To Comprehend and Deny Reality

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You are not mistaken. It is really a double update. Enjoy! kekeke

 

Tiffany POV

*Afternoon-of-1st-of-August*

"Where the hell have you been?!" my dad, Henry, shouted at me as I entered the manor. "Did you search for that lowlife man again, huh?!"

"..."

"What do you want me to do with you, Stephanie? Tie you up in your room?! You are so ing stubborn!"

"Please dad."

"..."

"Let's talk some other time." I left him in the living room and went straight to my room. This day has already been too long for me. I just want to take a rest then leave my problems and worries for the next day.

I lied on the bed, closed my eyes then drifted off to sleep...

 

---

"I love you." a male voice uttered out beside me.

I opened my eyes. I'm still in my room. I looked at the person. It was Yuri smiling back at me. "Hey, princess." he greeted then leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Happy birthday."

"How could I be happy? You're not here."

He chuckled, "What are you talking about? I'm right there." He pointed his index finger on my chest. "And so you are with me."

"But I still feel so alone..." I looked away. "Why did you leave me, Yuri-yah?"

"..."

"I wish you were really here."

"..."

I looked at him. "If you'll be here, I probably will not feel this way, lifeless."

"..."

I cupped his face with my hands, "You are the only one I look forward to now, Yuri. But you left me..."

"Tiffany, you'll understand someday. But what matters most now is that my love for you will never change. You have to remember that. We may be apart now but I tell you, there will be no one else for me to love but you. I'd rather live forever alone, actually."

"Me too... I don't want to get married to someone else, Yuri-yah. I want you alone."

"..."

"Do you think we'll still be able to be together someday?"

"Yes. I do believe."

I smiled. "I'll be waiting for that time to come then..."

He leaned on me again. Then, he captured my lips, giving me soft kisses. "I love you, Tiffany."

"I love you too,

---

 

Yuri-yah..."

I opened my eyes. Still, I am the in the same room. Yet, Yuri was gone. It was all just a dream. Though I wish it was not.

I sat up and looked at gazed at the window. It's already night time. I've been sleeping for hours already. I don't feel any hunger or thirst at all.

I decided to come out of my room to take a walk around the garden. But when I passed by my father's study room, I heard him conversing over someone. "I cannot believe you, Elizabeth." he said. So, he was talking to my mother.

"Let's just talk some other time, Jae. I don't want to talk to a drunkard right now."

"How could you make Stephanie to get in between our fight?"

"Please, let's stop talking about that brat."

"I've never seen our daughter that troubled and depressed!"

She sighed, "Seriously, I wonder why the both of you won't ever stop on bugging me."

"How could say such thing to her?!"

"So you won't really stop, huh?"

"You should have just shut up, Elise. You shouldn't have said that to her! You... -- you made everything worse!"

"Am I?! Am I the one who made everything worse?! Are you forgetting something?!"

"..."

"Our lives has been always at the worst and it's all ing because of you!"

"..."

"You ing selfish stubborn man!"

"Shut up, Elise."

"You pig! You made mine and Stephanie's life miserable!"

"I said shut up!" And I heard a forceful slap.

I heard my mom cry loud.

"It's been more than twenty years, Elizabeth. Why are you still bringing up our past, huh? Can't you just move on already?!"

"How can I? Tell me. You destroyed my life, my dream, my hope. You think I-- I will be happy with you after all that?!"

"Why?! Why are you doing this to me?! I love you more than my life, Elise. Why can't you love me?!"

"That ing same question over and over again, Jae?! Seriously?!"

"..."

"How many times should I tell you I never will? How many years will I wait for you to realize that?"

"..."

"I loved your brother, Jaejoong."

"Don't dare call me that again."

" I loved Yunho so much and you know that."

"Don't dare say his name again!"

"But what did you do? You ing destroyed our lives... all because of your selfishness you ing killed your brother!"

"I said shut up!" He slapped her again.

 

I ran away. I could not bear to hear any more of this.

Li Yin. You told me to just bear everything? Will I really be able to do it? Will I still get to continue my life normally when now that it all makes sense to me?

No matter how much I try to comprehend everything, still, my heart aches a lot.

 

---

 

*3rd-of-August-Dinner-at-Hwang-Manor*

"The soup tastes great." Sehun snapped in a gleeful manner.

My dad then retorted, "Oh please, Sehun. I have already let you live with us here. Stop with the plastic attitude of yours. You don't have to build yourself up on me." The former then just looked down sadly and continued his meal. Pfft. serves him right.

Dad the redirected to me, "So, Stephanie. I see that you're not going out with your friends lately."

"..."

"Why?"

I looked at him sullenly, "Don't ask me why, dad. Don't ask me at all..."

He then looked away and fake a cough. Then, he asked my mom, "So uhh- how's the business going on, Elise?"

"So, now you're interested in cosmetics? When did you become so gay?"

"I am trying to make a conversation here!"

She sighed, "Alright, alright. It's doing great so far."

"Why don't you have Stephanie here to visit your company some time? She will soon inherit that anyway."

I butted, "Dad, I'm taking up Interior Design. Cosmetics is too far different from my major."

"But it's a typical thing for women to know the basics of Cosmetics. Besides, your mom majored Business Administration. And she just learned cosmetics through seminars and minor courses."

"Dad, I'm taking up Interior Design, not B.S.B.A."

"That does not matter at all. Anyway, you should maybe start on taking up minor courses on cosmetics then. It looked too fun. I remember back then when your mom asked me to accompany her when she was training in a funeral parlor. Haha. She was so scared and horrified while doing makeovers on dead bodies. She looked too cute overreacting, I te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter