The Devil, The Vanquisher, and The Chair

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hi guys... sorry I kept you waiting. I've been busy with work, personal life and stuff that I couldn't write so much nowadays. I think I'll be back on track soon. Once I'm done with this specific chapter I'm currently writing. It's just so so so hard to resist procrastination. Hehehe. Anyways, please do enjoy this one. RIP Jonghyun

 

Yuri POV

After Rap and I failed to chase after Taeyeon, I headed directly to the Hwang Manor instead of meeting up with Sooyoung. I'll just postpone our talk for tomorrow. It was already a ing stressful and frustrating day for me. I think I need to clear up my mind first before taking this matter up to the next step.

I immediately went to Tiffany's room. As soon as she saw me, she greeted, "Hello, hubby. Welcome home." She sat up on the bed.

"Hello, wifey." I went and sat beside her. I kissed her lips. "How are you feeling?"

"I think I'm a little bit fine now." Then, she looked at me in confusion, "Now, what's with you? Why do you look so stressed?"

"That's why I'm here, you know..." I wrapped my arms around her waist. "I need a glimpse of your beautiful and angelic face." I kissed her cheek. "And, you know what? It sure is effective. I'm feeling better now."

She giggled and slapped my arm lightly. "Silly." Then, she looked at me intently. "But, really, why are you stressed?"

"Well..." I sighed deeply as I pulled away. "Because of problems with friends?"

She chuckled, "Now, which friend of ours is bothering you, huh? Do you want me to cut his or for you?"

I chuckled and brushed my fingers on her bangs. "No need, my wifey."

"So, who's bothering you?"

"Jessica and Taeyeon."

"Hmm. Are they irking you because of their silly suppressed romance for each other?"

"Nope. Not that. It's actually so far from that."

"Then, what?"

"Do you now remember who attacked you?"

"Well... I'm starting to remember what happened that day except for the very incident of the attack, though."

"Hmm. How about if you try to remember the suspect with Taeyeon's face. Would that work?"

She stared at me first. Then, her eyes widened in horror, "Taeyeon was the one who attacked me?!"

"I found some clues... but it's only you and Uncle Vincent who can clarify if my hunch is real, though."

She closed her eyes then buried her face in her palms. "Damn, this is so ty..."

"..."

"Why did Taeyeon do it...?"  She held her head on the sides then started to think thoroughly. "What happened...? What happened that time...?"

"You don't have to push yourself so hard to remember, Fany-yah. Just take it easy."

"..."

"..."

"Revenge."

"Revenge?"

She looked at me, "He said he's doing it for revenge. I remember now. I went to that room and found him attacking Uncle Vincent. Then, I asked him why he was acting like that, then he said it was for revenge."

"I see..."

"Aisshh!" She laid down on the bed and groaned, "But, revenge for what?!" She continuously hit her head with her fists.

I stopped her from doing so. "Relax, Fany-yah."

"Revenge for what, Yuri? Did Uncle Vincent and I do anything wrong to him that's why he hurt us?"

"Probably, Uncle Vincent found out about his secret so he assaulted him. Then, maybe because you saw his crime, he decided to put you in silence too."

Then, she looked at me in worriment, "So, Taeyeon's one of our enemies now?"

"..."

"It's impossible that it's all because of revenge for whatever it is. There must be something else. He'll never betray us all just because of that. He'll never betray you three best friends of his. He even told Sooyoung weeks ago how much you guys are so special to him."

"..."

"Then... Jessica... You said she's been stressing you out too, right? Why?"

I sighed deeply, "Can we uhhm... just forget about those two tonight?" I caressed her cheek, "I wanna clear my mind from the stress. Care to help me out?"

She smiled warmly at me. Then, she reached for my cheek and caressed it too. "Alright."


---


*October-19-2017-Choi-Medical-Center*

The next day, I decided to have a little meeting with Sooyoung and Yoong at the latter's confinement room.

"Where's Jessica?" Sooyoung asked as he and I entered the room.

Yoong sat up and answered, "She said she needs to drop by at the office for some paperwork."

We settled on the couch near his bed. "What time will she be back?" I asked.

"Not time but, day..." He sighed, "Weekend. Probably, Sunday."

"She's going to take that long at the office? It's only Thursday today."

He sighed deeply, "Yeah… she said it's a really long and difficult work."

Sooyoung then asked, "Anyway, why did you want to talk to us, Yul?"

"Well... I gotta tell you guys about two things."

"What is it?" they both asked.

"Jessica… I have a feeling that trip of hers at the office is somewhere else."

Yoong looked away and responded, "Yeah... I kinda had a clue about that during our talk..."

"And I know exactly what she's gonna do... She told me directly about it..." They both looked at me. I continued, "She's after Tiffany's father."

Yoong and Sooyoung looked at me in confusion. The former uttered, "Huh? But, why?"

"She said she already found out before that it was Uncle Jaejoong who ordered the assassination of her mother. She forgave him at first but then, she found evidence pinpointing Uncle of what happened to you too. Voice recordings. I am certain it was Uncle Jae's voice."

Soo then asked, "But, why would the Hwang Tycoon want Jessica's mother to be dead?"

"All she said was Uncle Jae will do whatever it takes just to hide all of his doings completely, including silencing everyone who was aware.

Yoong asked too, "B-but why would Uncle Jae try to kill me?"

"Probably, it's about his 'grudge' over us Kwons."

"But, where did Jessica get those evidence? They're probably fabricated. We already talked to him and he sounded so sincere that time. Now, this?"

"I had the same thing in mind too. They're probably fake."

Soo butted, "But, what if she was right…?"

I chuckled bitterly, "Then, we all got played…"

Soo hissed under his breath, "Damn it... this is too mind-boggling."

"And doesn't make sense." Yoong added. "I do not believe Uncle Jae will try to kill me. He's been a..." he looked away."...a good father to me."

"..."

"He took me under his wing... He made me feel like as if I'm his son."

I uttered, "That's why I'm planning to get to him first before Jessica does. We have to find out which is the real truth."

"So, that's our first task?" Soo snapped. "Jessica and Uncle Jaejoong's conflict first then, Siwon?"

"No... We need to hunt another person."

"Who?" they both asked.

"Taeyeon."

"Why? What's about Taeyeon-hyung?" Yoong asked back.

I looked away. "He betrayed us."

"Huh?"

"Taeyeon was the one who attacked Tiffany and Uncle Vincent."

Yoong sighed, "I... I don't know what to say..."

Soo groaned loudly, "Damn it… This is unbelievable!" He stood up and started walking back and forth as if calming himself down. "Aiiishhh! How could that midget do this to us?!" He rubbed his face frantically. "Damn it. ing damn it!" He looked at me. "Please tell me a logical explanation why he did this. Why did he ing betray our friendship?!"

"Tiffany already remembered her conversation with him. He told her it was all for revenge. Revenge... I don't know what or who it is for... but, I'm guessing it's revenge for his late father and brother." I sighed deeply. "And, probably, he's also the reason why our security have always been breached."

Yoong responded, "So, you're saying, he's the one who let those hitmen get in the cemetery too?"

"Maybe..."

"But..." Soo uttered while looking away. "...he told me just recently that he treats and sees us three far more than brothers compared to his relationship with his real brother... Hyoyeon told me he even despised his father after he found out about his secret assassin life."

"..."

"Could they really be his reason, Yuri?"

"Do you know another reason for him to do those things?"

Then, he scoffed, "Man. How could you be so calm about this? You act and speak like he was not your friend. Remember, you were his very first friend out of us three. For almost thirteen years, Yuri. Thirteen years."

I looked away. "He tried to stab me, Sooyoung."

"But, Yoong tried to shot you years ago too, you know..."

I sighed deeply, "Still, he hurt my family... even tried to kill them..."

"..."

"Once I'll get his real reason why he did all these... Once he explains everything to me... I will let go of everything that happened. I'll shrug those all off."

I looked at them, "But, you both have to accept it. Taeyeon ing betrayed us."

Soo sat beside me again. He sighed deeply afterwards. "So, he's now included in our target list?"

"Yeah..."

"..."

Yoong sighed deeply, "Well… I guess that's it… We're down to hunting three persons. Jessica, Uncle Jae, and Taeyeon"

"Four. Siwon Goo's still on the loose."

"Yeah. Damn that old geezer…" Then, he asked, "And where, when and how are we gonna start? We got zero percent clue?"

I declared, "You're not going to be involved in the search, Yoong."

"But, hyung!"

"Look at you. Do you think you can protect yourself with that condition? I doubt if you can even run."

"But..." He pouted and looked away. "I want to be on this mission too."

"Aha!" Sooyoung suddenly shouted while pointing an index finger up in the air. He stood up and placed his hands on the sides of his waist. "Mission! This is gonna be our Mission Number 1,453-classified!"

I chuckled, "Soo, this isn't a game. You can't just fool around make this seem to be just a joke."

He ignored my utter and narrowed his eyes while exchanging his gaze at me and Yoong, "We're going to embark on a very dangerous and long mission. We need to cover up our asses."

"Huh?" Yoong and I uttered in so much confusion.

"We need aliases, idiots."

"Aliases?!" we both repeated in disbelief.

"Yes. You, Yuri. Got any alias in mind?"

"Err--- maybe uhhmm..."

Yoong suddenly butted and chuckled, "How about lover boy?"

I glared at him, "Shut the up."

Sooyoung laughed loudly, "The enemies will not take him seriously on that nickname, dude."

Yoong snapped again, "How about the prince? Or the hero?" And yup, he and Soo laughed hysterically again.

"Idiots! Stop messing with how Tiffany calls me!" I sighed deeply. "I already thought of an alias."

"What is it then?"  Soo asked.

"The Devil. That's how I've been called back when I was in Anseong Prison."

"Oooh. Cool." Soo then mocked, "The Devil." He chuckled darkly. "You'll be the demon that will up their ty lives."

I chuckled, "I'm not gonna up Jessica's life, okay. Well, I already did but-- aishh never mind."

Soo then redirected, "So, how about Yoong...? Hmmmm. Lemme think..." He rubbed his chin animatedly.  "Aha! Light bulb!" He smirked at my brother. "The Bed."

Yoong shouted as he glared at the former, "What the ?! The bed?! Why?!"

"Well, throughout the whole mission, you're just gonna be on the bed, man."

"Yah! I won't just be on the bed! You know I can just be inside the car too while I wait for you guys!"

"No." I said. "You cannot come with us."

"Hyung, I'm not a kid for you to treat me like one!"

"I'm not treating you like a kid! You are ing wounded, Yoong! And I won't let your life be in any more danger!"

"Aisshhh… You are so unfair!"

"I am not being unfair. If you didn't ing got shot, you're my first choice to be with on this mission, anyway."

"Yah!" Soo shouted in a complaint. "How could you say that right in front of me, Devil?!"

"Just freaking admit Yoong's better than you. He's smarter. Admit that."

"Aisshhh. Fine."

"Smarter, yes!" Yoong shouted excitedly. "I'll be your eye in the sky, hyung. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter