When the Plans are All Laid Out

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yup, Sehun's the wolf. For some of his hidden identity references, refer to (click-click-click!) Chapters 257 and 272. If you try to reread the chaps long ago with his appearance: 167, 169, 181, 199, and 202, you won't get much, though. That's cus he's a damn awesome wolf >;). Nonetheless, his character description's in the foreword, to begin with. lols. ;)   Anyways, This chapter's a little light compared to the past few chaps. Enjoy! ^.^     ps. I have included at the very end of this chapter a very much spoiler poll. Though, it does not hint anything on what's gonna happen in the next chapter or even the future. It's mostly for survey purposes.  lols  

 

Yuri POV

*May-15-2017-Choi-Medical-Center*

My fingers are itching to poke your two annoyingly large eyes, you, ing .

...

Arrghhh--- I really want to kill you now, really.

...

Pfft. Do you think with you as my half-brother, you can just easily get away from what you did? Ha! You're wrong, er. That even infuriates me more!

"Uhhmmm... Yuri?" Jessica snapped.

Yes, I am really ing too eager to kill you now. Yes, yes, right in front of your beloved Jessica.

She continued, "Are we just going to stay here, huh? Look. If you enjoy staring a lot on Yoong then do it on your own." She tried to remove my hold of her wrist. "Freaking let me go, I want to get inside Kyu's room!"

"Stay." I commanded.

"How many more minutes?!" she shouted in complete annoyance.

Yoong, the ing bastard of my father, stared at me in so much confusion, "Err- uhhmmm-- hyung? If you want to come inside, then, feel free to do so. Or, do you want me to accompany you there?"

You, out of all people, you freaking tried to kill my own son?! You, ing , arrghh--- I will surely deliver you dead to the morgue of this hospital.

"Oh. I know what this is about." Jessica snapped in a somewhat bored tone. "Yuri, just freaking ask him why he did it. Confront him why. And please---" She struggled again from my grip. "ing let go of my hand!" She successfully got away. Then, she stomped her way to Sunkyu's confinement room while groaning loudly. She even shut its door loudly after she got inside.

I grabbed Yoong from his collar and continued to shoot him a dark glare, "You, moron. Why on Earth did you even settle to almost killing my son just to get what you want, huh?!"

He sighed loudly, "Look, hyung. Just let it go. I will never do any harm to Sunkyu, okay. He's like my real son already. See? It worked, anyway."

"What if our situation's reversed?! What will you ing do if I try to kill your son just to snap Jessica out from the darkness?!"

He chuckled. Then, quickly, he tried to contain his laugh. "Sorry. I just find it funny."

"What's ing funny with what I said?!"

"Jessica-noona will never come out from the darkness. That's her thing. Good thing, she's already tired of wearing Gothic make-ups, though."

"You're not getting my point, you, ing idiot!"

He sighed loudly again, "Alright, hyung, I'm sorry. But, we just had no choice. I think Miss Elise already told you why, anyway." He removed my hands from him. "You can hate me all you want. I won't mind, really."

"Tell me."

"What?"

"Why? What's going on with Stephanie? Why everyone's hiding what's really going on with her?"

"Hyung, how about this...? If your situation's reversed, this time, you are in Tiffany's shoes, she died in a horrible car accident when you're just about to see her, to reunite with her after so many months of longing. Don't you think you'll suffer from the same traumatic experience too? Even if you say, yeah, years after, she comes back... I bet the paranoia will still haunt you in your dreams even if she's still alive after all."

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but, I experienced the same thing too. I thought my mother was dead. Then, it turned out she's alive after all. Are you now getting my ing point here?"

He looked at me, now as if irritated, "That ing Sehun poisoned her mind. Happy?"

"..."

"Whatever the reason maybe, hyung... Psychological torture will freaking haunt anyone's mind forever. Even with the shallowest situation, a ing psychopath can increase the intensity of the pain. That's how their methods work. They manipulate you from inside your head until you want to kill yourself. I bet you already researched about that, right?"

"..."

"So, did I already satisfy your doubts, hyung?"

"..."

"Alright. I think that just means, we're all clear, right? Stop being paranoid. Let's get inside."

I sighed in defeat, "Fine."

 

Tao, Jessica, and Stephanie are the only visitors inside. I think, Stephanie's parents already left a few hours ago. It's a good thing they're not here since, uhhmm, you know, Miss Elizabeth hates me.

I think you're wondering why even after Miss Elise already talked to me quite a few times already for me to stop on meddling with Stephanie and Sunkyu's lives, I am still here. Well... Sunkyu's confined in the hospital. It's not like I can just ignore him completely. And, like I said before, I can never let this go easily. Maybe, until I get a straightforward answer from Stephanie.

Apparently, Stephanie's seated beside Sunkyu with the latter hugging her on her waist. Jessica, on the other hand, was seated on the free chair at the bedside peeling apples for Kyu. Tao was just taking a nap on the couch at the far end of the room.

"Umma, please sing me another song." Sunkyu said while hugging his mother sweetly.

Stephanie giggled, "Didn't I just finish one earlier?"

"But, I want to hear your voice more. Come on. Please. Please." He hugged her tighter and showed his aegyo to her.

Stephanie and Jessica chuckled. The latter snapped, "Gee. Kyu. I didn't know you still act like a baby."

Sunkyu pouted as he responded to her, "Second-umma, I'm still my umma's baby, okay."

Stephanie smiled and pinched both Sunkyu's cheeks. "My one and only baby~"

Jessica chuckled, "What a cute fifteen-year-old baby~" She then picked up a sliced apple. "Say aaahhh~" she snapped and began to stuff food on Kyu's mouth.

Yoong then butted as he went near, "So, is that why you don't like us calling you 'kid' because you preferred to be called baby Sunkyu?"

"Shut up, appa." he snapped. Then, he felt a little awkward from what he said as soon as he noticed my presence. He immediately resent, "I mean, human-appa."

I chuckled, "So, you're still into calling me a zombie, huh?"

"Well, aren't you?" Jessica snapped in instead and garnered chuckles with everyone else in the room.

I redirected the conversation. "Anyway, I got something for you." Sunkyu broke away from his mom. I placed the gift box I was holding on his lap. "My gift."

"B-but, you already gave me a gift." Then, he looked away and frowned. "Yet, it was gone, though..."

"..."

"I'm sorry, zombie-appa. I somehow handed Sehun-hyung the key so he easily took away the car you gave me. I couldn't believe he'll even use it for his escape..."

I messed his hair. "It's okay, kid-- I mean, baby Kyu, it's just a car."

Yoong butted, "So, a limited-edition BMW i8 Protonic Frozen Black was 'just a car' for you, huh?"

Jessica retorted, "Give Yul a break. He's a freaking owner of a gigantic conglomerate."

"Yeah..." He sighed loudly. Then, he reached for Kyu's hand. "I'm sorry if your human-appa's not as rich as your zombie-appa. You see... I'm just a mere employee of your mother."

Stephanie then complained, "Yah! You're making it sound like I'm not paying you well."

"Yes, the pay's good, my honey love so sweet. But, I'm not an owner, okay. He got like a hundred percent ownership of SKY."

"You own five-percent of HGC, Yoon-Yoon!"

"Yeah, but not a major shareholder!"

"You're gonna freaking marry the shareholder who owns sixty-seven percent of the company, idiot."

"And even with no prenuptial agreement?" Jessica snapped. "You're one lucky guy."

"Why? Did hyung want a prenup with you first?"

"Oh. There's no need for that. My future mother-in-law loves me so much, anyway. She doesn't mind me taking half of the ownership of the Kwons."

I butted in, "Yup. She's right. Though, I don't exactly own SKY hundred percent. It's just sixty-five. And will get to decrease by half too since I'm gonna give my brother the half of it."

He looked at me in confusion, "Ehh? Wasn't it almost all your mother's wealth that she used to establish sky? Your mother supposed to have the last word on the inheritance."

"Hey, it's no big deal. It's actually what my father had written in his last will and my mother just wanted to honor his last request."

"Ahh, I see..." Then, he looked at me mischievously. "So, is your brother somewhat a zombie too? Does he possess the same nature?" He asked which earned chuckles from everyone else.

I glared at him, "Oh. Probably. You know we can try to figure it out. I can just snap his neck right now. Right in this very room. He's kind of pissing me off ever since I arrived here, anyway."

His eyes narrowed as he continued to stare at me. Then, he asked, "So, your half-brother's a ghost or something?"

Jessica laughed loudly then face-palmed herself. "Gosh. What a blockhead."

Tao then suddenly got up from the couch. "Now, that was a nice nap!" he said cheerfully as he stretched out his arms. Then, he went closer to us. "I think Imma need some coffee. Do you guys want some drinks?"

Steph answered, "No caffeine for me and no lactose for Kyu, okay? The foreign substance might react with milk inside my baby's body."

"Alright." He looked at me, "You, hyung?"

"Peppermint mocha frappe."

"Oh. Your 'favorite', am I right?" he said and winked at me. Yoong was about to tell him his order but he immediately cut him out. "Yoong-hyung, why don't you help me out from carrying the drinks?"

"Err-- uhmm sure."

Tao looked at Sica. "How about you, noona?"

"Uhhmm-- I think I'm just gonna pick by myself from the menu at the cafe."

"Oh. Actually, I thought of that too. Knowing Pops Vincent, you're probably hard to please too. You better just pick for yourself." And they both shared chuckles. He redirected to us as the three of them headed out, "Laters!" Then, he covered his face from his older sister as he mouthed to me, 'Go get her'. I just chuckled in return.

As they left, I got a message from an unknown number which successfully put a smile on my face,

            My loyalty remains with you, bro. -Tao

Sunkyu incidentally saw the message too. I quickly took my phone away and we happened to just stare at each other for a bit. Afterwards, he looked away and became uneasy.

"So, uhhmm, what's the gift this time?" Stephanie said, breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"Oh. Yes, yes." I redirected to Kyu. "Come on. Open it."

"You know, you don't have to bring me a gift anymore. It just so happens your first gift got stolen. That doesn't mean you have to replace it with another." he said.

"But, I still want to give you one. But, don't worry, though. I'm trying my best to retrieve the car from your fake uncle. I'll definitely get him behind bars and eventually be garroted too."

"T-thanks, zombie-appa." he said shyly. Then, he chuckled, "But, yeah, I'm looking forward to his garroting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter