Compulsory Truce in War

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri POV

The little me, Yuri Kwon, apparently sneaked inside the Hwang mansion to see his girlfriend, Stephanie Miyoung Hwang, often known as Tiffany, which had him ended up getting caught by the man of the house, Henry Jaejoong Hwang. The scene has caused a commotion in the whole mansion that everyone, including Ms. Elizabeth Hwang and all their staffs, were awakened.

It's midnight. Henry was determined not to let this incident slip up, that, he placed the kid under interrogation at their dining hall. Well, of course, with Tiffany and Ms. Elizabeth along. It was not a torture-like interrogation, however. He even ordered his servants to prepare midnight meal for them.

It was a very awkward scene, though. Henry was just looking at Yuri throughout the whole time they were eating and sometimes listening to the small statements of the two kids about their relationship. Then, after a long while, out of frustration, he groaned. "Why? Tell me, why?"

"What why, sir?" the kid asked.

"Why my daughter?"

"Errr---"

"You can just go date anyone else and not my daughter!"

"Sir, believe me. No one interests me except for your daughter. She's exceptional."

"How could she be exceptional?! She loves pink! She loves Disney princesses! She's too typical!"

"Yah, daddy! You're being too much!" Tiffany complained. "I'm not that typical! Those are just my likes. You don't exactly know who I am!"

He looked at his daughter, "Do not in! I am talking to him and not to you!" He redirected back to the little boy. "Answer me."

"I already answered you, Sir. She's exceptional."

"How could she be exceptional?!"

"She's smart and funny! She's actually weird with her likes and dislikes but that doesn't matter! I find her amusing! And, also, she's pretty! As in, really, really pretty! Every time I look at her, I feel my heart's jumping in joy! She makes all my worries and my problems fade away!"

Henry went speechless. His jaw was a little dropped too.

He continued, "I love her, sir. I think that's the best reason I can tell you. Love is not something anyone can easily explain, though. I know you know that. I know you know how it feels to fall in love, aren't you? Haven't you felt it with your wife?"

He just stared at the kid first. Then, afterwards, he sighed in defeat. He then focused on his daughter, "Why him?"

"I have the same reason, daddy."

"No copying!"

"How could I not copy?! Our feelings for each other are mutual, you know!"

"Arrghhh!" he shouted again in frustration. Then, he grabbed both of Tiffany's hands and held them tightly. "Are you really in love with him?! Are you really, really in love with him?!"

"Yes, daddy."

"You're just saying that. You're still too young. You know nothing about love."

"Daddy, I'm already too old to know about it."

"All you know is just hypothetical love. Those fairy tales... they aren't real."

"I know that. But, I have found mine and it's even better. Daddy, please understand. I know what I'm doing. I love him. I'm in love with him and that's what I truly believe."

He then removed his hold from her then, just rubbed his temples like trying to ease the stress he's feeling. "Why? Why a Kwon?" he mumbled. "I won't mind if you fall in love with anyone as long as he's not a Kwon. Why out of all people…?"

For a moment, there was silence. Then, Yuri decided to snap, "Sir, if me being a Kwon is the only hindrance for me and Stephanie to be together, then, I won't mind to dishonor my status as one. Besides, my dad has an illegitimate son. He can be his sole heir instead of me."

Henry looked at him in confusion and disbelief. "Wait, hyung has an illegitimate son?"

"Err… at least, that's what I heard."

"And do you think your father will ever dishonor you?"

"Well, if he doesn't, I can just dispose all of my inheritance to charity. In that way, I'm already considered a normal person too."

"You… So, you love my daughter that much?"

"Yes, I will do anything just to be with her."

 

 

"Jaejoong." Ms. Elizabeth snapped, calling his attention. "Why don't we just… let the kids go?"

"…"

"In the end, it will fall to Stephanie's decision, anyway. Family feud… it's already out of her hands…"

"…"

"Her happiness is what matters for us, right...?"

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. Then, silence has erupted in the dining hall. Henry was deep into his thoughts. He then started to wander his gaze between the two youngsters. Then, finally, he settled his gaze at his daughter. "If he's who you really want to be with then, fine. I will not interfere. I'm sure neither Elizabeth will too."

And with that statement, triumphant smiles formed on the lips of the two kids. Tiffany was almost tearing up on how considerate her parents were.

"But, I want you both to be careful on your decisions. Don't rush into things, okay?"

"Yes, daddy."

"Yes, father-in-law." Yuri affirmed too which got Ms. Elizabeth giggled.

Henry looked at him in disbelief. "Didn't I just say don't rush?"

He grinned, "Sorry, I was just trying out my luck, fa- I mean, sir."

"Aisshh-- I still can't believe you captured my daughter's heart. Like, seriously, I'm not really into the fact that you are with my daughter. Yes, I won't interfere, but don't be too at ease."

"Yes, sir, don't worry. I will prove to you that I am worthy to be with your daughter. I promise to make her happy and I will never ever break her heart."

"Well..." He sighed in defeat. "Stephanie still has what? Ten to fifteen years to decide if she really wants to be with you or not. And with that, I guess I have to be transparent with everything. You and Stephanie have to know the past of our families. Then, you just both decide in the end."

"Hmmm. That's fair enough." Ms. Elise snapped and flashed him a smile.

He blushed a little then, cleared his throat as he avoided her gaze. "Well, I am a very considerate man, actually."

Tiffany giggled, "Thank you so much, daddy, mommy." She stood and went to hug her dad then, her mom.

However, before they can even fully cherish the moment, one of their staffs went inside the room to inform them. "Sir Henry, Miss Elizabeth, a couple named Yunho and Boa Kwon wanted to see you two. They said their son is here and they wanted to get him."

 

Hmmm. This is going to be interesting-.

 

---

 

Henry headed out of the dining hall first to meet the Kwons. Out of curiosity, the two lovebirds decided to take a peek from the dining's door. Ms. Elizabeth, on the other hand, remained to her seat at the dining. She looked froze which, I think, probably due to shock of the news her ex-boyfriend's here.

"Good uhmm- midnight, Jaejoong." Mom snapped as soon as she saw Henry went out of the Dining Hall to meet them at the entrance of the mansion.

"And to you too, Boa." he greeted back. He then looked at dad. "Hyung." he called.

"Jae." Dad called back.

Mom then asked, breaking the awkward silence, "Do you mind if we ask whether our son somehow dropped by here in the middle of the night?"

"Oh. Yes. He's here." he answered, still with his eyes locked up with dad's.

"Do you mind if we fetch him?" Mom asked in a somewhat innocent tone.

He nodded. Then, he called, "Yuri. Your mom and dad's here."

I redirected to the kid. He looked at his girlfriend first. Then, he kissed her cheek. "Good night. I guess, I'll... see you tomorrow?"

Tiffany nodded. Then, she hugged him back. "Good night. Take care."

Kid Yuri then went out of the dining hall to meet his parents. He firstly stood beside Henry. "Yuri, dear." Mom said as she opened her arms for her son. Yuri then awkwardly moved forward to embrace his mom.

"We apologize if our son has caused a commotion in your home. We assure you this will never happen again." Dad said.

"Yes. You better discipline your son. He seems to be getting out of hand. Tsk tsk. I never expected." Henry responded, somewhat teasingly.

"I apologize." Dad reiterated in monotone. He then looked at his son first then back to his step-brother. "And you shall not worry. I am assuring he'll be shutting out his relationship with anyone in your family, most especially with your daughter."

Yuri looked at him in horror. "A-appa-- wh-what are you---?"

"You will end it, Yuri. No more playing games." Dad restated in command.

All of a sudden, Tiffany came out of the dining hall and uttered, "F-father-in-law, please. I-it's not his fault. I forced him to come here."

"Father-in-law?" Dad reiterated in confusion. Yet, as he looked at who the owner of the voice was, his jaw somehow dropped. He is, I say, in a state of shock judging by the look on his face. Well, Tiffany exactly looks like her mother, I guess that is it.

Henry chuckled, "That was your son's idea, hyung. Your son insisted to call us that on my daughter."

Dad looked at little Tiffany, "I'm sorry to burst your bubble but, you and my son will never happen."

"Appa!" Yuri shouted, complaining.

"Y-you can't take him away from me!" Tiffany shouted, all of a sudden, though, sounding a little scared. Dad looked a bit amused of what he has heard o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter