Setting Aside and Giving Way for Her New Love

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

Two days have passed and still, my best friend Jessica is in comatose condition. The doctor said that there's a possibility it will take much longer for her to wake up. With that, I felt even restless more and more. Though Yoong and Taeyeon's reconciliation had my feeling to lighten up, I still couldn't stop myself to get paranoid over my best friend's condition. It's actually getting worse and worse.

"Hey." Hyoyeon snapped as she came, stood beside me in front of the ICU's window glass. "How's she? Any good?"

I sighed, "Still, the same."

"I see... Anyway, where's Yuri?"

"He's out with Yoong and Taeyeon to buy food. Why?"

"Oh. Nothing important. I just want to give him my gift."

"Huh? For what?"

She looked at me in disbelief. Then, she diverted back to Sica, "Nah. It's nothing important."

"Really huh? And aren't you supposed to be giving gifts to Sica instead of Yul?"

"Err-- yeah..."

"Seriously, Hyo, what's wrong with you?"

"Err--"

Suddenly, the three boys came back. "Hey, Yuri!" Hyoyeon greeted.

"Hey, there, Hyo. What's up?"

"Oh. This." She handed him the paper bag she's holding. "Happy birthday."

Happy birthday...

Happy birthday...

Happy birthday...

Happy birthday...

*Continuously-echoes-in-mind*

 

I even forgot my very own boyfriend’s birthday!

Aigoo~~

"Yuri, I-- I'm so sorry. I--"

"Shhh." He placed his indexed finger in front of my lips. "It's okay, I understand."

"But no..." I hugged him and buried my face on his chest. "I'm a bad girlfriend. I'm so sorry."

"No, you're not. It's just that... there are always things that matter more than simple occasions."

I looked at him in disagreement, "You make it sound like I'm really a bad girlfriend."

He brushed my bangs and chuckled, "No, you're not. You are actually the best I had."

"But I am your only girlfriend!"

He chuckled again, "Right. Sorry about that. Anyway, it's all okay to me. We can just celebrate it when Jessica's already awake."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am."

"Thank you. Thank you so much for understanding." I reached for his lips and gave him a kiss.

 

---

 

Later afternoon, after I've gone home to fix everything with Sunkyu, I immediately headed back to the hospital. Yuri, on the other hand, has been going back and forth from his office and here almost every hour. It's a good thing BPE's building is just few blocks away.

As I arrived, I saw Sunny in front of the glass window, staring over Jessica. "Hi." I greeted.

She looked at me then smiled. "Hi."

"Still the same?"

"Unfortunately, her heart rate went down from 60 to 53 just now. But the nurse said it's just normal."

"I see..."

"..."

"So uhhh-, you really don't hate her now?"

"To be honest, I wasn't really mad at her anymore after our fight at school. I mean, during Taengoo and Yoong's fight, I came to realize there's no point for Jessica and I to fight about non-sense things..." She then paused and stared at me for a bit. "Tiffany, I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"For everything. I know I've insulted you a lot whenever you get in between our fights."

"Nah. It's okay. I'm sorry too that I always sided with Jessica. I'm supposed to be the one making you two reconcile."

"Nah... I totally understand I was a total back then."

I chuckled, "You bet yah. I remember when you sneakily pushed Jessica to the chocolate fountain during the prom night. I want to thank you though. Because of that, I snatched the prom queen title from her."

"Yah! You know I just did that 'cus I thought I'll be the prom queen if it wasn't her. I wished I should have pushed you too."

"Oh well, everybody learns from their own lessons." I retorted and we both shared a laugh.

"I will really ask for her apology once she wakes up."

"Then, we can all back to be friends again?"

"Yeah... hopefully, she forgives me."

"She will. Jessica's not that evil, you know."

"I know... If it's otherwise, Taeyeon wouldn't have fallen for her so hard."

"So, you're back together with him?"

"Hmm- no. Taeyeon and I broke up since long ago."

"Really? So what up with that weeks ago?"

"Oh come on. It was all just an act ever since."

"Act?"

"Yeah. I was just helping him with Jessica by still acting as his girl."

"I see... You must've loved him really that much, ehh?"

"Yup. Taeyeon's... a good man. And he's not really the 'ert' type of person. Well, in my work, I always get to bump into such horrible people. But Taeyeon... he's so different."

"Wait, wait. Taeyeon isn't a ert? Seriously?"

"Well, in bed of cou--"

"Okay, okay. That will be too much information."

She giggled, "Let's just say, the first time we met each other he's not because he never mentioned anything about my identity. I thought at first he didn't really watch and that he didn't know I'm a starlet in those films. But, it turned out he knew me after all. He said he doesn't care about my work at all. That's actually the first time a man respected me as a woman."

"He sure is a good guy..."

"Yeah..."

 

Yoong came in the hallway looking like he hasn't really slept until now. "Where have you been?" I asked.

"I just called from President Noh. I asked him for a remedial final exam next year for Jessica and the rest of us. And he agreed."

"Oh thank goodness. That promotional campaign sure did help us."

"Yeah..." He then looked back to Jessica. "It's 44 now."

Sunny then said, "It was 58 earlier."

All of a sudden, Jessica's heartbeat drastically gone down from 44 to 27. Yoong hissed, "Damn. her heartbeat's deteriorating... I'll call the doctor."

Yoong rushed to the nurse's station. Afterwards, lots of nurses came and the Jessica's doctor followed after. We were all not allowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter