The Commencement of the Long-Awaited Connivance

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

*Night-27th-of-September*

I ran away. For some unknown reason, I escaped from the guards Hara called out.

I know it's a bad move as they will really pinpoint me as the criminal for this action. But, I don't know anymore... I just don't want to be renounced as the criminal.

It was like a game of life and death. I barely escaped from the building. I didn't bother to take my car with me. I have to run away from the place as discreetly as possible.

However, as I got out of the building, police cars were already surrounding the whole place. I immediately hid behind one entrance's pillar.

. It's another damn hell of escape plan again.

"Hey, over here." A hooded girl wearing large shades and a face mask snapped from the side alley. "Follow me."

"Who are you?"

"Stop with the questions, please, oppa. See, I'm helping you escape from here."

Without any more confrontations, I followed her. After we got behind the dumpster, she handed me a big hooded coat, wig, and other kinds of disguise. I immediately put them on.

"From here. Go to the left and then take the rightmost alley. I already prepared a motorcycle there for you." She then handed me a key. "Here."

"Thank you so much but... may I at least know who you are?"

"I'm just someone returning a favor..."

"Huh?"

"Please, oppa. Go! Stop wasting time!"

"Right. Thank you. Thank you so much again."

I ran as fast as I could and she was right, there was indeed a motorcycle waiting for me. It's a good thing Sooyoung taught me how to ride this thing long ago or else I might already be abducted now.

 

---

 

I immediately headed to our residence. However, there were already police manning the vicinity too.

Damn it. How will I be able to get Sunkyu out of there?

I waited for another hour. Still, it seems the police are really eager to guard the place for the whole night.

*Sigh*. It's now or never.

I climbed the wall from the garden. Luckily enough, the police officer assigned to the place was not looking when I finally got in. Stealthily, I moved behind the trees from one to another.

Finally, I arrived in front of Sunkyu's room. Now, the only problem is how I will be able to climb to the balcony...

Right. The tree.

After a while of climbing, I settled on one branch of the tree. Luckily enough, Sunkyu was about to go out to the balcony. He settled on the rail, resting both his forearms while sighing loudly.

"Sunkyu." I whispered yet, it seems he didn't hear me.

"Sunkyu." I called again and with that, I successfully caught his attention.

He wandered his eyes around and finally saw me, "Appa!"

"Shhh. Don't shout."

He then repeated in whisper, "Appa, what are you doing there?"

"Hurry and just jump here. We need to escape."

"Huh? But why?"

"It's... It's an emergency. Come on."

"Oh okay."

After he jumped safely, we climbed down the tree. I carried him on my back as I stealthily escaped the garden. I immediately drove the motorcycle away.

"Appa, what happened?"

"Dad's hurt, stabbed on his abdomen and became unconscious due to his bleeding bump on the head."

"Huh? But then, why are we running away?"

"Because they're blaming me for it."

"And you didn't really do it, right?"

"Yes."

"Why run away then? You are innocent."

"No Kyu, dad and I already sensed betrayal even from back then. This is the frame-up they've planning on me all along. I just didn't expect they will go too far by killing him too." And by thinking of that moment again, had me into tears. I even made my dad's life at risk too. I just hope he'll be okay.

 

Few minutes of driving, unfortunately, police cars started to tail us. "Appa, they're here!"

Damn it. How did they track me?

. It must be my phone. Rashly, I threw it away and drove the motorcycle faster. Yet, luck could not still find me as the police cars caught up on my speed.

It was then when I the street to the right, we were finally cornered. Three police cars already barricaded the area.

"THIS IS THE POLICE!" a policeman shouted from his megaphone. "SURRENDER NOW, KWON YURI. WE HAVE YOU ALREADY SURROUNDED."

"Appa. What are we gonna do?"

I climbed down of the motor and assisted Kyu down too. He then quickly hugged me on the waist tightly. I raised both my hands up and started to walk towards the police. "I surrender."

"Appa, no!" Sunkyu shouted as he gripped tight on me.

"We have no choice, Kyu." I whispered at him.

The police started to come near us and hand-cuffed me. "No! Don't take my appa away, please!" he cried.

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of Mr. Siwon Goo. We order you to come with us. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter