The Guru in Breaking the Ice

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I apologize for updating late. Since winter is coming, I sort of rewatched Game of Thrones seasons 1 to 6 for the whole week. OTL I promise on my next update after this, it will be double. ;)

 

Tiffany POV

"Umma, Yoong-appa's here." Sunkyu snapped as he entered the garden glass house where I decided to spend my early afternoon time for this Saturday.

"I don't care."

He looked at me boringly, "Why are you being so childish?"

I ignored his question, "Don't let him in. Tell him I'm busy sleeping."

He sighed loudly, "You tell him yourself. I won't ever take part of your silly love fight with him." He quickly left.

"Yah, Sunkyu! I'm still not done talking to you!"

All of a sudden, Yoong popped out of the entrance. I quickly ignored him and focused myself on my laptop. "Hey there, my beautiful ex-girlfriend." he greeted.

I put my headphones on and pretended to listen to some music. He went near and sat beside me. He placed a large bouquet of flowers on the table right exactly beside my laptop.

"For you, my honey love so sweet."

I removed my headphones and sighed loudly. I looked at him, "What are you doing here?"

He chuckled, "I missed you, okay."

"You missed me or you missed her?" I focused back on my laptop.

He chuckled again, "If I missed her, I wouldn't be here."

"Oh. Really?"

"Yah. Aren't you the one who broke up with me? Why are you acting like so jealous now?"

"I am not acting."

"So, you're saying you're really jealous now?"

"I am not jealous! Stop being delusional!"

"Then, why are you mad at me?"

"It's because you still haven't answered my question! For three weeks, you never answered me!"

He chuckled again, "What question?"

"Why did you announce to everyone we broke up?!"

He continued to chuckle, "I did not announce it, okay. I just told my best friends."

"Yeah, but with an 'S'?!"

"Yeah. Taeyeon-hyung, Yuri-hyung, and Sooyoung. They're all my best friends, you know."

"Hmpf."

"Tiff, they will eventually find out about it soon, anyway. So, why not say now?"

"Oh yeah? And what if they blabbed it out to my parents right before we could even tell them, huh?"

He sighed deeply, "Tell me, after a few weeks since I told them, did they ever spill it out to mom and dad? I-- I mean, Sir Henry and Ma'am Elise?"

I looked away, "N-no..."

"See?" He chuckled again, "They are all secret-trustworthy."

"You shouldn't have told him, though..."

"Who? Yuri-hyung?"

...

"What's the difference if I didn't tell him, anyway?"

...

"Didn't you want me to get back together with Sica?"

"That doesn't mean you have to blab it on Yuri too!"

"That'll be illogical if I didn't tell him about our break up. I mean, how will I get Jessica back if I left him out?"

...

He suddenly pinched my cheek hard, "You are so cuuuuuuttteee!"

"Yah!" I swatted his hand away and rubbed my cheek to numb the pain. "Why did you do that?!"

"Stop pouting!"

"That doesn't make you have the right to pinch my cheek!"

"Stop being grumpy, please. Are you hanging out with Hyoyeon-noona too much lately, huh?"

"Shut up. Just leave, okay?"

"Aren't we gonna tell your mom and dad about our break up? When are we gonna tell them?"

"I don't know!"

"Yah! Why do you keep on shouting at me?!"

"Because you're annoying! You're acting as if we never really broke up!"

He chuckled loudly, "I missed you, okay." He s his hand around my waist and pulled me to him. He planted kisses on my cheek and jaw. "Don't you miss us?"

"It's just three weeks since our break-up, Yoong!" I tried to push him away and remove his hold of me. Yet, he continued to shower me kisses.

"It feels like it's been a year."

"Stop!" I elbowed his side and that had him pulled away as he winced in pain. "I am not your fiancé anymore so you don't have the right to touch me!"

"Ouch. You sure are a very harsh ex-girlfriend."

"Shut up."

"Look." He reached for my hand and held it. Afterwards, he kissed it too. "Don't make this hard for me, Tiff. You're not easy to forget, okay. It's four years of relationship. You can't exactly order me to forget about you in merely a week."

"Then, when are you gonna stop from flirting with me?"

"Do you want me to stop?"

...

"Hohoho--" He wiggled his eyebrows while looking at me mischievously, "You missed me, don't you?"

"Stop being delusional." I swatted his hand again. "And tell me, how are you gonna get her back if you're still trying to flirt with me?"

"I'm not planning to get back together with her anytime soon, okay?"

"What the heck?! Tell me, do you really have a plan at all?!"

"Hey, it'll be weird, okay. If I'll try to pursue my luck on her now, tell me, what will people say about me? About us? About them?"

"Are you waiting for them to break up naturally first?"

"Nope. FYI, they already broke up."

"Th-they already did?"

"Yup."

"Since when?"

"Hmmm... I don't know."

"But, I saw them at the mall shopping together last week."

"Oh. Maybe they got back together. Do you want me to ask?"

"Why ask me?! I don't care if they already broke up, whatever, okay!"

He chuckled, "You are really so cute." He pinched my cheek again. "Why don't you just admit you're happy about the news?"

"Why would I be happy, huh?"

"Because your chance to be back together with your first love increased. Just like with my situation too. We should celebrate, Tiff. Maybe, we should go out or something?"

"Idiot. Leave me alone, okay." I gazed back on my laptop. "And I don't have plans to get back together with him. How many times should I tell you that?"

"Until I'm really convinced." he smirked and winked.

"Why do you love teasing me, really?"

He then looked at me somewhat lovingly, "Fany-yah..." *Sigh*. Seriously, what's with this guy?

"What?"

"I miss you."

"Is that the effect of three-week solo vacation of you?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"What did you do and where did you go for three weeks, anyway?"

"I just went somewhere far, far away. I did nothing but relax and just be with myself."

"You didn't sleep with random women, did you?"

He smirked mischievously, "What if I say yes?"

"Well..." I looked back on my laptop. "It's your life. You can do whatever you want."

He sighed loudly. "Woman, I don't understand you at all."

"For four years, you never understood me?"

"Silly. What I meant is why you broke up with me."

...

He scooted nearer and hugged me from the sides. He kissed my cheek again. "I really miss you so much."

"What do you want, Yoong?"

"Well..." He rested his chin on my shoulder. "While we're waiting for some random miracle to arrive in our lives... why don’t we--? Uhhmm... you know..." He kissed my jaw. "Make each other happy?"

"I... I don't know..."

"Come on." He guided my chin to make me face him. Then, he kissed me on the lips. I felt somewhat drawn to him, though. I couldn't hold myself but to kiss him back. And soon, we're engulfed with a much deeper kiss. He pulled me closer to him, hugged me on the waist. I rested my arms on his shoulders and held him on the back of his head for support.

"Umma, I just forgot somethi---"

We immediately broke away from each other and went back to our original seating. "Yes, Sunkyu?" I asked innocently.

He was still looking at us with a dumbfounded reaction. After a few seconds, he snapped, "So, are you two now back together or something?"

"Err-- uhhhmmm---"

He smiled in somewhat relief, "That's great then. So, the wedding's on, right?"

Yoong answered for me, "We're not uhhmm--- back together, Kyu."

Now, he looked at us in complete disbelief, "Then, why are you two making out like that?"

"Uhhmm... We're not uhhmm--- making out." he said and scratched his head.

Kyu sighed loudly, "Look. If you two really want to be back together, then, go. Stop this stupidity and just get married already. Gee." He picked up the folder he left on the table. "You oldies are so capricious. Just decide for good already." And he left the glass house again.

Yoong then uttered, still looking at the direction where Sunkyu was, "You know, he never changed. He's still the same young grumpy kid back then."

I nodded, "Yeah, he sure never did."

"I think he got that trait from you."

I looked at him boringly, "Really, huh? Me?"

He looked back and grinned mischievously again, "Yes, you."

"Whatever. Why are you here exactly, by the way?"

"Do I need a reason?"

"Yes because we're not together anymore."

"Would it hurt if we just treat each other as close friends? Close friends do hang out, Tiff."

"Wow. Now, I'm friend-zoned."

He chuckled, "Then, what do you expect? Stop our friendship completely?"

"Oh well..." I redirected to my laptop. "Once you'll be back together with Jessica, it'll stop completely anyway. So, yeah, feel free to bug me around."

"Tiff..."

...

"Have you talked to her yet?"

"With who?"

"With Jessica."

"Why do you ask?"

"I just wanna know if you two are still doing okay."

...

"Tiff... I know you two don't talk anymore. Yuri-hyung and Taeyeon-hyung told me about it."

...

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"I thought you two will be best friends 'til the end of time, like BFFs. Now, what's this?"

That's what I thought too...

"Yah, Tiff."

I smiled at him, "There's nothing for me and her to talk about, Yoong."

He looked down guiltily, "Is it because of me?"

I chuckled, "Why would it be because of you?"

"Because of what happened that night? On that reason why we broke up?"

"What happened that night was not the reason we broke up, Yoong."

"Nonetheless, we broke up because of her..."

...

"Tiff... Don't be hard on yourself."

...

"I know you miss your best friend so much."

"Yoong..." I looked away. "There's no such thing as forever. Not everything will last for as long as you want."

"So, you're saying... there's no more hope for you and Jess to get back to normal?"

...

"Anyway, do you wanna hang out somewhere?"

"Is that the reason why you're really here?"

"Sooyoung just texted me earlier. Team Korea wants to hang out. You know, us four, Sunny, Sooyoung and us."

"Oh. I see. Yeah, I miss us Team Korea hanging out by just the four of us. It's been a while."

"Yeah. So, let's go?"

"As in now?"

"Yup."

"Oh. Okay."

 

As we went out of the glasshouse. We both saw Tao sleeping soundly while seated on a mono-block and was hugging a rifle.

"What is he doing?" Yoong asked.

I chuckled, "Oh. He's my personal bodyguard. It's been a week since he started guarding me 24/7."

He chuckled back, "Why is it so?"

"All he said is he wanted to ensure my safety as Sehun's still on the loose." I tapped my younger brother's shoulder. "Tao."

"Predators!" he suddenly shouted and quickly held his rifle to attacking position. Then, he finally snapped out and looked at me, "Oh. What happened, noona?" He stood up and held me on my forearms, "Did you get hurt? Are the enemies here?"

I chuckled again, "Silly. They won't be able to get in here in our home, okay."

"Aisshh-- I shouldn't have fallen asleep."

"Just go to sleep, Tao. I'm okay. I'll be okay."

He looked at me darkly. "The enemies are still out there."

"Yeah, and you just ordered our bodyguards to guard me and deployed on each and every corner of our home and even on the street. Just let them do the work."

"I will not be slacking around doing nothing. I will make sure of your security myself."

"Tao. That's enough. At least, try to sleep. You won't be able to protect me anyway if you're lacking sleep."

"But..."

Yoong butted in, "Don't worry, I'll be your sister's guard for today."

"But, you two already broke up, right? At least that's what Yuri-hyung and Sunkyu told me."

I responded, "Yeah, and don't ever tell mom and dad about it. I'll be the one to spill the news on them first."

"Oh. Okay..." He looked at Yoong. "So, you're still willing to look over noona even if you two already broke up?"

Yoong chuckled, "We just broke up. Our relationship will never change. Well, except for the loving, of course. I mean, that's on her discretion, though. We can still spend some nigh---"

"Too much information, Yoong!" I butted and glared at him.

He grinned at me again annoyingly. Then, he redirected back to my brother, "Anyway, like I said, it's all okay with me."

"Alright, then. Let me brief you of what information we've gathered so far." Tao then dragged Yoong farther away for me not to hear.

I shouted, "Yah! Aren't you supposed to brief me first since I'll be the 'victim'?!'

"No." Tao declared on me then went back on whispering to Yoong. After their suspicious talk, Yoong and I went to the parking lot and rode my car. He insisted that he should drive. We were also accompanied by several black cars ridden by our family

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter