Establishing Off-Limits and Breakpoints

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany POV

"Fany-yah? Still there?" Yuri asked from the other line.

"Huh? Yes, yes. Of course."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... So uhhmm- how was he?"

"He's okay. I say, he's kind of friendly too. And he told me he misses you a lot."

"Really? He told you that?"

"Yeah, he did. And apparently, he didn't know we know each other."

"Yuri, my boy! Aren't you done yet?!" a man shouted in the background.

"I'm almost done, dad!" he responded.

Dad?!

"Was that Mr. Goo?"

"Yeah..."

"Did you just call him-- dad???"

"It's a long story, Fany-yah. I'll tell you about it later. I got to go now, though. That old man will definitely have his tantrums again if I won't comply to what he wants soon."

"Okay, promise me you'll take care of yourself there."

"Yes, I will. You there too. I love you so much."

"I love you so much too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I am supposed to be relieved. Yet, I became worried even more. Yuri is there together with my father. I know I may be thinking too much but that dream of mine... I felt like it's so real, like it really happened. I have to find out the truth about Mr. Goo and his sudden proposal to Yuri. Especially now, it seemed he has already fallen to his trap. I have to find out if it's really my father that's behind all of this.

 

---

 

As I climbed down the stairs, I heard Hyoyeon conversing with someone else in the kitchen. I took a peek and found out it was Yoong. I hid myself behind the wall.

"You shouldn't have done that. That's over the line." she said, sounding a little mad.

"I'm not doing anything wrong, noona. You're the only one thinking such an absurd thing." he answered.

"Well, it's because I'm the only one who've seen it. If someone else is in my shoes, he'll likely assume of the same thing."

"Then, stop assuming things. Gee, noona. You're making it sound like I'm the bad guy here when I just helped her."

Hmmm. I wonder what they are talking about...

I came out from where I'm hiding. "Hi guys. What's up?" I innocently asked.

"Noona--" Yoong said in a tone of surprise while Hyoyeon looked at me first then redirected her gaze away.

"So what are you guys talking about?"

"It's ab--"

"It's nothing." she said, cutting the former out.

I was about to dissent when Sooyoung suddenly barged inside, yelling my name. "Tiffany! Tiffany!" Then, he finally saw me. "There you are!" He immediately ran his way towards me and hugged me tight, as in really tight.

"S-Sooyoung, let me go. I can't breathe."

He complied then chuckled, "Sorry, I was just really worried about you. Hyoyeon told me about you getting sooooo drunk."

"Oh really, huh?" I asked sarcastically.

"Of course! It just so happens the kids didn't let me go earlier so I couldn't be right by your side right away. I only escaped from them now and I'm so sorry for that, cupcake."

"Don't call me cupcake!"

"But you are my cupcake, my strawberry cupcake."

"You know what? I wouldn't have gone that crazy if you didn't troll me out earlier! Yuri told me he's fine. Seriously, Sooyoung, what's wrong with you? You were not like this before."

"Oh come on. I'm just the same as before." He held up my hand with both of his. "Don't tell me you don't like me being this. I can change in no time for you."

I swatted his hands away. "Shut it, Soo. We're over since long ago. Our relationship is nothing but friendship now. Don't you understand that?"

"But I still love you. And I don't care if you're still together with Yuri. I can wait."

"Wait for what? Until he'll leave me? Sooyoung, I love your best friend so much and nothing or no one can ever change that. If you won't consider what I'm feeling, then you should at least think of Yuri. He's your best friend for Pete's sake."

"Yeah, you should... YOONG." Hyoyeon suddenly snapped which had us both look at her in confusion.

I then looked at Yoong and he just looked away, showing his uneasiness. "Uhhmmm... I gotta go." he said.

"Yoong wait." I tried to stop him yet he had already rushed himself out. I gazed on Hyoyeon, "Hyo, what was that? What were you two talking about?"

"Do not worry, Fany-yah. I'm just trying to straighten his mind out. I never wanted this situation to go crazy all the way."

"Huh?"

She then tapped my shoulder, "It's nothing. Stop thinking so much, please." She already left before I could react. It seems both of them are really hiding something from me.

"So uhmmm-- Are you sure you're okay now? Do you still feel dizzy?" Sooyoung then snapped.

"Yeah, I guess. I just feel a little dizzy but I can manage."

 

We both went back outside. It seems all the kids are having their lunch now. Minho then saw me and waved his hand. He then went near. Sooyoung, with his instinct, held my forearm tight as if trying to pull me away from the former.

"Where have you been?" he asked.

"I just uhmmm... took an emergency call."

"For two hours?" he asked then chuckled.

"Errr-- yeah, it's my boyfriend. We both missed each other so much so..."

His face then showed a little disappointment, "I see..."

"Do you have any more questions, mister actor?" Soo interrogated.

"Soo, be nice to him."

"He should know his limits first!"

Minho retorted, "You're talking as if you are her boyfriend."

"I-- I was her boyfriend!"

"What?" Minho asked in astonishment. Oh brother. He might think we are a very weird set of friends for sharing exes. This Sooyoung really irks me so much now. He has no limits on bragging about anything and everything.

"Uhhh- can you leave us for a minute, Soo?"

He looked at me quizzically first then sighed in defeat. He then gestured at Minho, "I got my eye on you." and left us.

"Minho. I'm sorry if I, sort of, flirted with you earlier."

"What are you sorry for? It's all okay to me."

"I know. It's just that... I shouldn't have done that because I think I may have provoked you..."

"Errrr- okay but... what are you really trying to point is???"

"I love my boyfriend."

"So uhh- you're shutting me down, right?"

"Yeah... sort of. I'm sorry if I added a different color to uhh- your actions."

"It's okay, well... this is new to me, actually. It's the first time someone turned me down this early."

"I'm sorry..."

He chuckled, "It's okay. To be honest, right now, you're making me fall for you even more. You are so thoughtful and very, very warm-hearted person. Your boyfriend's too lucky he got you."

I felt my cheeks burned red, "Thanks."

"But if he would become stupid and let you go someday..." He held my hand up. "I will be there for you to mend your heart. Just give me a call." He pulled out a calling card from his pocket and placed it on my palm.

"Uhhh- okay."

"Call me too if you're considering to enter show business."

I chuckled, "Silly... But I'll try to reconsider that one."

"That's good to hear... Anyway, I gotta go. I still have to attend a magazine pictorial later."

"Okay. Take care."

"You too." He swiftly leaned and pecked me on the cheek. "Bye." Before I could react, he already left. Soon, his crew followed and they were gone on the vicinity of the orphanage.

"Seriously, you are hell of a boy-magnet." Hyoyeon suddenly snapped beside me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I just noticed when Yuri is not around, all the guys are starting to hit on you. Seriously, Yuri needs to be careful or he might lose you in just a glimpse."

"Yah. It's not like I'm gonna fall for them that easy."

"You'll never know. It's temptation we're talking about."

"Hyoyeon, I'm not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter