When the Heart Knows Where it Belongs

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love Letter for YOU

First things first, I would like to thank everyone who, until now, didn't quit on this story. After 269 chapters, you're all still here. And that makes me feel so touched and so happy. For real, I never expected this fic to get noticed by you guys at all. But, then, look at us, we're going 4 years now. lols. Yes, be noted of the story's anniversary date: March 31, 2013. *sniff-sniff*. Now, I feel like crying. I remember back then I was too nervous on releasing this story that, I kept on bugging my best friend of my paranoia. I never really expected such acceptance from you, dear readers. T___T

Anyways, I know you are all quite confused as to why I'm writing such a very long message for you guys. You see... I'm not forcing anyone to continue on reading this story.

You. Yes, you. You have the freedom to leave this alone. If you don't want to read this anymore then it's your choice. Please... just stop demoralizing me. Stop taking this story personally. I don't hate anyone of you and I will never hate anyone from GG. For your sake, I will reiterate my disclaimer for this story:

"This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author‘s imagination or are used fictitiously."

And, I will quote the foreword here too:

"This is a YulTi fan-fiction about life, love, destiny (and some randomness) brought out from my weird and wild imagination. Let's just all take time, relax, and enjoy the fun! Also, this fic will be very, very too long, I'm not kidding. lol. And yes, it's a gender bender. ;)"

Yes, you read it right.This is a Yulti fic. Stop saying it's not. You're hurting my feelings, you know. And yes, I'm using Jessica here. I'm USING EVERYONE here. I'm using all their names, see? This is a freaking fanfic, okay. If you don't understand how fanfics work then, yes, find another genre to read, dear. ^^

Look... Here's the thing...

I have fallen in love with this story... the characters... the twists... everything. That's why I'm making the most out of it. I'm writing everything as in EVERYTHING that came into my mind without jeopardizing the plot-line of the story. Yes, I have the end already envisioned. I have every upcoming chapters plotted and planned as well. So, now you see why I am already back on track on fast updating? hehehehe. Oh. And also, fun fact: Season 4's actually just 25% complete as of this update. xD

I intended this story to become a cure for my YulTi-deprived heart since 2013. But now, it's more than that. This isn't just a hobby for me now. This fic has been in my life for four freaking years and perhaps counting. I will never leave this alone. I almost quitted before. I lost my will. But then... miraculously, I got the will of fire burning inside me again. So, once again, please stop discouraging me.

Anyways, that's it. Now, enjoy the chapter! ^.^

Love,

J

 

 

 

Tiffany POV

*October-30-2016-Hwang-Murder-House-Halloween-Party*

"Let me guess... It's Taeyeon, isn't it?" I snapped at Jessica.

She sighed loudly, "I don't know..."

We both stared back to Sunny who is until now in her down mood while being consoled by Hyoyeon on the couch. Jessica and I decided to go out the room to discuss some things which may be related to Sunny's dilemma right now.

"You know, maybe we can just ask him straight." I suggested.

"Nope. Not a good idea, Tiff. If Sunny finds out we confronted Taeyeon about this, it may hurt her ego. That's something any woman out there would never want to happen, you know. We're not even exceptions to that."

"Well... you do have a point. We're not actually sure if it's really Taeyeon or not, anyway. Or even if he is, it's not like it can easily be solved if they talked it out."

She sighed again, "You know, to be honest, this is something I can never relate to. I'm always the one given proposals, you know."

That had me laughed loudly, "Hahahahaha~ Damn it, Jessica. You are so full of yourself!"

She chuckled, "What? I'm just stating the truth. So far, I've already got three marriage proposals from three different men."

"Oh yes~ One was from Yoong, right? That extremely extravagant one?"

"Aissshh-- Please, don't bring that up, Fany."

"Why not? It's already in the past, you know."

"Well, that's one of the things I regretted the most."

"..."

She quickly corrected, "No, no. I mean, what I regretted about it is that I should have just broken up with Yoong even before he proposed to me. In that way, his efforts wouldn't be wasted."

I chuckled, "You are really, really defensive. Don't you know that?"

"I am just clarifying things because I don't wanna get ed up by you again. You were kind of a pain in the when you were like that."

"Shut up, Jess." I redirected back the topic. "But, you know, me too. I can never relate to Sunny right now. I'm also in the other way around."

"How many have you gotten so far then?"

"One marriage arrangement with Soo, though I don't know if that's counted, one proposal from Yoong, and probably hundred marriage proposals from Yuri."

She laughed loudly, "Gosh, Tiff. Hundred proposals from Yuri before?"

"He was so persistent back then, you know! We were still in College and he was already too eager on marrying me." I sighed. "But, yeah. That's one thing I regretted the most. I should have said yes from the very beginning."

"What? Do you think it will end differently?"

"..."

"Even if you and Yuri got married before the chaos happened, it will still be the same except for your marriage status: Divorced."

I smiled faintly, "Widowed, you mean..."

"R-right..."

I looked back to Sunny. "You know... Sunny should realize herself that Taeyeon's just part of her past now. She shouldn't have tried to win his heart again. He left her on his own will before. He already didn't choose her. What's the point of asking for his love again?"

She then stated, "The past should never be brought back again. We all have to move on with our lives. We're all destined for someone else. We better not go back to the persons we thought were the ones for us. Sunny should take it from us. We're moving on in our lives and no longer stuck in the past."

"Right."

"Right."

"..."

"..."

"So, that's final, huh?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I see... I want you to be my Maid of Honor then, Jessica."

Suddenly someone chuckled from the outside. Jessica then started to become uneasy and looked all over her Catwoman suit. "Aiishh-- damn that guy..." she mumbled.

"Jessica, is something wrong?"

"H-huh?" She faked a chuckle. "I'm okay. Don't worry.."

"So uhhmm-- are you gonna say yes?"

She stopped from looking over her suit then focused on me. She smiled, "Only if you say yes on becoming my Maid of Honor too."

I smiled back, "Alright. It's a deal."

Hyoyeon went out of the room. "How is she?" Sica asked.

"She said she just wanted to be alone." she answered then looked back to Sunny. The latter's still sitting with her head lowered down, sobbing.

"Is she gonna be okay alone?" I asked.

Sica answered, "Well... I don't think Sunny's a suicidal type so, she's gonna be fine."

We both looked at her in disbelief. I snapped, "Bestie, you're not supposed to joke around with topics like that."

"But, I'm not joking at all."

Hyoyeon sighed and snapped, "Alright. I got this. I'm gonna call my security staff to guard her until maybe the party's over."

"Oh, this party's not gonna get over soon!" A highly drunk Sooyoung snapped as he popped out of the blue. Not to mention, he's holding eight beer bottles with four each in his both hands. "This party's just getting started!!!"

Hyoyeon glared at him first. I thought she's going to become grumpy again yet, I was wrong. Instead, she snatched two beer bottles from him, followed Sooyoung along and shouted excitedly, "LET'S PARRTTTTTTYYYYYYYY!!!"

Jessica and I just ended up looking at each other as they left. I uttered, "Oh well, they're right. The night's too long to become a party pooper."

 

We both headed outside. I saw Yoong who seemed to be searching for someone. I called, "Puddin'!" and I successfully caught his attention.

He headed towards us and quickly held my hands. "Tiffany, I'm so sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to become a jerk, I swear. Batman was right. I was really being an . I shouldn't have stopped from helping Sunny-noona."

"Shhh." I placed a finger in front of his lips. "It's all okay. You don't have to worry about it. It's not really your fault she decided to go all out like that earlier, anyway."

He sighed, "Still, I'm sorry. This is probably due to the liquor kicking into my system. But, I swear I'm completely sober now."

I chuckled, "Hey, it's all okay. Stop saying sorry. Like I said, it's not really your fault." I cupped his face with my hands. "Stop worrying about it."

"So, how is she, by the way?"

"Well, still not good... She said she just wanted to be alone for now, though."

"Uhhmmm... What's going on, then? Why was she acting like that?"

"She proposed to someone and she got rejected. Well, Hyoyeon, Jessica, and I couldn't relate to her problem, so..."

"..."

"Oh! Maybe you can help her out!" I pointed at Sica, "You got rejected by her, right? I'm sure you can give Sunny some advice."

 

Oops.

 

Now, I'm feeling the awkwardness of the atmosphere.

 

Jessica and Yoong started to became uneasy. They both wandered their eyes away. Aisshhh-- Tiffany, you babo! You are really such a blabbermouth.

 

To break the awkward silence, Yoong cleared his throat and faked a chuckle. He then asked me, "So, uhhmm-- do you wanna go dance?"

"Err- sure."

I looked at Sica, "Uhhmm..."

She grinned awkwardly, "Go ahead. Have fun. I'm okay in here."

"By the way, where's your fiancé? So, up to the last minute, he didn't budge?"

"Yeah. Unfortunately. So uhhmmm-- I'm sort of single for the night."

Yoong suddenly butted in, pertaining to Jessica, "So, that's why you were flirting, cuddling and kissing a random stranger earlier?"

I looked at him in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

Jessica looked infuriated, "Yah. How dare you accuse me of such thing?!"

He scoffed, "I saw you kissing Batman earlier. Oh. Don't say I was just mistaken because I clearly saw you with my own eyes. I still have 20-20 vision, FYI."

"Ha! And why do you care if I was making out with a random stranger, huh?"

"It's not like I care! I was just bothered that you could do such thing to your fiancé!"

"You judgmental freak! I am innocent. I am definitely not cheating on my fiancé. He's so much aware I decided to be single for this night! I had his consent in here!"

"Oh- really, huh?" He suddenly grabbed one of the random party-goers beside us. "Why don't you kiss this dude then?"

"Uhhmm, excuse me?" the random guy swatted Yoong's hand away. "I'm gay and I definitely not interested to be kissed by a girl." He then strutted his way out from where we are.

 

Jessica snapped in fury, "I am still picky when it comes to kissing or flirting with random strangers, FYI."

"Oh. Yeah? And what're your criteria?"

"Good looks, of course!"

"And how could you recognize that Batman good looking when he never took off his masks the whole time?!"

Jessica was too dumbfounded to react. It was like, she couldn't find a counterargument on what Yoong said. After her pause, she snapped in a stutter, "T-the half of his f-face looked handsome to me."

Yoong smirked, "Yeah, right."

"He's a nice person, okay! He helped Sunny earlier so he deserved my kiss!"

I butted, "Okay, okay. I think we have enough here, huh?"

Jessica ignored me and continued, "Just get straight to the point, Yoong. What are you really trying to point out, huh?!"

"That you clearly know that guy!"

"Wh-what the actual ! How the hell would I know him?! And who the ing cares if I know him?!"

*Sigh*. They're really going nowhere with their argument.

I decided to excuse myself from them for a moment and search for my son. Well, I did try to tell them I'll leave them for a while but they didn't respond at all. They're too busy on bickering on each other. Oh well, never mind them.

I wandered around and finally, I found my son talking to someone beside the pool. As I gotten nearer, I found out it was the same Batman who helped Sunny out earlier.

And somehow... I felt like time stopped. Subconsciously, I stopped from walking and just stood there, staring over the two.

 

Sunkyu was grinning widely and was like sharing something over the person he was talking to. The latter was responding as well. Kyu then handed him a car key. Then, the person flashed him a warm smile... that familiar smile...

With that, I felt like no one's around us. I don't hear nor see anyone else but the two of them. I then felt a slight pressure on my chest. What is this...? What's going on with me...?

 

Sunkyu has then noticed me. He smiled widely and called me, "Umma!"

I finally snapped back to reality. I approached them and smiled. "Hey there, sweetie." I exchanged my glance between him and the stranger, "So, wh-what's up?"

Sunkyu answered, "Batman just happened to give me a chance to ride his Batmobile earlier. He asked me to park his car."

"B-but, you still don't have a student license yet to do such thing."

"Umma, I was just parking a car."

"Yeah, right. But, what if you had an accident with that?"

"But Sehun-hyung has been teaching me to drive for the past years, umma."

The stranger snapped in with his husky voice, "Just relax, Miss Quinzel. I have collision avoidance system and other safety devices installed on my Batmobile. I guarantee you, even if he's not yet skilled in driving, he won't be suffering even a single scratch for parking it."

"See, umma?" Sunkyu chuckled, "That Batmobile's really so cool, huh? I never thought I could ride one in real life, for freaking real."

"You do know enough that isn't the real Batmobile, right?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter