Turmoil on whether it is a Fact or a Bluff

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"B-boa???"

Mom giggled first then responded, "Hi, oppa. How are you?"

"I-is t-that r-really y-you?"

"Of course. What do you think of me? Some kind of an apparition or something?"

"Boa, I---"

She looked at him boringly, "What now, oppa? No hug for me?"

"Boa---"

"Aisshhh..." She went closer to him then hugged him tightly. "I miss you so muuuucchhhhh~" she said in her much annoying aegyo. *Sigh*. This old granny sure is...

Uncle Vincent shed tears again. He hugged mom back and sobbed. "Boa. I missed you so much too... You don't know how depressed I am. I couldn't save you and Yunho that time. I'm so sorry I was late."

"It's okay, oppa. You don't have to feel responsible for my family. In fact, you have already done more than enough for us." She broke away and helped him wiped his tears with her thumbs. Then, she cupped his face, "Thank you so much for everything, oppa."

They both shared heartwarming smiles. Then, he burst into tears again and quickly hugged mom again. "I am really happy you're alive too."

She giggled again, "Gosh. This is like a dream come true for me. You're hugging me for more than how much I expected."

"Shut up. You're ruining the moment." Uncle rebutted.

They stayed that way for a very long while...

 

It's like more than a few minutes now...

 

Now, I'm starting to think there's kind of a malice in the atmosphere...

 

Hmm...

 

Yeah, I know they missed each other so much but...

Damn, why are they taking so long...?

And, those hands... why Uncle's moving his hands up and down on my mom's back?

And mom's even pressing her hands on his back too from time to time...

Aisshhh...

 

"Yah! This is already making us feel uncomfortable, okay!" Jessica shouted in so much annoyance.

With that, the two oldies broke away. Uncle cleared his throat and looked away as he scratched his head from embarrassment. Then, he asked, "So, uhhhmm, did Yunho survive too?"

Mom looked down, saddened. "No..."

 

It was then an awkward silence...

 

I asked, "So, uhhmm... shall we eat?"

"Right!" Mom uttered gleefully. "We have a lot of things to catch up on!"

"Uhhmm, Auntie Boa? Pops?" Tao butted. "I'll be heading now. Uhhmm... I actually just escaped from my sister for today. I have to get back to HGC or she'll kill me."

"Oh. I see." Uncle responded then chuckled, "So, Stephanie's becoming like Elizabeth now too?"

"Err-- I think she's more like her father?" I snapped.

He then chuckled again, "No, no. Elizabeth's more of a terror boss than Jaejoong, FYI."

"Yup." Mom seconded. "Elise became the President of the Student Council in college and I tell you, our University turned into a freaking military school because of her."

Tao butted, "Err-- I think my sister's worse than my step-mom, though. I was late once in our meeting she freaking banned me from using the elevator for a day! I went up and down two twenty-six floors just to have lunch!" He looked away, almost teary-eyed. He sobbed a little as he continued, "She even explained to me afterwards that she was just training me physically in case of emergency in the office."

"It's okay, Tao. Calm down. You'll get to the office in time." Mom said and rubbed his back to comfort him.

He wiped his tears then uttered, "Anyway, I really have to go now. See ya, Aunt Boa. See ya, guys. Let's catch up some other time, Pops." He lastly waved his hand then left the cemetery ahead of us.

"Tsk, tsk, poor boy." Mom mumbled.

"I guess Elise and Jaejoong's combination of genes sure is scary." Uncle said then sighed deeply, "I remember back then how cute little Stephanie was... Now, what happened?"

"I know right." Mom nodded. "Oh, oppa, did you know that Stephanie baked a cake for Yuri out of marble, cement, and wood and made him eat it? Arrghhh-- She's so freaking evil!!!" And with that, Mom started to rant on Stephanie's newly acquired evilness as we headed out too. Oh. Wait. I resent that. She's always been cutely evil since we were younger.

 

---

 

We settled at my mom's new home which is just a few blocks away from our condominium unit. Jessica seemed to be so full of energy that she even volunteered to cook food for us. While she was doing so, Mom has been so clingy on Uncle Vincent. She's literally had herself snuggled on his arm as they sat on the couch while chatting about the lost years. Like, heck, seriously... what's going on with them?

"So, oppa..." Mom snapped. She rested her chin on his shoulder. "Do you think I didn't hear you earlier?"

"Hear me? What did you hear?"

"You know... about you considering on dating me after your wife?"

"Oh. About that..." He then chuckled nervously. "Ha-ha- don't get it to your head, Boa. I was just joking that time."

"But, oppa~~!"

He tried to remove her hands from him, "Err-- uhhmm-- Boa, can you move a little?"

"Oppa~ Oppa~!" she called again making herself sound cuter forcefully.

 

Arghhhh... This is so much embarrassing for me! I can't take this anymore!

 

I quickly headed for the kitchen. Jessica looked at me in confusion, "What's going on?"

"My mom and your dad."

"Oh." She focused back on the meal she's cooking. "Yeah, it's weirding me out, too."

"Should we really be okay with this, huh?"

She sighed loudly, "I don't know... They're already a bunch of old people, anyway. They can do whatever they want in their lives."

"So, you're really okay with them in case they started to date?"

"Err-- uhmmm..." She glanced at me briefly then looked away again. "I don't really know... We'll see..."

"Should we plan another scheme?"

"Hmmm. So, we're gonna team up again or something?"

"Yeah, It's to make them be away from each other for good. You know, like have them resort back to a platonic level of relationship?"

"Hmmm. Yeah, that's okay for me. But, how are we gonna do that?"

"I don't know... Maybe we can put up pictures of your mom and my dad all over the place?"

She chuckled, "Yeah. That seems to be a really plausible idea. Also, we should always bring them up whenever we have conversations."

"Right."

 

---

 

"Thanks for the meal!" We all shouted and began to eat.

Mom snapped, "Anyway, people, I invited Taeyeon as well. He'll be here any minute now."

"Why is it so?" Uncle asked. "Just a curious question."

"Oppa, didn't I already tell you earlier that he's like already a son to me? And, also, I don't want you to have bad blood with him. I know he's a Kim, but, you better try to get to know him more. He's a good kid."

Uncle chuckled, "Yeah, I think so too. I already met him earlier at the prison. He even greeted me and somewhat thankful that I am already free from prison."

"See? He's a good kid, right?"

"Yeah, I think he's my second choice for my little baby. He should be first, though. But then, I found out Yuri's still alive, so..."

"Uhhmmm... dad?" Jessica snapped.

"Yeah?"

She looked at me briefly at first then redirected back to him, "Yuri and I already broke up."

"Ehhhhhhh???"

Mom sighed loudly as she sipped a cup of tea. "Yeah, I had the very same reaction."

"Wait. Wait." Uncle uttered. "So, since there's a breakup, that just means you two already dated, right? As in, really dated for good?"

"Uhh- yeah?" we both answered.

Mom butted, "They dated and worse, they even become engaged. Then, stupid circumstances happened so they ended up with a lousy break up."

"Why?"

"Ohohhohoho~~" Mom mocked a laugh. "You two better answer that you foolish, stupid kids."

Jessica focused on her food then answered, "T-third parties, dad."

"Parties not party?"

"Yy-yeah..." we both answered then looked away.

"On both sides?"

"Y-yes..."

"Oh."

...

"Stephanie?"

Mom answered for me, "Oh yes~ The never-ending Stephanie obsession~"

Uncle sighed loudly. Then, she redirected to his daughter, "And who's on your side, Jessica?"

...

"Answer me!"

She lowered her head then answered like in almost a whisper, "Yoong..."

"That pesky kid?!"

"Yah, Dad, why do you really hate him that much?!"

"I just don't like him! He irks me!"

"Uncle." I butted. "Just try to get to know him more. He isn't that bad."

"No, I won't. I can know a person just by seeing his face. I don't need further getting-to-know each other, okay?" He looked back at Jess. "Say, why are you defending him so much? Are you back on dating him again?"

"Err-- No..."

"No?" He looked at her in confusion. "Let me clarify again... Aside from Stephanie, he's the reason you and Yuri broke up, right? You cheated with him, right?"

"Y-yes..."

"Then, why are you two not back together now?"

"H-he's uhmm... We haven't talked nowadays."

"And why?"

"..."

He sighed loudly, "See? That's why I don't like that guy for you. He's just playing you. He ruined your engagement then, afterwards, pretend you never existed."

"Dad, it's not like that."

"Then, what?"

I answered for her, "It'll be awkward if we pursued our exes that quickly."

"H-huh?"

"Look, uncle. Sad to say, but, we're actually known publicly, all four of us, because of Stephanie's weird popularity. It was ever since she was introduced by his father as the only Hwang heiress."

Jessica added, "Tiff even got more popular in the entertainment media scene because of her Sharpshooter viral video. And, because of that, her dating life has always been a hot topic. That's where we all got noticed."

"Oh... So, why are you two bringing that up?"

I answered, "Since we're known publicly and our dating lives are being tracked as well, we cannot exactly switch uhhmmm-- that quickly. We cannot risk hiding in the shadows either."

"So, you're really planning to get back together with Stephanie?"

"Yes."

Mom looked at me in so much disappointment. She rolled her eyes away and just continued on eating her meal.

"And you?" Uncle asked pertaining to Jessica.

"If Yoong wants to, then... yeah..."

Uncle narrowed his eyes, "You are really stupid in love, aren't you?"

"..."

"If that Yoong wants to, then, he should have already given you a hint for that." He looked at me. "You had given Stephanie a hint, right?"

"Yes."

He looked back to his daughter, "Do you understand now what I'm talking about?"

Jessica then shouted in annoyance, "We still haven't talk yet, okay!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter