."

"How did you two meet?"

"In a blind date."

"Wow. I never thought true love can actually be found in blind dates."

"Me too. But take note, we're not meant to date each other that time."

"Ehh?"

He sent out a chuckle, "We both have different partners that time then all of a sudden, our paths crossed. It's like that moment's something done by the gravitational pull of the earth. It's actually an embarrassing story but let's just leave it like that. Then after, I decided to pursue my luck on her. It turned out she did like me back that night too."

"When you say embarrassing, is it like when you peed?"

"Yah! Cut that out. There are so many people here. And it's totally wasn't like that!"

I giggled, "Sorry."

He then lowered down his voice, "Well, when I was courting her, one time that incident happened too. I felt so ashamed of myself but she rather found me cute. She still accepted me."

"So you were really doing 'that' way back then?"

He scratched the back of his neck and looked away, "Sort of."

"Heehee~ the mighty Taeyeon was such a clumsy guy way back then?"

"Yeah... I'm actually worse than clumsy. I'm more of clumsy, dumb, freaky guy before, not even a single girl takes an interest of me. It was only my Damb-noona that kept on trying to hook me up with girls by arranging blind dates. But then... Jessica." He looked at me, "She accepted me for who I am, with no hesitations at all..."

"I guess she really fell hard on you before."

"Trust me, you will totally ask your best friend why on Earth she fell in love with me. Her ex-boyfriends are thousand times more handsome than me, seriously."

"Don't be like that. And I don't really judge people with just their looks."

"I know that... but you know, for real, you and Jessica are like gifts of the heaven for us. Especially you, you're pretty, funny, cool, and kind-hearted women."

"I don't know if you're just trying to woo me or what but... thanks for the compliment."

"It's indeed a compliment."

 

---

 

After thirty more minutes, Taeyeon and I finally arrived at the apartment and he handed me the slam book immediately after we went off the bus.

"Finally! Thanks for this."

"Just don't be too loud about this, okay? This is only a secret between us. No one in our gang had already read the contents of that book except me and soon, you."

"I see... so it's really top-secret, ehh?"

"Yup. This is only between you and me."

"Thank you so much for this TaeTae."

"I know you badly need it as Yuri's been stressing you lately. I hope that can help."

I began to scan the pages as we walk upstairs. The first pages were Tae's then after his, I noticed some pages were torn off. "Tae, why there are pages missing here?"

"Oh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter