Formulation and Confirmation of Relationships

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

The four of us, me, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Yoong, are alone inside the restaurant of the hotel I'm currently staying at. The whole place is reserved by Hyoyeon for our so-called 'reunion'. She and Jessica decided to give us space for a while, though. Like, you know, sort of a 'boys' talk?

"Whew. Now that sure was a rough start of our reunion, huh?" Sooyoung snapped.

"Uggghhhhhhhhh..." Taeyeon mumbled as he places an ice pack on the side of his jaw where Yoong punched him.

I chuckled, "Yeah, it sure was. I somehow expected that will happen, anyway."

"Uggghhhhhhhhh..." Tae mumbled again.

Sooyoung chuckled too, "Yeah, right. It will always be the same perhaps even in the future too. You know..." He then winked awkwardly.

"Uggghhhhhhhhh..."

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean, huh?!" Yoong shouted in a complaint.

"Uggghhhhhhhhh..."

"You are always hot-headed, man! Of course, this will always happen!" Sooyoung shouted.

"Uggghhh------"

"Yah, Taeyeon!" Sooyoung shouted in annoyance. "Will you ing stop that?!"

Taeyeon glared at him and responded, "You don't know how much it hurts, okay!"

Soo pointed at me. "Yuri was more hurt than you and he's not making horrible sounds. Unlike you!"

"He got high tolerance for pain and I do not!" He then went back to his horrible mumbling. "Uggghhhhhhhhh..."

Sooyoung sighed loudly. Then, he looked at Yoong. "Can you punch him on the other side this time?"

Yoong chuckled and responded, "It will be my pleasure."

Tae quickly uttered. "Okay! Okay! I'll stop!" He then mumbled in a whisper. "It really hurts so much... You didn't even say sorry to me, you ..."

Yoong glared at him. "I will never say sorry to you. You know well enough the sin you have done."

Tae responded, "Alright! I get it. Whatever!" He then rolled his eyes away and mumbled in a whisper again. "It's not like I had a choice that time..."

"What are you guys talking about exactly?" I snapped. "I see nothing wrong with Taeyeon knowing earlier than anybody else. It's the same weight compared to when Jessica knew about me being alive just months ago, anyway."

And the three looked at me weirdly.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

Sooyoung suddenly redirected the topic. "Alright. Enough of the nonsense chit chat. Let's settle everything first before continuing this meeting." He then glanced over the three of us. "So, we're all good, right?"

"What do you mean?" the three of us asked back.

He sighed, "Like good 'good'. No more hidden grudge against each other, right? 'Cus you know... man... I miss us four. I really, really, really, really do miss us four!"

...

"Don't you remember the good old times? The four of us just hanging out and doing nothing... playing our favorite console games together... pulling off pranks... hitting on girls except Yul who just played as our wingman back then... our own rock band---"

"That never happened, Soo." Tae butted in.

"What do you mean not? We---"

Tae then shouted, "We were supposed to form a rock band but you decided to stop it because you can't even play a single instrument, Sooyoung!"

Sooyoung groaned. "Fine." He then went back to the topic. "So... our almost formation of a rock band... getting back against our college seniors... having unexpected gang wars around the city... What else? Right. Bullying Yuri on his delusional thoughts of his dream girl... Come on. Don't you guys miss those times?"

...

He sighed deeply, "The girls destroyed us, guys… How could this happen to us?!"

"Yah! Don't blame Tiffany over this!" Yoong rebutted.

"I'm not singling out Tiffany, man! I meant all those girls! They're the death of us!" He suddenly thought of something. "Wait. It does make sense, though. The chaos happened when Tiffany came into our lives. We were all okay when it was only Jessica and Hyoyeon who were around."

"Why you er?!!!" Yoong suddenly stood and was about to attack Sooyoung.

I quickly had myself in between and pushed Yoong back to his seat. "Calm down, Yoong. Control your temper."

"But, he's being an idiot!"

"I was just making a point!" Sooyoung shouted back. "Look. Because of her, Yuri and I fought which the first time it ever happened. Then, you and Yuri too and it was like the worst fight you guys had, like ever! It's us three, man. And who knows? Maybe it will be Yuri and Taeyeon's turn someday."

Yoong stood up again and tried to push me away for him to get into Soo. "You ing idiot! I'm really going to kill you now!"

"Yoong, calm down." I snapped.

He complained at me. "But, he's being too unfair to Tiffany!"

"Well, you can't blame him! It kinda looked like it was all because of her!"

"Wh-what?! What the fu---"

"I'm not saying it's all her fault, okay! I'm just saying Sooyoung just merely analyzed the situation stupidly."

Taeyeon suddenly chuckled and uttered dreamily, "Now, I can't wait for my turn~"

"Shut up!" Yoong shouted at him and glared. "Tiffany's mine. Back off and never get your hopes up! You and her will never happen!"

"Well, you can't say that! In another universe or whatever planet, I'm sure TaeNy is real!"

"TaeNy?" Soo uttered in question. "What the hell was that?"

"TaeNy: Taeyeon & Tiffany. That's our ship, man." He then grinned toothily. "And we're like the greatest couple out there."

We all looked at him in disgust. Soo then uttered, "Man... You are crazy."

"What? Can't a guy dream?"

"Okay, that's enough." I uttered. "We're all going off-topic here. Yoong, control your temper. Sooyoung, stop with the unnecessary comments. And you, Taeyeon, just stop with your erted thoughts."

"I wasn't thinking of anything ert with that!"

I ignored him and stated again. "Stop."

Yoong and I then sat back to our seats. Sooyoung then continued, "So, are we all good?" He looked at Taeyeon. "Midget. You first."

"I'm all okay. Despite the hurtful punch, I'm still completely okay with you guys."

I butted, "Really, huh?"

He glared at me, "I don't ing care if you're dating my ex-girlfriend now, okay. Stop being paranoid."

"Alright, that's enough." Soo interfered. "You, Yuri?"

"What?"

"Any thoughts in mind like bad blood deep inside that you wanted to release? Or hidden grudge?"

"Why would I have one?"

"Well... You know... because Yoong's dating Tiffany now? And he's about to marry her too?"

"I don't see any problem with that."

"Oh. Alright. So you're good, right?"

"Yeah."

Taeyeon suddenly butted, "Wait. How about you, Soo? Are you no longer mad on Yul? You know? Because he was almost successful on sleeping with Hyoyeon???"

Sooyoung pursed his lips as he glared over Taeyeon. Then, he glared at me. "Almost slept together?"

"Err---"

"Oh! I see!" Yoong snapped in as he looked at me. "I remember now. You're that businessman Hyoyeon was talking about months ago!" He then chuckled, "You are ing sick, hyung. Hyoyeon noona was like our bro too."

"Wow. Yoong. You talk as if you never had thoughts on hitting on Hyoyeon before."

"Wh-what? I did not!"

"Hah! The first time you joined our gang, you asked me if Hyoyeon was dating anyone! You were even looking at her ertedly during our first year in college."

Sooyoung looked at him in disbelief, "What the , Yoong?!"

Yoong then glared at me and shouted, "What the hell, hyung?! H-how could you put the spotlight on me?! It was you who almost slept with Hyoyeon-noona and not me! I was just looking from afar!"

"Arghhh--- that's enough!" Sooyoung shouted. "Enough of the talks about my girlfriend. Alright. I will put all your attempts and thoughts about my girl behind. I'm all okay. All good." He then looked at Yoong. "How about you, man?"

"I'm okay with you." Yoong answered.

"And with Taeyeon?"

He sighed, "Yeah... I think so..."

"Not 'I think so', man! Give a definite answer!"

"Fine." He sighed louder. "With Taeyeon-hyung too."

"And with Yuri?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Yah, Yoong. Answer me."

He gazed away. "I'm not completely okay with him."

"Gee, man. Stop being a killjoy!"

He then glared at Soo. "I'm still mad, Soo."

Sooyoung didn't respond and they just engaged in a battle of staring. Afterwards, Sooyoung sighed in defeat and continued to ask, "What percent?"

"Fifty percent. Just fifty percent 'okay'."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?!"

"Because of Jessica?"

"Why the hell would my fifty be about Jessica?!"

"Because Yuri got her 'yes'?"

"Well, I got Tiffany's 'yes'!"

I butted, "Well, I got Stephanie's 'yes' too. Remember that day? I proposed to her through the phone, man, and she said yes to me too."

He glared at me in return and I just responded with a grin.

"Okay, that's enough!" Soo butted again. He looked at Yoong. "So, what's the fifty about?"

Yoong glared at him. "About Tiffany, of course!"

"So, what should Yuri do to win back your fifty?"

"Nothing..." He looked away.

"..."

"..."

"So, time will tell, right?"

"I guess so..."

"But for now, you can still tolerate being with him casually, right? Like, you know, normal hangout?"

"Yeah, I think so..."

"Hmmm... Alright. That settles it then. We're all good." Sooyoung smiled in relief and breathed deeply. "The four musketeers are back!"

"So uhhhmmm... should we hug or something?" Taeyeon asked and well shook our heads. "Alright. No hug."

Sooyoung then snapped again, "So, how about we start with giving updates on our lives since 2013? You know... it's for all of us to catch up with each other."

"Okay, sure." Taeyeon responded. "But, we should do it differently. Let another speak for another to avoid any masking of information. What you think?"

Sooyoung grinned at him mischievously. "Yeah. That seems awesome. I'll start." He then looked at Yoong. "Yoong got disowned by his father and was kicked out from their home. His money, wealth, and everything else were stripped off. He started living alone and supported his own self at around mid-January 2013."

I butted, "Wait. So, he got disowned? Why?"

"For the reason that no one hell knows. Until now, we heard nothing from Im Minhyuk."

Hmmm... Could it be that he found out about it too???

Sooyoung then continued, "So, afterwards, we were all aware of Tiffany's situation on that same year, right? Well, Yoong focused on trying to help her out. Well, surprisingly, she got better and I think it's mostly because of him. Yeah, it was also because of her family too. But, I think he contributed a lot. Because if he wasn't, Tiffany wouldn't even say yes on dating him, right? They just started to date officially at around July 2013, I think?" He looked at Yoong. "Am I right?"

"Yeah. July 13." Yoong answered.

Sooyoung then continued. "So, afterwards, he continued his degree, graduated with honors, topped his board exam, worked afterwards in an audit firm, then, recruited by Sir Henry to head a subsidiary of HGC. Then, throughout the whole four years, he struggled on winning Sunkyu's heart. He's been a subject of numerous pranks. Damn. I witnessed them all myself and that kid was even worse than him when it comes to pranking people." He chuckled. Then, he immediately asked, "But you know what constantly happened to him for the past four years? The most highlight of everything?"

"What?" Taeyeon and I asked back.

He smirked mischievously as he answered, "Yoong experienced the longest drought in his life."

"Huh?"

"Tiffany deprived him of for their three years of relationship! Hahahahahahahahahah! It was so freaking funny!"

"It wasn't funny, Sooyoung!" Yoong complained.

"Sorry, man. It's just... Damn, Yoong. You survived four years of no ?! Hahahahaha! You?! Yoong?! Out of all people?! Hahahahah!"

All of a sudden, Yoong stood up and rushed towards Sooyoung so fast. He grabbed the latter by his collar. "It's not funny, Sooyoung." he stated again, this time, in a very serious manner.

Sooyoung looked straight into his eyes and was like as if he realized what the former has been pertaining to. "Right. It wasn't..." he uttered sadly. "I-- I'm sorry, man... I didn't mean it..."

"What are you guys talking about?" Taeyeon snapped in. "It was freaking funny! Hahahahahah! It's like you were given a chocolate but can never be permitted to remove its wrapper! Hahahaha!"

They didn't respond, though. They just looked too sad and somewhat depressed too. Yoong just sat back to his seat silently. Taeyeon then noticed the weird atmosphere and stopped from laughing. He looked away awkwardly.

I then broke the ice and asked Yoong. "So, throughout those years, you didn't satisfy yourself with another woman, right?"

"Yes... I can never cheat on her. I vowed to myself that I will love and cherish only her and no one else. It didn't matter to me if she'll make me wait forever."

"I see..."

"But, you're already successful in that aspect, right?" Taeyeon asked. "I mean, you already uhhmmm... you know... that?"

Yoong then finally smiled, "Yeah. We finally did it months ago. It was all good then... Back to healthy life for us."

"Congratulations, man."

"Thanks." He then asked. "So... it's my turn, right?" We all nodded. Then, he started, "Just to summarize Sooyoung's life for the past four years... he's happy. That's it."

"Yah! Make it at least interesting!" Sooyoung complained.

"Fine." Yoong sighed loudly and continued. "Like Soo mentioned, he's also been busy on taking care of Tiffany too on 2013. You two are aware that Hyoyeon left the country last 2012 and never came back, right? We thought she was gone for good but after few months, Tiffany got an email message from her and she found out the former's address. With that, this man right here finally had the guts to get his girl and the same year, they started their long distance relationship. He graduated by the same year too, even before Tiff and I did since we both stopped for a year.  So, then, he's been so happy with his life. It was to the point that he tried to propose to Hyoyeon on their second-year anniversary. He got everything set-up in Bahamas but Hyoyeon turned down his idea of going to Bahamas again to celebrate. So, yeah, that's his freaking reason why he broke up with Hyoyeon in 2015."

Tae asked, "They broke up? Hyoyeon didn't mention about that to us at all. Not even a bit."

"Yeah. Well, it was not a mutual break-up. It was only on Sooyoung's side. He surrendered to her again anyway when she just came back here permanently."

Sooyoung then sighed, "Well, I got no choice. I love her, you know."

"Wow." Taeyeon uttered. "You truly lived happily over the past four years, huh?"

"Yeah. Lucky me, I guess?"

I then snapped in, "So, it's my turn to tattle on Taeyeon, right?"

"Yup." they all answered.

"Hmm... Let's see... Taeyeon continued his studies in California. After he graduated, he joined SKY. I say he's been successful as my subordinate over the years. Though sometimes, he got lapses on his work which is somewhat natural on Taeyeon, I think."

"Wow, man." Taeyeon looked at me boringly. "Just wow."

"Shut it and let me continue. So... on his love life... he told me he never entered into a relationship after his third break-up with Jessica. You know? The last one when she suffered from mild memory loss...? So, then, he's been single for the past four years. However, he was still having a very active life." I then smirked. "And you who has been his partner over the years?"

"Who?" Soo and Yoong asked.

"Seo Joohyun."

"EHHHHHHHH???" the both uttered as they looked at Taeyeon in disbelief and shock.

Taeyeon sighed loudly. "Yeah. Yeah. It was just for physical intimacy, okay. No more, no less."

"Just her?" Soo asked. "You never engaged with anyone else, right?"

"Yup. It was our agreement. Exclusivity."

"Then, she was freaking your girlfriend!"

"No! It was a different thing, man! We share no romantic feelings! Just ! Pure !" He then quickly redirected, "Anyway, it's my turn! So for Yuri's four years, he's been a ing ! The greatest of all!"

"Yah, Taeyeon!" I shouted.

"Shut up, man! It's my turn!" He then continued quickly. "He freaking started to become a player, a playboy, a boy, man! He's been sleeping with different girls each and every night for almost two years. Then, he met Krystal again and they dated for a year. Afterwards, she broke up with him because she cheated on him. Then, you know what happened next? He went back to sleeping with random girls again. Good thing, Jessica came back to his life and he has gotten straighten up again. Seriously, if you two were there the whole time, you can never imagine yourself if he's the same Yuri before or not. He's bloody hell worse than us three combined on banging girls!"

Sooyoung then smiled at me weirdly. "Man..." He sighed deeply. "You make me proud."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter