The One Who Happened to be Everybody's First Love

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

"Okay???"

"Yes." I answered and took a sip from my cup of coffee.

"Just okay?!?!?!" my three best friends, Jessica, Sunny, and Hyoyeon uttered as they look at me in so much disbelief. Apparently, the four of us besties decided to hang out in Sunny's new coffee shop, Sunny Day.

"Yeah, just 'okay'." I repeated.

"Okay. Let me clarify again." Hyoyeon uttered. "You impliedly proposed to Yuri for you two to be back together. Yet, he turned you down. And you just said 'okay'? JUST OKAY?"

I chuckled, "Yah. Stop it, you three. There's nothing wrong if I just agreed to what he wanted."

"Still, it's ing stupid." Sunny snapped in then sighed loudly. "That Kwon is too ing idiot. I totally remember that ing day. He's too much eager to get you back to him. Now, this?"

"Well, I ruined his mood, remember?" I responded. "He has a point, anyway. We shouldn't be together. If we try to, a person important to our lives dies."

"Everybody dies, Tiff." Sunny said. "The only factor is when will it be for each and every one of us."

"I know... but, he's somewhat right, anyway. If we didn't try to be together, his father might still be alive until now. Kyungsan wouldn't have suffered as well. Don't freaking tell me those were just coincidence. And come on. I can't just exactly force myself to him."

"Still, it's freaking stupid to put the blame on you two loving each other." Hyoyeon snapped in.

"You know what, Tiff?" Jessica butted. "You're right on your answer. Give them the ing 'okay' they need." She drank her hot coffee straight as if it was a shot of liquor. "Those Kwon brothers are ing much stupid and toooooo arrogant. Yeah, right. We're already the ones pleading for them to get back together with us. US. WOMEN. But now, look. They're too much pain in the . We better just settle down with guys worthier than them."

"Wait. 'They'???" I repeated in question. "Kwon brothers?"

"Oh." Jessica suddenly pressed her lips together as if implying it was just a slip of the tongue. The rest of us looked at her quizzically.

"What do you mean about that, Jess?" Sunny asked.

She stared at the three of us one by one. She settled at me, stared at me intently at first. Then, afterwards, she sighed deeply and confessed, "Kwon brothers... yes... Yuri and Yoong, I mean."

"WHAT THE ACTUAL ?!?!?!" I shouted. Sunny and Hyoyeon reacted the same thing. "Yuri and Yoong are brothers?!" I asked in so much disbelief.

"Yah. Lower your voice, Tiff." Jessica then whispered. "It's supposed to be a secret. Please. No one else has to know about this."

"So, I freaking dated those two brothers?!"

She closed her eyes and sighed loudly. "Yes. Freaking much the same reaction as I had." She looked at me boringly. "It's ing ridiculous, yes, Tiff."

"Damn it..." I slouched lazily on my chair and dumped my sweater jacket on my face. "Now, I feel awful..."

"Yeah, it's too much ing awful. And you know what? Yuri even laughed at my reaction. He even said it was not a big deal."

Hyoyeon then butted as she chuckled, "Well, Yuri kinda had a point. It's not a big deal since those four boys have been treating each other as brothers, anyway."

I removed my sweater and snapped at Hyo, "It's still a big deal. It's already so much worse that Jessica and I shared boyfriends when it turned out they are freaking brothers too?!"

Sunny butted in, "Just chill out, Tiff. At least, you two should feel at ease now. I mean, you two didn't end up with anyone of the brothers, anyway. Let's just settle with the thinking that those two just played with yours and Jessica's feelings. Like, you know..." She chuckled. "Those ing Kwons are bunch of players and stupid freaks. They're not worth it. So, move on."

I looked at her boringly, "I really don't get what you are pointing out, Sunny."

"All I'm saying is... you two just got played by the brothers like maybe it's in their genes on being ing playboys. So, there's no need for you two to sulk about it."

"Sunny's right." Jessica seconded.

"Wait. Does Yoong know Yuri's his real older brother?" Hyo asked.

"Oh. He still doesn't know, I think? Yuri hasn't told him about it yet."

"Why is it so?" I asked.

"Well... Yuri said it's better for Yoong not to know about it yet due to several complications right now."

"I see... It kinda makes sense to me now as to why Sir Im Minhyuk decided to disown him years ago. Probably, he already found out about the truth."

She sighed deeply, "Yeah..."

"Wait." Hyoyeon butted. "So, Miss Boa's his mother too?"

"No." Jessica answered. "It was still Miss Im Hana. Uncle Yunho had an affair with her during his month-long training in Singapore. I heard it from Uncle first-hand, though. When Yuri and I were still kids, we snuck to Uncle's study room one night and found out his secret as he and dad talked there privately."

"Wait." Sunny butted. "So, you and Yuri were childhood friends?"

"Oh. Didn't I share that one before?" She chuckled, "I told you guys that's why I decided to marry him because we were originally arranged for each other."

"So... Do you happen to know if he and Yoong were childhood friends too?" I asked.

"Hmmmm... I didn't clear that one from him, though. But, I remember him pushing me to his best friend back then, saying that friend of his was a perfect fit for me. Why ask, anyway?"

"Well... Yoong shared me once that he has a former best friend named George Nicholas who stole Annie away from him----- wait."

George Nicholas.

George Nicholas.

George Nicholas.

George Nicholas.

GEORGE NICHOLAS?!?!?!?!?!

That's what Taeyeon has been calling him during our meetings!!! How could I freaking not notice that before?!

Wait.

Who was that Annie?

Me?

Me?

Me?

ME?!?!?!?!?!?!

Annie...

Why was I named Annie, then?

It's kinda different from my other names, nicknames, and aliases...

Miyoung... Tiffany... Tiff... Stephanie... Steph... Fany.... Stepha--- Annie?!?!?!

That's it!

Hmmmm... Now... I remember, Yoong shared me an incident about that Annie so many years ago... It was during the time when he was too much heartbroken from Jessica's cheating with Taeyeon... Hmmm... I totally remember we were at Yuri and mine's old apartment. He was sharing something about his childhood first love and then... Hmmmm... what is it...?

What happened to that Annie...?

What happened to me?!?!?!

 

"Tiff!" Sunny suddenly shouted directly in my left ear.

"Yah! Are you trying to make me become deaf?!"

"You were totally spacing out! We kept on shouting your name for more than a minute already!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"What are you thinking of now, anyway?"

"Well... I just thought that maybe I was Yoong's first love?"

"You know what's silly, Tiff?" Hyoyeon responded, "You happened to be Sooyoung's first love too."

"Oh, yes, yes. That fat kid, right?"

"Sooyoung was fat when he was a kid?" Sunny asked. "I can never imagine him being fat. I mean, he's too uhhhmmm... fat-free. You know what I mean?"

Hyoyeon responded, "That's why ever since Tiff turned him down back then, he decided to change his lifestyle. At an early age, he worked out so much! Well, upon entering college, though, he stopped from working out. His metabolism somewhat changed drastically and it doesn't sort of tolerate fat anymore. Lucky him, right?"

"Yeah." Sunny sighed loudly. "Gosh. I wish I have the same metabolism as him. He freaking eats a lot yet, he never gets fat. So unfair..."

Jessica chuckled, "Gosh, Tiff... Three out of four? You sure are everybody's first love."

I chuckled too, "Yeah. It's kinda weird."

"Everybody loves Tiffany, yay!" Sunny mocked a cheer.

"Yah. It's not like that, Sun. I maybe their first love, but, look, I didn't end up with anyone of them." I sighed loudly. "I sure am unlucky with love."

"At least, you're always the first choice." Jessica suddenly snapped in. She sent out a bitter smile as she stared at her cup of coffee. "While me? I'm Yuri's second choice... I'm Yoong's a hundred and ninety-ninth choice. Probably, the thousandth..."

I responded, "Well, you are always Taeyeon's first choice."

That had her startled. She stared at me with a faint blush on her cheeks. Then, she smiled as she stared at her cup again.

"Wait." Hyoyeon suddenly butted then asked me, "Did you happen to cross paths with Taeyeon when you were young, though? It could be possible that you are somewhat Taeyeon's first love too back then?"

Jessica suddenly chuckled then snapped proudly, "Well, Hyoyeon, sorry to burst your bubble, but, I am Taeyeon's first love."

"And how are you so sure?"

Sica laughed loudly, "Gosh, Hyoyeon, out of the four of us, you and I are the ones who knew how was Taeyeon like when he was in high school."

"Oh. Yes. Yes." Hyo laughed loudly. "That total weirdo. I really can't believe you decided to date the old Taeyeon, Jess. I mean, seriously? He was too much creepy!"

"Oh, come on. Taeyeon was so freaking cute back then!" She continued to laugh. "He didn't know anything. He was so innocent yet, too much failing to act as if he knew everything. Gosh..." She sighed deeply. "Taeyeon was really, really cute."

Sunny suddenly cleared , "I'm gonna go prepare another set of beverages. What do you guys want this time?"

I answered, "Same order but frappe this time."

"Me too." Hyo seconded. Jessica raised her hand as well.

"Alright!" Sunny shouted cheerfully. "Orders, coming right up!" She then skipped towards the brewing station.

"Wow." Hyoyeon snapped as she stared at Sunny. "She's still soooooo into Taeyeon."

"I know right." I said and nodded.

"Well... Can't blame her." Jessica said then sighed. "Taeyeon's really different compared to normal guys, you know."

"Say... Have you ever thought of giving you and Taeyeon another chance?" I asked.

She got a little shock again from what I asked. Then, she smiled faintly again, "Taeyeon and I are so much star-crossed."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter