The Back-to-School Mayhem

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

It's the 8th of March, Thursday, the day before my best friend Kim Taeyeon's birthday. Here I am, with the love of my life Tiffany, walking to school on our favorite romantic street while our hands intertwined, glancing and smiling at each other with full of love and joy. Yes, it does feel like its déjà vu. Nonetheless, this is actually my first time back to school in full day ever since this semester has started.

"Isn't it a wonderful day?" Tiffany asked as she smiles warmly at me.

"It sure is... And wow. It sure feels like this already happened before."

"Silly, of course it is. We always walked to school together back then. It just so happens, you got busy with work now."

"Don't worry. I already asked for leave of absence from my dad starting today 'til next week. He even said it's all okay for me to go even just an hour a day to work."

"I see. But isn't that a little too much spoiling you anyway?"

"Well, I have my reason. I'm still studying, you know."

"You got a point there..."

"By the way, he already transferred to my name all of his wealth and the company."

And that had her stopped walking and stared at me in disbelief, "What?"

"Why? Is there something wrong about it?"

"Of course there is! You accepted it with no hesitations at all?! What if this is all a trap?!"

I cupped her face with my hands. "Don't worry. He already told me everything, the whole truth."

"You mean???"

"My real mother was his younger sister. So, he's my real uncle."

"Really?" she asked in excitement.

"Yup."

"So, where are your real parents then? I want to meet them too."

I smiled faintly. "They're gone..."

With that, her expression suddenly changed to sadness. She then rested her hands on my shoulders. "I'm sorry for your lost, Yuri-yah."

"It's okay... and don't be sad for me. I now have my own family, anyway. I have you and Sunkyu."

She finally smiled. "And you and Sunkyu are now my only family too."

I chuckled then gave her a peck on the lips. She then continued, "I wonder how Sunkyu will react about his real parents passed away even before he could meet them."

"He's... not my real brother."

"Huh?"

"That's what my dad said."

"Who are his real parents then?"

"Unfortunately, my dad didn't know."

"So he's orphaned too?"

"I guess..."

And that made her even sadder. Then, it is like as if she had thought of something, "Maybe we could adopt him officially after we get married."

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Of course."

"I love you, Yuri-yah."

"I love you too." I said and we sealed our love with another kiss.

 

It was long after when I noticed someone was tailing us. It's that same car again from a day ago. And it was like it had noticed me looking, the car immediately drove off.

I may just be paranoid, yes. But it's somewhat strange that few days ago, several black cars started to drive around our apartment and school as if on lookout or something. Not to mention, there were also suspicious looking men lurking around too. I really have a bad feeling about this...

"Yuri-yah, what's wrong?" she asked.

"No, nothing. Let's go." I better just hide it from her for a while, maybe until I'll get to find out what's this about. I don't want her to panic this early.

 

---

 

As we arrived at the University's entrance, lots of male students were saluting at me and even some are greeting me gleefully. Tiffany now looked as if a little embarrassed. She actually looked like she's hiding her face by looking down and snuggling my arm so close. I whispered to her, "What's going on here? Why are these guys looking at me weirdly?"

"Go, just walk forward. Don't pay attention to them."

"Yo! The Boss, Kwon Yuri!" my co-college Marco greeted. "You're the man! Haha!" Then, he gestured firing handguns at me and walked away. Another set of guys are now in front of us and faked-saluting on me. "Idol!!!" they all said.

Another guy shouted, "Yoh! The royalty! Your highness rooftop prince Yul! Hoho- Idol!"

Tiffany immediately dragged me by my arm and rushed towards the university's reception hall. "Tiffany, what's going on?!" I asked again and yet, I didn't get a response from her. She just continued to drag me away.

We're already in one empty hallway when I finally had her stop on dragging me. I can totally see the fury in her eyes. It's like she's about to burst out from anger. I held her on both of her forearms. "What is going on?!"

"Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon."

"What's with him?"

"He spread the story of us..."

"Us?"

"Us doing it on the rooftop."

"What?"

"You know-- the one last Saturday?"

"What?!"

"Yuri, you do know what I mean."

"WHAT?!"

"What on ‘what’?!"

"Arrghhhh- I'm gonna kill him!"

Before I could go she held on my arm so tight as if not letting me. "Wait, wait, Yuri please. Don't start a fight in the campus."

"I will not. I'm just going to kill him!"

"Alright. Take a deep breath first. Relax."

"You still want me to relax?! He freaking invaded our privacy! How does this story make you, us?! People will start to degrade us sooner or later!"

"Well, unless..." She looked at me with a pretty much mischievous smirk.

"Unless what?"

 

---

 

*Lunchtime-At-the-University's-Cafeteria*

"What's with the weird smile, hyung?" Yoong asked me as he sipped down his soup.

"Oh. Nothing. I just feel like it's a great day." But I really do have a specific reason and it's because of the best perfect gift Tiffany and I agreed on for my so-called best friend's birthday.

Yoong continued, "Is this about the story spreading on the campus? Damn. People see you as a god. You and Tiffany-noona are icons now."

"And the next thing you know, all couples are doing the same thing on their own rooftops." Sooyoung snapped as he popped to our table. He then sat beside me. "How's it going, Yul?"

"Just having a great day."

"Wow. You sure love the attention of the crowd now, huh?"

"Oh. As much as I want to thank Taeyeon for spreading this thing, I feel sad though. This issue will not be on the air much longer."

"What do you mean?" Soo asked.

I smirked back at him, "You'll see."

"Did you do something... evil?" Yoong asked.

"Hmmmm... You'll see."

In exactly five seconds, Taeyeon barged inside the cafeteria shouting my girlfriend's name in anger, "TIFFANY!!!" Then, he found me and immediately rushed. He grabbed my collar, "Where is your girlfriend?!"

"I don't know."

"Arrghh-- did you plan this?!" He then removed his hand on me. "Damn you, Yuri! I just made you a icon then you made me a laughing clown?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I ordered her to delete the video on her phone. How the hell this happened, Yuri?!"

"Because of the invention of back-up storages?"

"Arrghhh-- I'm gonna kill that woman!"

"Whoa, whoa, Taeng, chill down."

"Chill down?!" He grabbed my collar again. "How am I supposed to chill down?! Your girlfriend destroyed my reputation!"

I looked at him sullenly, "Calm down or you want to see me be not calm?"

"..."

"Get your hand off me and sit down." I ordered and he complied then sat beside Yoong.

"Did I even tell you to spread throughout the whole school what Tiffany and I did in the rooftop?"

"..."

"You answer me now, Taeyeon."

"No..."

"So, do you think you did the right thing?"

"No..."

"Tell me why you did i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter