Pursuit of the Will to Fight

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh. And because I am unworthy... I am not done. It's a freaking DOUBLE CHAPTER UPDATE! *throws-confetti* This is a celebration of my escape from the deadly ocean of writer's block. I actually suffered from that hell for freaking five months. Five months! And that was maindly due to the stress... depression... and many more terrible things I experienced during the period. >.<

Okay, enough of my own problems. Let's enjoy this another "happy" chapter! :DD

 

Yuri POV

Why...?

Why I wasn't even aware of a single thing...?

All along, I didn't know I was surrounded by my enemies... of those who connived to put an end on my happy life.

Why was I so clueless...?

'It's not their fault', Sir Vincent always says to me, pertaining to my friends. 'Yes, it is not', as I always respond. 'Do not resort to vengeance', he says. Yet, I always assure him 'I will not'. But, deep inside... my heart keeps saying I will... that I want to. That... I want them all to feel the same, lose their loved ones mercilessly. I want them to live in pain. Yes. I know I'm being irrational. But, tell me, how can I feel the otherwise?

 

Two weeks... three... four weeks passed since Sir Vincent told me about it and still, I'm feeling the same. I still wanted to seek revenge. I guess it's somehow a good thing I'm here inside this prison when I found out about everything or else... I might have already done something foolish outside.

'Forgiveness and acceptance... those are what you need', as Sir Vincent always reminds me. Time... maybe it will help me attain those... I hope.

 

"Still sulking around, kid?" Sir Vincent snapped as he sat beside on this one free bench in the prison's open field.

"What do you expect me to do? Dance around?"

He chuckled, "And that will be funny."

"..."

"Yuri."

"Yeah?"

"What's on your mind?"

I laughed, "Now, what is this? Facebook?"

"Facebook? What's that?"

I looked at him in disbelief, "You don't know Facebook?"

"Err-- If I do, I wouldn't ask you now, you know."

"It's the currently trending social networking site all over the world."

He chuckled again, "Current, you say? I was abducted here the earliest of 2008, FYI. How long it has been? Four years?"

"Oh... Sorry about that. I think it was not yet that popular during that time."

"Well, nevertheless, you can put it that way. It's Facebook time. Now, what's on your mind?"

I sighed in defeat, "Everything you told me still haunts me so much. It's like I'm being tortured."

"Was it really because of the things that I told you or it's really because of the things you have thought of to address them?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're still thinking of revenge, aren't you?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Yuri, let me tell you something."

"..."

"Revenge will never do something good for you. Look at me, I sought vengeance and now what I got return? My wife Anna died, I'm stuck here for the rest of my life, and my only daughter's out there living on her own, making herself suffer in damnation."

I breathed deeply, "I know that. It's just... No matter how much I try to convince myself not to, I just couldn't control my mind to not think that way."

"Well... maybe all you need is just another motivation in life."

"Another motivation?"

"Yeah, that, once you'll get out of here, your Tiffany's there waiting for you. It will just be 8 years, you know."

I smiled bitterly, "8 years... yeah, right."

"Kid, by that time, Henry will be already in fifties. He'll nearly be extinct. And who knows? Maybe he'll get a terminal disease too within 8 years. By then, you and Tiffany will be free. Divorce is already legal, remember?"

"I don't really know how your mind works, pops. You're casually talking about the death of others. Seriously?"

"At least, I am not the type who kills innocent people."

"..."

"..."

"Pops."

"Yeah?"

"Acceptance... Forgiveness... You said those are what I need. Tell me..." I looked at him. "Does that include Henry too?"

"..."

"Are you saying I have to accept all of these things happened to my life and forgive Henry for everything that he has done? Like, it was just NOTHING to me?"

"...Yes."

I scoffed, "Now, that's bull." I stood up and walked back and forth, trying to calm myself down.

"Yuri."

"So, you're expecting me to do that?!"

He stood up and went near me, "Yes. I know it's hard. But, Yu--"

"The , what do you think of me?!"

"Yuri."

"I am not God, Pops. I am not!"

"..."

I shed tears. "I am just a human, a ing human! I can be hurt, I can hate! I can never forget the pain forever!"

"Yuri..."

"ing bull. You know what I really am thinking right now?"

"..."

"I am thinking-- about how happy he is right now... About how happy are they! While me, I'm ing suffering alone in this ty place when I'm not supposed to be!" I grabbed him on his shirt. "I've been wronged by all of them in my whole ing life!"

"..."

"..."

"I know it's hard... I know... This is all my fault."

"No. It is not your fault. It's his ing fault!"

"No... I shouldn't have told you everything. I shouldn't be dragging you in my own mistakes. Now, I just drove you to embrace vengeance too..."

"..."

And for the first time, I witnessed tears fallen from his eyes. "Just like how I... drove my daughter away."

I loosened my grip on him. "S-sir Vincent, are you okay?" I guided him back to the bench. "Sir Vincent?"

"What have I done...?" he uttered, still continued on crying.

"..."

"I poisoned the mind of my dear Jessica. I told her the truth... I thought it will be the right thing. And now, you."

"Sir..."

"All I ever wanted was... for you and her to understand why the two of you should never resort to revenge."

"I... I thought you convinced her to--"

"See...? Even you thought it that way too..."

"..."

"It was almost a year since she visited me. I thought she had forgotten about me. I then felt so... alone... But, when she visited me two months ago, I felt so happy. She didn't forget me at all. Yet, due to me being overwhelmed by the feeling, I-- I lost my mask, the mask of lies that I've been showing her for so long. Because of my own sadness, she had seen through my lies. I had no choice but to tell her everything..."

"So, wh-where did she go then?"

"She went to track down the witness who testified against me."

"So, you're saying, there was another person there on that unoccupied building?"

"Yes.... That person saw everything that happened. But despite that, he bent the truth."

"Who was he?"

"It's Kim Jongin, the second eldest son of Kim Junsu. In which, I know enough, he will never try to bend the truth on his own."

"What do you mean?"

"I knew he was a good man. So, I just had a feeling someone poisoned his mind to testify against me."

"Did Jessica know about this?"

"No. I didn't tell her. Fortunately, her mind blocked everything else after I mentioned the involvement of Kim Jongin. Because if she did find out about it, she might get into more trouble. I don't want her to clash against a powerful person someday. Who knows what that may lead her to...? It maybe is enough for now that she's just going against Jongin..."

"Do you already have a clue who?"

He shook his head. "No, not even a tiny bit..."

"It might be Henry too, though."

"It was not him."

"H-how can you be so sure? He's the root of--"

"I am sure."

"..."

"Henry knew nothing about my involvement with the Kwons until now. The proof? He's been helping me out here through General Seo. In his eyes, we're still good friends."

"Then, who will it be...?"

"I don't know... All I'm just sure is, he's a very powerful person capable of bending the law in his hands."

"..."

He looked at me. "I don't want Jessica to be in big trouble. I don't want her life to be at risk. And so are yours too. That is why, I insisted her to marry you. In that case, you two will be out of the enemies' eyes completely. Live a happy family life together, that's all I wanted for you to be. You may say, you don't love each other. But, remember, your mom and dad used to be just friends like how you are with my daughter right now. And see? They lived peacefully together with full of love and joy."

"But, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter