Bros Before Ego

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

"Hey there, Yuri-yah." Jessica greeted as she came inside my office.

"What do you want, Sica?" I responded, still focusing on my office work.

"I just dropped by to check you out."

I sighed, "There's no need for you to check me out. I am okay. Just go get yourself busy with your own personal matters."

"Fine. But, there's one thing I want to ask."

"What?"

"Have you talked to the guys, yet?"

"Why should I?"

"Because they're your friends?"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Aarrghh-- stop acting like this, Yul!"

I looked at her, "You're close with Taeyeon, right? Go tell that midget if he will continue to go on leave without my permission, I will remove him from my company in no time. My ultimatum's tomorrow. If he will not be here then, he's fired."

She looked at me boringly, "Really, huh? You're gonna do that to your best friend? The one who's been by your side for twelve years?"

"Yes. And he's not my best friend."

"Why are you so cruel, Yuri?"

I focused back on my laptop, "You know the reason why."

"..."

"Don't get this wrong, Jessica. This is not a personal matter. This is purely business. I do not tolerate absentees in my company."

"Fine!" She groaned then stomped her way out.

 

 

After a few minutes, she came back again, this time calm. "Uhhmmm... Yuri?"

"What?"

She then pouted with aegyo. "Can you just give me this one favor?"

"What?"

She fidgeted her fingers. "Can you uhhmmm... join me for an afternoon snack later?"

"Why?"

"I missed you, that's why."

"We're just friends, Jessica."

"Yah. I'm not exactly saying we should date this afternoon or something. All I want is for the two of us to hang out."

I sighed, "Fine. Whatever."

"Yay!" She clasped her hands together. "Thank you so much, Yuri-yah!" She went near me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I love you so much." Then, she hopped as she left my office.

*Sigh*. These girls...

 

 

 

 

After around two hours, my secretary has informed me, "Sir, Mister Sunkyu Hwang's here to see you."

"Thank you. Let him in."

She bowed at me first then left. Afterwards, Sunkyu came in. "Hi, appa." he greeted.

"Hi. Glad you're finally here."

He took a seat in front of my desk. "Uhhhmmm, appa? Can I ask why should I be here again?"

I chuckled, "What kind of question is that? Sunkyu, you're my heir. You have the obligation to know everything around here as you'll be taking over this company in the future."

"Oh."

"So, are you ready?"

"Y-yes, I'm ready, appa."

 

I toured him around the building, taught him the basics, the company history and much more. I introduced him to everyone else, of course. I did not disclose the current surname he's using at this moment, though, as it might stir up rumors in the office. Nonetheless, a few have recognized him due to Stephanie's sharpshooter viral video. *Sigh*.

 

"So, that's it. Any questions, Kyu?" I asked as we arrived back at my office.

"Err-- uhhmm... So, I get to inherit everything? As in everything?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Okay..."

"Say, are you hungry? There's a restaurant just in front of the building. They serve good fried chicken there."

"Yeah, I think I really am hungry now. With all the things you told me, I surely need to eat this stress out."

 

 

---

 

 

"Hi Sunkyu!" a bunch of girls greeted him. We're currently eating in the restaurant I told him right in front of my office building.

"Hi." he shyly responded. Afterwards, the girls squealed as they bid goodbye to him.

"Wow. You seemed to be so popular, Kyu." I snapped.

He sighed loudly, "Yeah, unfortunately."

"Were those your classmates or schoolmates something?"

"No. I don't know them at all."

"Really? How did they know about you then?"

"A local entertainment news had me featured recently. Umma was so mad about it because they never asked for permission from her. It was nothing negative, though. It features me about being the next Hwang Tycoon after umma but uhhmmm... It mostly featured my appearance, intelligence and some other skills they've found out through stalking me at school."

"Hmmm. No wonder. At least, you're popular to girls."

"Is that really a good thing?"

"Yes, of course. You won't find it difficult to date someday."

"Yes, but, it's more difficult to find my one true love."

"..."

"Good thing, you had it easy, appa. You found umma while you were still living a simple life."

"..."

"Hmmm. Perhaps, someday, I'll find my one true love if I try to run away from home, just like how umma did."

"..."

He sighed again, "You know... Sometimes, I miss the old days. Like, you know... I wasn't known to be from a chaebol. Those days with only you, me, and umma living together, happy together. I'm actually happier inheriting our fish selling business."

"..."

"Don't you miss the good old days, appa?"

"..."

He sighed, "If only I'll be given a chance to have my family back and complete..."

"Sunkyu. I know what you're doing."

"Huh? What are you talking about exactly, appa?"

"I know your umma asked you to convince me of getting back together with her."

"H-huh? Why would umma do that?" He faked a chuckle. "Wait. Is umma somewhat courting you now?"

"Sunkyu, you're a bad liar just like your mother. Just admit it."

He sighed again, "Appa. I am not. And, so what if I am?"

"..."

"I want my family to be complete. No child out there would want the otherwise."

"..."

"Besides, with your seven subsidiaries plus eleven from umma, I can't exactly manage them all separately, you know. The businesses have to be unified into one for me to work it out perfectly."

"Your umma and I don't have to be together to unify SKY and HGC. Just a simple document will suffice."

"Yeah, right. But, what will people say then on you two, having only one heir while not married? Wouldn't that draw negative attention?"

"It will draw curiosity which is good when you take over. The greater the exposure, the bigger the potential income."

"..."

"Stop forcing me and your umma to be back together. That's not going to happen. I already have enough of tragedies in my life."

"Kyungsan didn't die because of your love for umma. It was neither umma's fault."

"I'm tired."

"..."

"So tired."

"..."

"Please stop on trying to find a way for me and your umma to get back together."

"..."

"There's no more reason to."

"Am I not enough of a reason?"

"..."

Tears accumulated from his eyes. "Is Kyungsan your only child, appa?"

"..."

"I am your son too. I am umma's son too. Why are you both acting as if I'm not related to the two of you?"

"..."

"Am I really your son or not?"

"Sunkyu, you are my son."

"Why I don't feel like I am?"

"Sunkyu, your younger brother died--"

"Yeah, I know. Do you think I was not hurt about that?"

"..."

"Appa, umma hid it from me that he was your son too. I only found out about it when he came out and Yoong-appa admitted the truth to all of us." Tears have fallen from his eyes. "I loathed myself so much because I hated Kyungsan. I thought he was Yoong-appa's. I regretted it so much."

"..."

"It hurt me so much too. But, you can't really stop me from feeling this way... like I'm not important to you and he's the only one who is..."

"..."

He stood up, "I have to go. I'll just take a cab. Bye. Thanks for the meal." He then left the restaurant.

*Sigh*.

I can't exactly spill out on him that he's not really our son. I just... I just don't want to lose him too...

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

"Where are you taking me, Jessica?"

"Just relax there, will ya?" she answered. Apparently, she's driving me somewhere as we take our little 'platonic' date for this afternoon. She insisted that we should take my car but with her driving instead. I don't know but, for some reason... I have a feeling that she's planning something.

Hmmm. Definitely, she's cooking some kind of a fishy plan right now.

 

After a few minutes, we have arrived in front of a random apartment. The place looked somewhat familiar to me, though.

"Come along. Let's go." Jessica said as she got out of the car. I eagerly followed her.

She led me to the rooftop of the building. "Alright. Here we are!" She cheerfully said.

I wandered my gaze around.... Wait. This place. I feel like I've really been here before.

No way.

No.

This is the place where Taeyeon brought me for our intervention years ago!

With my instinct, I decided to rush out of the place. Yet, I was caught by a rope on my lower leg. I stumbled on the ground. I then felt like I was being pulled by it. "Damn it, Jessica! Let me go!"

The pulling then stopped. High heel stilettos and hot black leather y pants flashed right in front of me. "Hello there." she said in a husky voice. I looked up to see her face. It was my ex-girlfriend. *Gulp*. My hot ex-girlfriend, Stephanie. She continued her greeting while wearing a y smirk, "Loverboy."

Apparently, she's wearing a full leather tight suit with her cleavage showing off. She sported a side-swept wavy hairstyle too. Oh. Did I not mention she's holding a whip as well?

"What the is this, Stephanie?!" I shouted.

"Oh. You'll see." she said in a husky voice again.

The pulling continued again. I was then dragged up and hung upside down. Jessica, who was now wearing a full black leather tight suit as well, went near me and tied both of my hands together with a rope.

"Yah, you pesky women! Let me go!" I shouted loudly. Sunny came out, wearing the same suit, and covered my mouth with a gray tape.

Aisshhh--- these women! Aaaarghhhhh-- They're not gonna get away with this. I'll be their hell!

 

I tried to get away by swinging my body. Yet, I clashed against another body. It was then that I noticed someone was also tied beside me. Oh. Actually, not only one but, three. Apparently, Sooyoung, Yoong, and Taeyeon were also tied upside down with their whole bodies wrapped with gray tapes as if they depicted cocoons. their mouths were covered with the tape as well.

Though, from the looks of it, the three seemed to be a little bit unconscious? I don't know... it looks to me that they're stuck in a daydream or something. Oh. And they're somewhat blushing too.

Stephanie took a seat on the stool in front of us. Hyoyeon, in a hot leather suit as well, went near her. "Tiff, is this really necessary? Do we really have to tie them upside down, huh?"

"No. It is not."

"What?!" Hyoyeon and Sunny shouted in disbelief.

"I just feel like hanging them up upside down, that's it." she said and chuckled ily.

"It's much better this way, Sun, Hyo." Jessica snapped as she went near Yoong. She caressed his hair. "With this, they have no choice but for the four of them to reconcile." She kissed him on the tape covering his mouth then went to take a seat beside Stephanie. "Gosh. I should really learn some techniques from you, Tiff. You seem to be really good in it."

"This is not part of , okay. I just feel like hanging them up upside down." Steph answered. "They've become a pain in the lately."

"How could they all be a pain in the when Yuri's the only one adamant to reconcile with them?" Sunny asked, sounding a little bit in disbelief.

Stephanie sighed, "I kept on bugging Yoong to apologize to Yuri yet, he never did so. Sooyoung's shrugging me off as well. Taeyeon's becoming too much of a drunkard , as what Jessica tells, and do you know what happened next?" She pointed at the other three guys. "Those three heads started to fight, blaming each other out." She sighed deeply.

"Hmmm. I see. You're right. Definitely, they are a pain in the ." Sunny concluded.

Steph then started on her speech, "So... We gathered you four here to finish this stupid out and reconcile." She sighed deeply. "Look, boys. This really has to stop. We're already too matured for this stupid feud. No one's really need to be blamed here."

"But you, right?" Sunny butted.

She glared at the former. "Can't you just shut your ing mouth? I am the only one allowed to talk here."

"Yah! Now, you're back on ing on me?!" Sunny shouted.

"Okay, that's enough!" Hyoyeon shouted. "We're not supposed to be fighting in front of them, okay. We're mending their relationship. We should set a good example to them."

"Let's just get this over with." Jessica snapped while still staring hungrily at Yoong. "I have so many plans for tonight, you know." She her lips seductively. I gazed at Yoong and found the guy blushing madly as he stared back at Jessica.

Stephanie sighed deeply. She stood up and went closer to me. She traced my face with her fingers first. Coincidentally, the level of my head was on the same level of her chest. As a result from my body naturally swaying from the wind, my face had somewhat gotten buried in her cleavage.

"Loverboy. I'm sorry if it has to be this way. You left me with no choice, you know. You've been really so stubborn lately." I then felt her hand loosening up a little the rope tying my hands together.

She then commanded, "Remove their mouth covers." the four of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter