A New Life from Scratch

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone! Miss me? hihihi :3

Anyways, it's almost the 3rd year anniversary of the super looooooooong story, Romantic Street: A Detour to Destiny. And, as an Anniversary present, I'll be updating daily until the 31st of March And for today, since I've been gone the whole time last week, it's a double update! (Wait for the next one tonight, though. Hihi)

So, for now, let's enjoy POV of another character.

Note: Please take note of the dates of the scenes. Like I mentioned before, the scenes/dates from chapter 211 'til the end of this season will be reiterative (and sometimes jump from past to present, and even with time skip >.< ) due to multiple POVs. For this episode, it's the 8th of Dec 2012, 3 days after Yuri's death

Enjoy!

 

Hyoyeon POV

*PEGASUS-SUITES,-LAS-VEGAS,-NEVADA,-USA,-8th-of-December-2012*

"Enjoy your meal, sir."

"I will." the old American man said as he smiled at me.

"Is there anything else?"

"None at the moment, but, you know, it's *babble-babble* understand *babble-babble* English. *babble-babble* Chinese people *babble-babble* not *babble-babble* fluent *babble-babble*, you're smart."

"Uhhh... Yeah. Thank you." I bowed to him and ended our conversation, "I'll be taking my leave."

*Sigh*. English... it's not really one of my best things. Don't get that one earlier wrong though. I'm not really that good with the language. It's just... I know a little since I kind of studied the "Basic Learn English" book thing before migrating here, but, I'm not really that good yet in comprehension.

"Hyoyeon girl!" Taecyeon shouted in a very girly way as soon as he saw me coming out of the elevator.

I went near him, "Oh thank goodness. Finally, I see someone with small slanted eyes and oriental skin around here."

"Yeah," he chuckled first, then, suddenly changed his look to confused, "Are you trying to be racist of your own kind?"

"What's racist about that?"

"Well... I keep hearing that statement like a lot with our customers ever since we started here." he said and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, right, whatever." We both started to walk towards the employee lounge for us to get ready from leaving the place. "You know, I don't get it why most white people think all Asians came from China. The old man who I just went to earlier said that I was Chinese-something." I snapped.

"Wow. So, you finally understand English as in fluently?"

"Technically, I just heard the word 'Chinese'. Obviously, he was pertaining about me being Chinese."

He tapped my shoulder, "Still, I'm proud of you. You're getting better."

I swatted his hand away, "Oh shut up. Stop mocking me. Just because English is your second language, you're free to treat me like your train dog or something."

He chuckled again, "I'm not mocking you, okay. I'm genuinely proud of you. And technically, English is my first language. I was born here in this country."

"Las Vegas? I thought you were born in Massachusetts?"

"Firstly, Hyoyeon girl, Las Vegas is not a country. It's a city in the state of Nevada of the country of United States of America or USA. Massachusetts is also not a country but a st--"

"You know what I just heard? I heard nothing from you but blah, blah, blah-blah-blah. Can you please shut up already?" We finished packing our stuff and headed out of the suite after timing out. We started to walk our way home.

"You really should stop your grumpiness like you're PMS-ing, Hyoyeon girl. Please don't throw your tantrums on me. Throw it to someone else."

"Then, stop annoying me and let's just go home now. Our shift already ended like ten minutes ago. If you didn't start on babbling unnecessary things, we're probably home by now."

"Girl, it will take us twenty minutes from here to our place. Technically, again, we--"

"Aissshh- alright, alright, you're smart. You're the one so good in Math. Obviously, you graduated from Ah-In U while I am just nothing but an undergraduate of lowly Se Kyung University with very lousy education system. Happy?"

"But, the lowly Se Kyung University you're talking about houses the smartest guys of South Korea, specifically, Kwon Yuri and Im Yoong. Not to mention, they're hella handsome too. So, I don't see your point why you're degrading your school?"

Yuri... Yoong...

Damn it. I missed those guys.

"Oh!" Taecyeon suddenly snapped. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to mention their names. I know it’s a part of our agreement not to mention anyone from the past."

"Nah, it's okay."

His eyes widened, "Really? So, it's okay if I talk about Taeyeon loves sometimes too?"

"Taeyeon loves???" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Yeah..." He looked at the sky in a dreamy manner while biting his lip. "Oh I remember how he looked at me in so much lovingly way as in all the time."

"Huh?! And when was that?"

"Duh. Didn't I just say 'all the time'? It was so obvious back then, okay. I think he had a thing for me. If only that pretty Jessica wasn't around, probably, he already swung my way and made lots of babies with me. You know, every night, it's--"

I cut him, "First, EIWW. Second, I cannot believe I dated you back then like 'what the hell was wrong with me'. Third, Man-to-man relationship can NEVER make a baby. And lastly, I clearly, freaking, do not remember a moment back then like what you were saying."

"Oh, you wanna know why? It's because you only see no one else in your eyes aside from SOOYOUNG..."

And that had me stopped from walking.

Seriously, I never have at least an hour I'm free from things about him. It's either Taecyeon or my mom accidentally speak his name like, you know, just now, OR I get to think of him subconsciously. I freaking hella need my freedom from him, please, for Pete's sake. Get him off my mind!

"I... I'm sorry." Taec said and held my hand. "I didn't mean to mention his name."

I smiled, "You know what? Let's just drop the agreement. You're free to talk whatever you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter