Struggles in the Game of Hide-and-Seek

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri POV

"Sunkyu."

"..."

"Hey."

"..."

It's his birthday today and exactly 31 days since the last time we've seen Tiffany. Yet, unlike how birthday celebrants supposed to be, Sunkyu's state is otherwise. It's like it's the worst day of his life. I can't blame him though. He had never spent his birthday with his mom for two years that we were together with her. Why two? Well... remember Tiffany and I broke up around February to June last year?

*Sigh.* I know it's all my fault again but do I have a choice? I decided to just tell him straight about us leaving because I never want him to forsake me again for not telling just like what happened last year.

Now, we're both just sharing an early morning breakfast. He insisted not to celebrate his birthday anymore and just continue with our normal lives. I agreed first but I really just want to surprise him. I'll be taking a half-day off from work and will take him to an amusement park later.

"Sunkyu." I called again. Yet, he didn't react and just continued playing his cereal with his chin resting lazily on his one hand. I cleared my throat and snapped again, "It's your first day today in home-schooling. Are you ready?"

"Yes..."

"This will just be temporary, Kyu. Once I get to finalize our papers, we'll live in Shang-"

"But I don't want to live in Shanghai!"

"Sunkyu-"

"Appa, I have already agreed to have umma back to that evil halapoji. At least give me this one. I don't want to leave this country, appa. I want to stay here. I want to wait for umma here."

"But your umma... We both know she will never come back to us."

"..."

"We already talked about this, Sunkyu. Umma's gone with our life."

And with that, tears started to fall from his eyes. He started to weep and hid himself on his forearms.

"Please stop crying, Kyu."

"I want umma. I want umma!"

"Do you want to live with her instead?"

"No! I want us three together!"

"But Kyu..."

"..."

"I'm sorry..."

"..."

"I'm really so sorry..."

*Sigh*. I guess we'll live this way for a long time...

 

---

 

After our meal, I readied myself for work. Sunkyu, on the other hand, stayed again in his room while waiting for his private teacher. It was a few minutes later when someone pressed the doorbell. It must be Mrs. Park.

I went to the door and opened it. It turned out I was wrong. It was Krystal.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon." she greeted me then flashed a smile.

"Uhh- hi, Ms. Jung. C-come in." We then both went inside. "So, wh-what are you doing here?"

"I'll be Sunkyu's private teacher."

"Oh. I thought it will be Mrs. Park?"

"Yeah but unfortunately, Mrs. Park decided to resign from the school. I was assigned to be her reliever for this."

"I see..."

"Why? Don't you want me to be Sunkyu's teacher?"

"Oh- no, no. I was just curious, that's why. It's all okay to me. Besides, you’re his homeroom teacher last year. I guess with this, he'll easily get used to home-schooling quickly."

She giggled. "I see. But I'm just kidding around, silly." Then, she looked around. "So where's your wife?"

I looked away, "W-we're no longer together..."

"Oh..."

"..."

I felt her one hand held mine and gripped it tight, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess... I'm trying my best to be okay though."

She smiled, "I know you can cope up soon. But in case if you need company, I'm just here. One call away."

"Thanks, Ms. Jung."

"You know, you can just call me by my name."

"Oh... okay, Krystal-noona."

"Just Krystal is fine. So, can I call you Yuri?"

"Uhh- sure."

"Appa who was--" Sunkyu snapped as he went out of his room then became dumbfounded looking below. I looked at the direction he was looking and found out Krystal and I were still holding hands.

I quickly pulled my hand away. "S-sorry." Then, I redirected to Sunkyu, "Sunkyu, remember Ms. Jung, your homeroom teacher last year? She'll be your private teacher."

He stared at me in quizzical first. Then, he sighed. "I see... good morning, Ms. Jung." he responded and bowed at her.

"Good morning, Kyu. And by the way..." She pulled out a gift box from her bag and handed it to him. "Happy birthday."

"You still remember my birthday?"

"Of course. How would I forget my smartest student's birthday?" she said and patted his head.

"Thanks, Ms. Jung."

I snapped, "So, uhhh-- I guess I'll be leaving now."

She looked at me. "Okay, Yuri. And don't worry. I'll be taking good care of Sunkyu."

"Thanks... Kyu, behave, okay?"

"Yes, appa. Bye."

"Bye."

 

---

 

I headed for Black Pearl Enterprise. Apparently, I bought a new car too to complement on my hiding. I'm sure Tiffany will be storming the office too. I have already ordered the security to tell anyone who'll come to see me there that I'm not around. Although, I'm sure enough she will not stop just because of that. *Sigh*. This will just be temporary... this situation will end once I'll be reassigned in Shanghai or I'll be dead, well, whichever comes first...

My phone suddenly vibrated. I looked at it and found out Yoong's the one calling. I picked it up and answered, "Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"In the car. Why?"

"You're going to BPE, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Just make sure you'll get inside sneakily."

"Huh? Why?"

"Well... I'm around your office building stalking too and apparently, Taeyeon-hyung, Jessica, and Sunny-noona are here snooping around."

"Ehhh? I thought it was just Taeyeon alone? Now, Sunny and Sica's there too"

"Yup. Unfortunately, they've been helping Fany-noona out since after the engagement, hyung, just not assigned on BPE. Even Hyoyeon-noona and Sooyoung too."

"I see... Are you still there? Can you go distract them?"

"Oh. The hell I can't. I'm in stealth mode too."

"And your reason?"

"I'm bad at lying, hyung. I might just spill out that I'm helping you hide."

"Aisshh- just go find a way."

"Okay, let's meet by the bridge first."

"Where? The one where you made out with my ex-girlfriend?"

"Cut that out, hyung! I was too confused that time, okay!"

I chuckled, "Alright, alright. I was just kidding around."

"Shut up. Just go there, okay. Bye."

"Bye." I bid and ended the call.

 

I drove fast to the same bridge. I waited for around five minutes and Yoong finally arrived. He got out of his car and went towards me. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter