The Whole Truth behind the Actions of the Hwang Tycoon

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologize for this update. This is supposed to be a triple but I ran out of time. Sorry >.<

Warning: This is a little bit of a looong story-telling. Prepare to have your memory of the whole plot be refreshed since it'll be the other side of the story this time. hehehe

 

Yuri POV

*26th-of-August-2017-Hwang-Diamond-Hotel-Main-Branch-Grand-Function-Hall-After-Party*

Because of mom's revelation, the celebration of Henry Jaejoong Hwang's fiftieth birthday ended a little earlier than expected as mandated by Stephanie. Miss Elizabeth fainted and was being accompanied by her, mom, and Jessica. Henry, on the other hand, started to become distracted. He became somewhat depressed too.

Apparently, Henry, Uncle Vincent, Yoong and I are here inside the function hall. Since now that Henry is aware of mom being alive after all, Uncle thought it is now the time for us to confront the tycoon of everything that happened in the past.

"Pops." Tao snapped in as he arrived back inside the function hall. "That's it. The coast is clear. All the guests have already left. All the security personnel has been deployed exactly farther enough for them not to hear a thing."

"Good."

Henry's still immersed in his own thoughts. He sat down on one of the empty seats as he gazed down in nothingness.

"Jaejoong." Uncle uttered as he went near him. "I think this is now the right time for you to tell us the truth."

"..."

"What exactly happened fifteen years ago?"

He firstly looked at Uncle. Then, he looked at us one by one. Uncle then uttered, "We all deserved to know the truth from you. Yuri, Yoong, and me. You have the choice now whether to kick out your son from this talk, though."

"Yah pops! I wanna know too!" Tao complained.

Henry responded, "No. It's okay. He can stay." With that, Tao smiled widely and quickly drew an empty chair and sat down.

Henry sighed deeply first, "I don't know where to start... I... Everything... All the horrible things rooted from me. I don't know where did it all begin..."

I uttered bluntly, "You can start on my father and Miss Elise's affair."

He looked startled at my sudden snap. "I..." He looked away. "What about it?"

"I completely remember what Stephanie told me back then. It's been around three months passed after they started, I think, when she told me you accepted your wife's affair and that, you were willing to give up on her. That, you were even willing to file a divorce just for Miss Elise to love my father freely. That was yours and umma's original plan, right? Why did you back away?"

"I... I was willing to agree on what Boa proposed, to file a divorce with our partners. In fact, I have already signed the divorce papers. But, yeah... my decision was half-hearted. Maybe... maybe it's because of jealousy that made me change my mind..."

"I doubt that's your real reason." Uncle Vincent uttered. "You always prioritize Elizabeth and Stephanie's happiness more than yours, Jaejoong."

I asked, "Was it because of that man? That one who was trying to poison your mind before you confronted my father at that beach?"

"..."

"Was he Siwon Goo?"

"Yes..."

"..."

"He got inside my head. I only realized my mistake of letting him do so when it was already too late... During the whole period of Elise's and Yunho's affair, he was always there at my side. He accompanied me everywhere I go. He acted as if he was really concerned about me. 'Like a good friend', as what he always tells me... Like a good brother-in-law."

"Brother-in-law?" Yoong repeated in question.

"Yes. He's married to Elizabeth's older sister, Hyori." He smiled bitterly, "I should have picked up the hint on that, though. That, he's Hyori-noona's husband. But, damn... I was so stupid to fall for his tricks too."

Uncle asked him, "Why? What's with Hyori?"

"Hyori-noona's untrustworthy... There was an incident back then involving Stephanie. She wanted our daughter to herself so she did sort of things on our daughter." He sighed. "I should have realized sooner that Siwon-hyung could be the same as his wife... I never actually thought of that..."

"Why would she want Stephanie? It doesn't make any sense to me." Uncle asked.

"It was another matter. Though, I don't know if what Siwon-hyung did was kind of related to it...

Elizabeth's father decided to have her as the heir of their family. He decided for Hyori-noona to only inherit a quarter portion of their wealth, that's despite the fact that she's the eldest of the both of them. I guess it was for the reason that she was not capable of bearing children.

So, at first, we thought it was all okay for Hyori-noona. It turned out, she never accepted it and even despised Elise secretly.

Since Elise and I have a complicated relationship with our daughter before, Hyori-noona grew fond of Stephanie. She was around five or six years old, though, when we found out how she's been bonding with our child. She... She's been training her to become like her." He gazed at us. "A killer."

"A killer?!"

"Yes. Just like how Kim Junsu's work was."

Tao butted, "So, that could explain why Fany-noona's a great sharpshooter and had a keen sense of detection too."

"Yes..." He looked away, "That's maybe it."

"But, why would she train Tiffany to become a killer?" Yoong asked. "What for?"

"No one knew her motive for it... not me nor Elise... Good thing, though, that one of our butlers found out about what she's been doing to Stephanie. He immediately informed us about it. So then, afterwards, Elise told her father of what happened. Hyori-noona was banished from their household, stripped off of everything."

I snapped, "I remember Hyori Goo died days before you and appa retrieved me and Stephanie when we ran away. It could just be a coincidence but, before that as well, we were attacked by a stranger, a woman. She maybe was Hyori."

"Yeah, probably." Henry snapped in. "Hyori-noona never stopped from holding a grudge on my family. I guess Siwon-hyung bore the same grudge too. Siwon-hyung has always been devoted to his wife. He would do everything just to make Hyori-noona happy."

"So, after that... right after Siwon brainwashed you, you decided to kill my parents?" I asked.

"He brainwashed me to get mad at your father. He was successful on that, but never on when he tried to push me to kill Yunho-hyung...

It was actually that time, when he was brainwashing me to do that wrong deed, I realized what he has been doing to me. I snapped out from his manipulation on my own. And I guess he somewhat noticed it when I refused his suggestion to kill Yunho-hyung. But then... he left me with no choice. He had already ing plotted everything up."

The sadness in his eyes turned in to hatred. "He already plotted a scheme to murder your family, Yuri. And he had no plans to pinpoint himself nor me. Instead, he already fabricated all possible evidence to pinpoint Elizabeth.

That's why I decided to go to his plan, pretend my hardest to show him that I'm on his side. Just for him to discontinue his original plan to destroy my wife.

And to completely convince him about it, I made myself looked obsessive and cruel on Elise. I isolated myself from everyone else, even with my family. I made it looked like I hated you for taking my daughter away from me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter