Conclusions, Declarations, and Hypothetical Assumptions

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The double update that was promised. enjoy ;)

 

Tiffany POV

"No. I missed you more."

"No. I missed you more, Tiff."

"No, Jess. I missed you more."

"I missed you more that I couldn't even sleep nor eat."

"I missed you more that my nightmares became worse like hell."

"Yah. That was not really my fault."

"Yeah, you may not be the root cause but you worsened it."

"You think you’re the only one who has it? I got nightmares now because of you. So, I missed you more."

"You're just bluffing."

"I am not. I really do miss you more."

"No, I---"

"Don't tell me you're both gonna fight for that too?" Yoong suddenly butted again. Apparently, he's standing a little nearer than the others with his hands crossed. "Are you two gonna ruin your friendship again over who missed each other more?"

We both glared at him. "Go away, jerk." Jessica said.

"Yeah, go away and leave us alone." I seconded.

He ignored us and looked at his watch. "Wrap this up already. It's getting late."

"Then, just go home!" Jessica shouted in so much annoyance.

"So, are you two finally reconciled for good?" he asked.

"Yes!" we both shouted.

"Great!" He smiled in relief. He redirected to the others. "Alright! We can all go home now!"

"Whew! Finally!" Hyoyeon shouted gleefully. She then started to drag Sooyoung out. "Bye, everyone!"

"Bye, guys!" Sooyoung bid too and they both left for Soo's car.

Sunny snapped at us, "I'll give you two the rest of the day to catch up. Tomorrow, the four of us besties will go shopping, okay!" She then skipped her way out. "Bye, see you tomorrow, girls!"

Yuri and Taeyeon went to stand beside Yoong. Yuri then asked, "So, is it all done?" he asked, still sounding cold.

We both avoided his gaze and answered, "Yes..."

"Great. I'll be heading now, then. Jessica, I'll just replace your phone." He started to walk away. I took a glimpse of him. His face was still different. The usual jolly him faded away. Instead, it felt like something's really bothering him. It's like, he's dealing with something horrible right now. Probably the problem he mentioned was the reason behind it. But, what could it be...?

"What's going on with hyung?" Yoong asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon sighed deeply, "I don't know... He's been like that for a week, though."

Jessica corrected, "It was actually ever since he came back home last Saturday. He was so much okay when we went to the mall."

"Didn't he say anything about his problem?" I asked. "Did you try to ask him?"

Jessica shook her head, "No..."

"It could be because of that girl who hit on him that day." Taeyeon butted. We both glared at him. Then, he chuckled nervously, "W-well, that was the only thing unusual happened that day." He scratched the back of his head and whistled innocently.

"Someone hit on hyung?" Yoong asked.

"Yup. She mentioned they shared some steamy nights in Taiwan a few years ago." Tae answered. "She was a really hot girl, I tell you."

"Aiishh-- you should have taken a picture of her."

"What?! I could be branded as a ert with that action, you know!"

"She's not that pretty, okay!" Jessica shouted.

Yoong chuckled, "I don't wanna see if she's pretty or not. I just wanna how the girls Yuri-hyung had a one-night-stand with look like." Then, he rubbed his chin playfully, "Yuri-hyung's so picky when it comes to choosing his subjects. Jessica, do you remember that time when we went clubbing? He's tooooo choosy."

Tae snapped, "Well, just so you know, Yoong. He always choose girls with pretty eyes and smiles. More like possessing angelic aura-something. Like a cute and y vibe combined. Though, that woman... Hmm... I’m not so sure... But, most of the girls I’ve seen sure fitted the description."

"Oh. Lots of girls have pretty eyes and smile, though."

"But, you're pretty much aware what exactly."

"Oh."

And they both looked at me.

I sighed loudly, "Just leave us, Yoong, Tae."

"We'll just be there on the bench to wait for you both." Yoong responded.

"You don't need to wait for us."

"I need to wait for you or else, your younger brother will kill me if I didn't."

Tae snapped in, "I am tasked to guard you too, Sica. Yuri ordered me."

I , "Just freaking admit that you're still gonna wait for Jess even without Yuri's order."

"Shut up, Tiff." he said and glared at me. Then, they both headed for the bench they were referring earlier.

I asked her, "So, you're still living together with Yuri?"

"Oh... About that..." She chuckled. "Actually, Yuri's a very weird kind of an ex-boyfriend."

"Hmmm... I can't vouch for the same since I only have three boyfriends in life and they're all unique."

She laughed, "Yes, yes, Yoong and Soo are somewhat different but, Yuri's really, really weirder. He broke up with me then still asked me to live with him at our condo unit. He even insists on treating me food."

"Wow. So, he really does have a habit of keeping his ex-girlfriends under his roof?" I chuckled. "I remember back then on our first break up, he offered the same thing. He still wanted me to stay at home while I'll be dating his best friend. Like, heck, seriously?"

"I know right! He's expecting me to get back together with Yoong while I'm still living together with him!" She sighed loudly, "What a very insensitive jerk."

"Right. That's the very right word for him."

"He's a jerk..." She then smiled faintly as she stared at the river. "But, he's a really great guy."

...

"Maybe, that's why I fell for him."

"Did you really... fall in love with him...?"

She looked at me and smiled again faintly, "Yeah, I guess so..." She then sighed deeply as she stared back at the river. "I was not really sure if it was love, but, I was really looking forward to my future with him. Yeah, like you mentioned before, it looked somewhat rushed for the both of us but... during the time when I parted with you guys and I didn't have a clue he was still alive, I was actually... dreaming of the alternate world... that... if you and Yoong were really meant to be, then, Yuri's alive as well... maybe... maybe we would have been happy together too..."

...

She chuckled bitterly, "It's almost perfect, though, I ruined it afterwards."

...

"I gambled with my feelings. I thought seeing Yoong again will make me feel ascertained that I'm ready to forget about him and move on to Yuri... Yuri might have thought the same thing too." She looked at me, "Maybe that's why he decided to tie-up with your company. To make sure of his feelings as well..."

...

"You were right... It would have been perfect if Yuri and I didn't come back here in the first place..."

"No... I was wrong..."

"Huh?"

"It is now perfect." I smiled at her. "You and Yoong now have another chance to restart your relationship."

She chuckled bitterly, "No. No. Yoong wouldn't be stupid enough to come back to me."

"He'll be more stupid if he won't."

She sighed, "I wouldn't get my hopes up, though."

"Oh, come on... Wasn't your cheating with him enough of a proof that he still wants you?"

She chuckled again, "Silly. Stop talking about that horrible stupidity of mine like it's just casual to you."

"Hey, there's nothing wrong talking about such now. I mean, we're no longer together with them."

"Yeah, but still, it's awkward."

"Yeah, whatever. But, Jess, why don't you try to persuade him instead?"

"Like seduce him or something?"

"Yeah, something like that. Whatever's effective."

"Nah, I don't think it'll work on him."

"You won't know unless you try."

"I already tried, okay. I asked him, I actually begged him for another chance... He turned me down."

"Well... Just a heads up... Yoong has been too eager on courting you back then. He always asked you out then you always turned him down every single time. He never really surrendered that easy. Now, with just one attempt you did, you're already surrendering?"

"Yah. Stop making me feel guilty, okay." She sighed again, "But, yeah, I guess I'll try one last time. If he will still turn me down then, I quit."

"Good."

"But... Are you really okay with this? I mean..."

"Come on, Jess. Trust me, it's all okay. Yoong and I didn't really end up on bad terms, you know."

"Wouldn't it be weird with other people? The media sure loves stalking you since you're the new Hwang tycoon."

"Oh. That'll be the only problem, then. Just make sure you won't get media attention from dating him."

"Hmmm... Maybe, I'll just stay single for a while."

"Don't be stupid. Who cares on what people will say?" I reached for her hand. "Sica, you and Yoong deserve to be happy. You don't have to deprive yourself of happiness."

"But, you know I still got lots under my sleeves right now. I can't and I don't have the right to be happy right now. I have to clear everything up first."

"Yeah, right. You dated Yuri while having those problems under your wing but you can't do the same on Yoong? No wonder Yoong turned you down."

"Yah."

I chuckled, "What? Am I wrong?"

She pouted and looked away.

"You could share your personal problems with Yuri but not with Yoong... really... why?"

"I don't want him to stress out because of me..."

"He's more stress out because you keep on closing your heart for him."

She stared at me for a moment. Then, she asked, "Do you think he'll still accept me?"

"Of course, he will. He'll be stupid if he doesn't."

"So, how about you? What are you planning?"

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you gonna get back together with Yul?"

"I don't think we should be. I already have enough of the heartaches."

"Don't you want to take a risk again? What if there's no more heartache this time?"

I chuckled, "Do you think that's even possible? I bet if Yuri and I will try to get back together again, definitely, another chaos will happen."

"What will happen? Can you cite a possible situation?"

"I don't know... Maybe he'll die again? Maybe somebody will die again?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter