A Usual Morning of a Very Unusual Family

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Excited for the reunion? Me too. XD But, yeah...I just feel like writing this one and the next, of course. (Yes, this is a double update!) Better enjoy the last days before, you know... *wink-wink*

 

Tiffany POV

It's a very bright Sunday morning of the 9th of October, 2016. Here I am, just parked my car in front of a cafe few blocks far from the Hwang manor and was about to head out of the vehicle. Due to losing from rock-paper-scissors, I've been tasked to buy beverages for my family. Well, apparently, my son Sunkyu decided to open a store in the garage of our manor. So, because of that, my mom, dad, Yoong, and I decided to help him out on prepping up his store.

Oh. Just a heads up, he's selling the prizes I won from the shooting range of the amusement park we went to weeks ago. Oh. And by the way, he happened to drag me again to two more amusement parks and four more arcades to sweep off their prizes. Yes, he has lots of stock items now that's why he just decided to open the store only by today.

Well, anyways, as I headed inside the cafe, it was again a déja vu experience for me...

Have you ever experienced getting video-recorded by a random stranger, afterwards, he or she posted it online then it went viral and suddenly in your life, everyone's eyes are on you and they're all talking about you randomly? Well, I'm not talking about a scandal or something, okay.

Anyway, that experience, as I was saying, happened to me. Someone posted my shooting game exhibit video online and it went viral all over the World. It was even in 9gag. Damn it!

Wait, again, I am not talking about a video, okay! Yes, yes, I have one nasty video with Yuri five years ago but I am not pertaining to that. What I meant is the exhibition I made on playing that shooting game my son forced me to two weeks ago.

So, because of that freaking video, I've been subject to hearsay, judgments, comments, accusations and even silly studies. Yes, there may be lots of praises and positive comments, it even had me acquired a fandom of my own, but, this experience was really, really horrible. Wherever I go, I've been getting all the attention of the people around. Not to mention, lots of reporters successfully found out my real identity and started to bug me too. My staffs, even my executives, started to look at me differently from then on too. It was like they feared my weird ability. Oh. Lots of articles popped out too and they're like, accusing me of being a secret spy or an assassin or something and much more, but, the worst one, I was accused of being associated with the Illuminati!

Gosh. This is so damn annoying. When will I ever be freed from this unwanted attention?!

 

I headed for the counter. The cashier didn't even greet me nor utter a word as he's been shocked at seeing me. Nonetheless, I gave him my order. And yes, he still didn't budge.

"Uhhmmm, Sir? Did you get my order?" I snapped him out.

He finally answered, "Y-y-yes, can you repeat it, ma'am?"

I shrugged and just repeated my order. Yet, throughout the whole time, he looked nervous and clumsy. The silent and awkward atmosphere continued in the cafe as I wait for my order at the side of the counter. Everyone inside seemed to stop and just stared at me. It was like a weirdly annoying mannequin challenge, really.

I moved a little and they all got startled. *Sigh*. I guess that's it. Time for me to not ignore this.

"Uhhmm, excuse me?" I snapped.

...

I chuckled, "You can all relax. Get back to what are you doing. I don't have a gun here with me. See?" I raised my hands. Coincidentally my eyes traveled to the security guard who happened to possess a gun. Yet, as soon as he noticed my eyes, he held the gun back, gripped it tightly as he glared at me.

I faked a chuckle, "Oh. Alright, mister. I won't be taking that. I am harmless."

Thank goodness, my order was finally done. Immediately, I started to head out of the cafe. Yet... due to my uhhhmmm... great mind, I turned around to face everyone inside. I smirked at them and quickly raised my hand pointing my finger up. And yeah, it was so funny. They all ducked down.

"So long! Have a great day, everyone!" I bid and headed for my car.

Damn those judgmental freaks... Aaisshh--- They all adored me at first now, they're all scared of me?! Really?!

 

---

 

"Now, why are you looking so grumpy?" Yoong asked as I arrived at the garage of the manor.

I sighed loudly, "Unwanted attention. Again."

He chuckled and helped me out on the drinks. "Wasn't that supposed to give you a positive vibe instead?" He then handed them out to everyone.

"Positive vibe? Really? They were all scared of me, Yoong!"

He laughed loudly, "Don't be too paranoid, Tiff. It might just be on your mind."

"They have the reason to get scared." Sunkyu snapped. "If I didn't really know umma, I might have run away from her myself."

"Wow. Thank you very much, my dear loving son. That's a very, very consoling statement."

"What? I'm just being honest, umma."

Dad suddenly laughed too as he was busy on snooping on Sunkyu's merchandise, "You know, Stephanie? You have never made me so proud of being your father until this sharpshooter viral video of yours." He stood up and faced me while holding a board game. "If only I knew you were that much talented, I could have assigned you, instead, in my murder schemes." and he laughed so evilly, too evilly to the point it was really, really annoying. Yeah, we all just ended up looking at him in disbelief.

"Yah. Jaejoong!" Mom shouted in fury. "How could you joke around about that, huh?!"

"What? Your daughter's an extremely talented shooter. It was a compliment."

I butted in, "Murder scheme? Really?"

"Yup." He nodded proudly. "You'll be a great assassin, my dear. It's not too late. You can still pursue that career. I still have lots on my list for you to kill."

"Just shut the hell up with your stupid jokes, Jae. Don't ever try to have our daughter be involved in your murderous acts. Do it by yourself." Mom said and sighed loudly. She just went back focusing on the book she's reading.

Wow, mom. Really? And, you're even into talking about murder and stuff with dad casually?!

I glanced at Yoong. He happened to be shocked over how casual the conversation about murder has become. He looked somewhat ridiculed and a little bit scared about it too. I chuckled, "Yah. Yoong. Man up. It was all just a joke."

He then whispered to me, "You know what? I don't know if you really bear a Hwang surname or this is really the Addams family in disguise."

"Shut up and just do your work, chicken."

"Yes, master. I sure don't wanna get killed by a headshot just yet. So, roger that." He went back sorting the stuff toys section.

"Yah, halapoji. Why are you carrying that chess board game?" Sunkyu snapped.

Dad glared at him. "I'm taking this one. It's mine."

"What?! That's my merchandise! If you want it, go pay for it!"

"Hah! You've been using my garage without my consent and you expect me to pay?!"

"Well, I have the right to use this garage whatever, however, and whenever I want!"

"What?! I own this house, kiddo! This is my property!"

"Umma is your only legitimate child and only heir as of this moment AND I am her ONLY SON! So, technically and ultimately, I own this house!"

Dad was too dumbfounded to react. And, also, with that statement of his, Mom laughed loudly and uttered, "Gosh. That sure is a throwback. Who would have thought he's going to say the same to you too?"

Dad glared at her.

She noticed him and just suddenly cleared . "I mean, I'm pertaining to this book I'm reading." Quickly, she turned around and pretended to focus back on reading.

Dad shrugged it off and just redirected back to my son. "Kid, I will be taking this board game as your form of payment for the rent of the garage. You have no choice." He then pointed at one of the hover board boxes. "And, also, that one."

"WHAT?! That's more expensive than that board game! Take something else!"

"No way!"

Suddenly, they both raced towards the box and they fought for it like in a tug of war. Dad then glared at Yoong and shouted, "Yah. Aren't you gonna help me out?!"

He was about to help dad out when suddenly Sunkyu butted, "If you will not help me, Yoong-hyung, I will take back my approval on you marrying my umma!"

Dad retorted, "If you will not help me, I will not allow you to marry my daughter!"

Yoong looked so confused and frustrated. I couldn't help but chuckle on his state, though. I then earned a glare from him and I immediately pretended to be busy sweeping the floor with a broom.

He looked back to the two, "Restroom. I am going to the restroom."

"Yah, Yoong!"

"Yah, Yoong-hyung! Get back here!"

"Sunkyu, just give it to him." My mom snapped.

"But, halmunee!" he complained.

"Let him have it. He never had a toy when he was young. Pity your grandfather."

"Oh. Poor you." Sunkyu mocked and forcefully pushed the box towards Dad. He just went back arranging his other merchandise. Dad just ended up glaring over mom and the latter, of course, was just staring back at him and smirking mischievously. Afterwards, though, he shrugged it in the end and quickly opened the box. He rode the hover board and started swirling around the area happily and excitedly like a little choding.

*Sigh*. Dad's really, really too weird.

Sunkyu looked at him in complete disbelief. He then went near me. "Look at halapoji. He's too much childish! Now, I just suffered early losses right even before I opened my store!"

I patted his back. "Just let him be. Pity your grandfather, Kyu."

"Pfft. How could a wealthy man like him unable to afford a hover board?"

I asked back, "How could a grandson of a wealthy man like him still bother to open up a store like this for a small profit?"

He looked at me disbelievingly, "Umma, we got these merchandises almost for free! Our only expenses were our entrance fee, spare coins for the shooting game, and gasoline! Then, what? We can sell these all for profit from such a small cost!"

"Err-- yeah, but I could have given you money instead, you know."

"These are self-earned, umma." He held my hands together. "We earned a profit just because of your insanely crazy talent of yours. And you don't know how much you make me feel proud being your son."

I looked at him boringly, "Wow. So, you're really serious on this, huh?"

"Yeah." he answered and nodded.

Yoong finally got back in the garage and found my dad swirling around with his new hover board. He stared at him looking so jealous of it. Then, he glanced over one of the hoverboards for sale and returned his gaze to dad. He looked so cute. It was like he's almost pouting.

"Hey, Yoongie!" I called.

He snapped out and went near me. He uttered, "How could dad have a hover board? Did he buy it from Kyu?"

"Nope. He snatched it."

"And Sunkyu just agreed?" he asked, slightly pouting.

"Well, err--- mom told him to give it away."

He looked back to the merchandise and frowned.

"Do you want one?" I asked.

He looked at me, "Will you win one for me?"

"Err--- I'm putting a stop on this modus of Kyu so, no. I will no longer come back to playing those games for now."

He pouted then focused back on looking over the merchandise. *Sigh*. Another choding.

"Sunkyu." I called.

"Yeah, umma?"

"Can you also give your Yoong-hyung a hover board too?"

"Huh?! No way!" He then glared at Yoong. Quickly, the latter looked away and whistled innocently.

I sighed loudly, "Just give it to your hyung. You've been rude to him for so long. Make that as your reconciliation gift."

"Aissshhh--- you are giving me more losses, umma!"

"That's the fruits of my labor, Kyu. Technically and ultimately, I have the last word to decide on what to do on those prizes. Now, give your Yoong-hyung a hoverboard."

"Arghhh-- Fine!"

And with that, Yoong smiled widely like it was from ear to ear. He excitedly picked a color of a hover board he wanted. Then, when he finally picked one, he quickly scrapped its box away and started to ride the board. Just like my dad, he started swirling around the area and even went out to the road of the street.

Well... Now, however, another choding looked too jealous of the two. Sunkyu.

I sighed, "Go play with your hover board. Mom and I will manage the store for you until your Sunny-noona arrives."

He smiled at me widely. Then, quickly he went inside the manor to get his toy. Afterwards, he went out of the house, already riding the board. "Umma! Don't ever sell the items lower than what's indicated on their price tags, okay! Don't ever give away anything too! I have all those items accounted!" he shouted. He then headed to join my dad and Yoong on their silly swirling game on the road.

I ended up just watching the three playing and sat beside my mom. Just like me, she just happened to look dumbfounded over what she's witnessing. "Now, what just happened?" she asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

She then looked at dad in disgust, "Look at that old dude. He's already more than a triple of Sunkyu's age, perhaps, even quadruple. Now, he acts as if he's eight."

"Just give dad a break, mom. This is actually a first time for me to see him act like this."

"Gosh. He's always like that on our vacation trips. Soooo annoying..."

"And why are you annoyed over dad again? I thought you two are already okay?"

"Yeah, right. But, your dad's really arrghhhh---" She balled her fists. "He's so annoying! Too prideful!" She looked at me. "Tell me, has he apologized to you yet?"

"Err--- not yet?"

"See?!" She glared back at him. "He's the one that should apologize the most but look at him!"

"It's all okay, mom. It doesn't matter to me if he says sorry or not."

"It does matter, Steph." She sighed loudly. "Don't worry. I will break his neck until he says that word to you."

I chuckled, "Oh okay. Thanks for that, mom."

The three found long sticks they identified as their Light Sabers. Each of them picked one and they started to pretend as Jedi warriors and even made sound effects of light saber fighting through their voices.

Mom laughed loudly as she watched their antics. "You know, with their silliness, no one may try roaming around our street. This little store of your son will go down to the drains."

I chuckled, "But, it could be a good advertisement to our neighbors. They may think we're selling something fun."

"Maybe, we could try invading the toy industry, don't you think?"

"Hmmm. That will be great. I'll assign Yoong to that. He always thinks like a child, anyway."

"And so is your dad." She chuckled too. "Oh. Just assign anyone from those three."

"I will really consider that."

She looked at me, "Seriously?"

"Yeah. Why not? Now that I went viral, I can easily market toy guns."

"Right." She smiled. "That's definitely a great idea."

"Sunkyu will definitely like it. He may really start considering on managing HGC someday."

"Oh. That kid... He's so like you. He doesn't want to inherit the company and just wanted to start his own business by himself."

I sighed, "Sometimes, I do wonder if he's really my son or not."

"Well, does it matter?"

"Hmmm..." I smiled at the thought. "Yeah. It doesn't matter, anyway."

"Well, whether you like it or not, I'm still gonna treat him as my first grandson."

"Yeah, sure." I answered boringly and she just rolled her eyes at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter