The Grand Return of the Queen of Grumpiness

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a random thing... In case you guys wanted to listen for some goooood, soothing and too much emotional, tear-jerking ballads, maybe you guys should try to listen to some of Little Mix's underrated songs like "These Four Walls", "Lightning", "Love me or Leave Me", "Turn Your Face", and "Nobody Like You". Actually, there's too many to mention. They're just so good. So gooood~ Trust me, I've been listening to them and their songs have been my inspiration for writing season 4 [especially with Tiffany here ;) ], that you might acquire a clue on what's gonna happen next with merely by listening to their songs. Lol. Okay, okay, I know I sounded like fan-girling so much that I even tend to advertise them here. xD

Anyway, hope you enjoy this new chap! Gosh, you don't know how much the raining comments have made me so happy. Keep them coming, 'kay!

 

 

Tiffany POV

"Sunkyu." I called his name as I knocked on his bedroom door. Still the same as for two hours past in the morning of 6th of August, he still hasn't come out of his room and didn't bother to respond to my calling.

I sighed and knocked again. "Sunkyu. Your Yoong-hyung and I will be going out for lunch with Sooyoung and Sunny. Do you want to come?"

...

"We'll be leaving in twenty minutes. Please respond."

...

Yoong came out of the guest room beside Sunkyu's. "You should take that as a no." he snapped as he carried his tools out and put them back to the stock room. Apparently, I requested Yoong to also install a CCTV camera at Sunkyu's window, in view of his bedroom inside. Hoping Kyu won't get to notice it, though. Anyway, we previously placed CCTV cameras all over the house just to ensure if we won't be around, Sunkyu won't be doing anything reckless alone. Yoong hid them quite well though. It's like you won't really notice there is one.

"Sunkyu." I called again. *Sigh*. This isn't working.

"Just leave him be." Yoong snapped again when he came back in the living room. He sat on the couch and started to get busy on his laptop, probably fixing the network connectivity of the newly installed CCTV camera to the central server we also bought to serve as a repository for the footages.

"What was he doing there?"

"Lying on his bed. Staring at the ceiling."

I went near and asked nervously, "Are you sure he's just staring? What if---"

He continued on focusing on his laptop as he responded, "Do not worry much. He's breathing. His chest is moving. Sometimes he blinks too."

"Thank goodness..." I sighed in relief. "Do you think he'll be fine if we leave him alone?"

"Yeah. I guess he really just needs some time alone."

"He has always been like that. He's always alone."

"Perhaps, he needs more time."

"Yoong."

He finally looked at me and sighed, "Fany-yah, please. Calm yourself down. Your son isn't foolish enough to do stupid things."

I sat beside him lifelessly. "I don't know my son anymore. I freaking haven't got a decent conversation with him for almost four years. You can't just take my worry away that easy."

He focused back on configuring the CCTV connection. "I'm sure he's still in the right mind. Because if he isn't, he won't be giving a damn on his own studies, his own health. He'll just become a problem child and destroy his own life. BUT, he didn't." He looked at me and smiled. "So, don't worry about it, okay?"

I looked away and shook my head, "I'm still worried."

"Well, worriment for her son can never be removed from a mother." Then, he closed his laptop. "There. Done." He picked up my iPad and opened the CCTV streaming application. "Okay, everything's working. Let's go."

"I think we should just stay."

He sighed, "Fany-yah, Sooyoung insisted that no one will dare to ditch on this day. He'll surely kill us and haunt us on our bedroom every night if we do."

I looked at him in disbelief. "Haunt us on our bedroom? Really?"

"He specifically mentioned that, you know." He handed me the iPad. "Look. He's all okay. He's just reading now."

"Well, that could be a book of guidelines for suicide or something."

He chuckled, "That's his Chemistry book."

"How did you know?"

"I monitored and memorized everything inside his room, okay. I'm careful in leaving fingerprints, though. One time, I saw in one CCTV footage, he examined one of his books for fingerprints while we were gone." He then grinned. "But, nonetheless, I always keep everything around here in check, actually. See how lucky you are to have a perfect boyfriend like me?"

I chuckled. I went closer and hugged him. "Thank you so much for being a good father to him." I rested my head on his chest and sighed. "Even though he's grudging on you like a lot."

"Well, I know he's a good kid. Yuri-hyung taught him so well. And so did you when you finally came to his life. I'm sure enough I'm the only one he hates now and I think that's fine."

I looked at him. "And why is that fine?"

His eyes narrowed. He smirked, "He's trying to outsmart me. That's why he's doing his best to improve himself." He nodded and smiled triumphantly. "And someday, he'll get to be successful on kicking me out of this house."

"You are weird. Why are you happy with that?"

He looked at me in disbelief. "I gave your son an inspiration, you know."

"And it's not even a good type of inspiration." I broke away from him. "My son should never resort to vengeance or something. That's so unhealthy."

"He'll get tired someday. He'll never get to beat me, anyway."

"You are too childish, don't you know that? You're competing with a kid who is more than ten years younger than you."

He grinned, "I know I am. But, just so you know, there's no age in competition."

I laughed, "Wow. Yoong. Didn't you just complain on me that Yuri's six months older than you so you were deemed at disadvantage in the first place?"

"My battle with Yuri-hyung was exception to the rule. We're battling in almost and in totally equal terms: IN EVERYTHING. It's the most ideal scenario in competing with someone."

Seriously, this guy, he's more childish than my son.

I sighed loudly, "Whatever." I returned my focus to the CCTV viewing app. "I think this is good enough of a view. Thanks."

"Uhuh. Kiss please."

I looked at him boringly. I then surrendered and just gave him a kiss on the lips. "There. Paid."

"No, that's just partial." He wiggled his eyebrows as he stared at me in erted manner. "Tonight, okay?"

"Alright. Alright." I put the iPad inside my bag and stood up. "Let's go."

He then looked at his phone and stood. "Okay, just in time, our three security staffs are in their position."

"You're really serious on deploying three of our staffs here on our unit’s floor?"

"Yeah. What will be the use of CCTVs if there won't be an immediate response team available in case of emergency?"

"Okay. I admit. You're damn hella smart and it's becoming annoying."

He chuckled, "Finally."

"Wait. I'll just go bid goodbye to Kyu."

"Sure. I'll wait for you outside. I'll just talk to our staffs." he said and went out of the unit.

I went back in front of Sunkyu's bedroom door and knocked again as I called, "Sunkyu. Sweetie?" I positioned my ear very close to the door.

...

"We'll be going now, okay? I already cooked your lunch. You can just reheat it later if you'll be hungry, okay? There are still food left from the breakfast I prepared earlier. If you're really, really hungry, you can just reheat them too."

...

"Frowning can really make someone hungry, you know."

...

"I left money on the TV stand. If you're really, really, really, really hungry, just go order some food, okay?"

I heard him groaned and uttered in whisper, "Aiishhh-- umma, seriously?"

I chuckled softly. "We'll be going now."

...

"I love you."

...

"I love you, sweetie."

...

"I lo--"

"Just go already!" he shouted, sounding really annoyed.

"I love you so much, sweetie."

...

"Do you love me too?"

"Whatever!"

"I take that as a yes, okay?"

"ARGGHH-- JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I smiled in relief. I think he is going to be fine.

Yoong suddenly snapped from our front door, "That's gotta be the longest goodbye I ever heard in my life. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter