More than a Father

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone!

I am deeply sorry for my long absence with no single notice. I somewhat lost motivation in writing for the past few months due to the whirlwind of events that came into my life. It was only now that I found my will to return to this world again. Yes, I'm back, I promise. I hope you guys are still here, eager to see the end of this story.

Anyway, just a reminder, since it's been too long, try to reread starting from Chapter 203 in case you feel like lost on the recent events of the story (Trust me, I was kinda lost too so I reread starting from Chapter 153 XD)

But yeah, please do enjoy the chapter. It's one of my wrap-up-kind-of-chapter though and I sincerely apologize for that. 

 

 

Yuri POV

*Nighttime-22nd-of-November*

"Pops, I need to get out of here. You gotta help me out. I need to stop her wedding with Sooyoung." I told Sir Vincent Jung, my Godfather.

"I... I uhh..."

"Come on, just say yes already!"

"Are you really sure about this? You're gonna escape from here?"

"Yes... I found my reason already. Tiffany and I are gonna have our own family officially. This is it. I know this will be my reason of looking forward to getting out of here. And also, the foundation of the acceptance and forgiveness you kept on telling me to attain."

"..."

"You gotta help me out, pops."

Yet, I got no response from him but a stare, a stare of nothing but sympathy... sadness.

"Pops..."

He then diverted his gazed, "No. You're not going anywhere."

"WHAT?!"

He looked at me and stated as he glared, "You're not going anywhere, Yuri."

"You've got to be freaking kidding me!"

"..."

"Y-you-- You ing told me I should find that other reason, that other ing reason I should look forward to. And now that I found it, all of a sudden, you're disagreeing with me?!"

"After eight years, Yuri." He stood up and went near, "After your sentence here. I didn't ing say you should escape right now!"

"I can't ing wait that long! Tiffany-- Tiffany's bearing our second child! N-now you expect to just wait for eight years before I---"

"Because that's how it should bei!"

"..."

"You should never make rash decisions."

"I'm not making a rash decision here, okay! I--- I thought of this for so long!"

"For so long?!" He snatched the pictures from me. "You only read this minutes ago. Stop fooling around. You are not leaving this prison and that is final."

 

I snatched them back, "Fine! If you will not help me, I will find a way to get out myself! Oh and I'm sure, Tao and Seohyun will help me out. All my subordinates will help me out! I will not be needing any of your help!"

"Fine!" He went to the window and look through. "Do whatever you want. That's your life and not mine, you stubborn, little fool."

"Yeah... I really will."

 

---

 

*Morning,-4th-of-December,-Anseong-Prison-Block-C*

12 days have passed. It's only a day left before Tiffany's wedding.

Immediately after the night of 22nd last month, Tao and I have formulated an escape plan from this place. The very next day, I met Seohyun again to inform her about it. She agreed, however, she insisted we needed a number of decoys for this plan. Since we already anticipated that due to Henry's influence with the police, our plan for escape will not definitely run smoothly. Definitely, we'll be up against a greater task force.

"Yaw boss." my subordinate, Rap Monster said as he went in.

"How's your talk with the other block?"

"It's all good, ma meyn. They all agreed."

"Alright. Thanks, Rap. I'll just be giving the signal later when everything's all set."

"Alright yo." He forwarded his fist. "We can do this. We got the jams, boss!" Then, he left the area.

Now, all that is left is to make one final talk with Tao and Zico for our formulated plan. We have to make sure this will run successfully, you know.

So, what exactly is the plan?

Simple. Riot. The best distraction for the jail guards. Apparently, despite the tolerance of gang wars here inside the prison, the police aren't exactly okay with unscheduled large-scaled riots.

So, let's get with the details. First, Zico and his block will be starting out a big riot against all the other Blocks as we have already negotiated with them. They didn't exactly know about our escape but we just convinced them the riot will only be about the increase of the amount food rationed.

Then, Tao, Wakka, Rap, and I will be escaping via the kitchen's exit. A decoy team will be escaping from the main prison gate and another will be from the lookout tower.

The next will be on our own on how to get out of the police building. The thing is, Seohyun will only be providing us a getaway vehicle outside with a GPS-enabled device already installed with different routes she had formulated. She also mentioned that the rifles she had secured will also be there too.

We have already hidden melee weapons such as knives and iron bars in the kitchen's stock room and luckily, I successfully stolen a handgun from one of the jail guards days ago. Yesterday, Seohyun had hidden two more guns in the sack of sweet potatoes she delivers often inside too. So, I guess we can say, we already have enough to secure our protection as we escape the building.

 

As I got out of Block C and was about to head for the 'suite', police officer Jonghyun, along with other seven policemen, snapped behind me. "Yo, devil Yuri!"

I turned to face him, "Yes?"

"You have a visitor."

Seohyun? I thought she will not be visiting me at the very day of our escape?

 

---

 

*Anseong-Prison-Private-Visiting-Hall*

"What?! But, it will be too late!" I shouted as I slammed my hands on the table.

"No, oppa. Trust me on this." Seohyun assured me.

"If we will escape tomorrow, how am I supposed to stop her wedding, huh?!"

"It will be better if we postpone it, okay."

"Alright. I do get your point. The police force will be lessened since Henry will be hiring the whole freaking police population to guard the wedding but, didn't it ever cross your mind that he will heighten the security of this prison too?"

"Think about it. Uncle Henry had already foreseen you escaping from this place. The security's already been heightened ever since you came here. So, the thing is, if we will commence the plan exactly by the time Uncle Henry will be distracted by the wedding, we have greater chances of you guys escaping safely."

"As if his hired killers will already stop on spying on me for that day."

"Killers?"

"Yeah. His gunmen will still definitely be outside, waiting to blast my head."

"You don't need to worry on that. This place and its vicinity is actually under Anseong Prison security. What you need to worry is just the police which is a constant factor in our plan whatever day we want to commence it. The thing is, we can avoid all the other matters after you leave Anseong like those gunmen you are worried of.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter