Two Young Hearts Intertwined

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri POV

Could she be real?

"A-are you okay?"

Or am I just dreaming?

"Uhhmm, hello?"

Yeah, this is just a dream. How could a beautiful angel like her exist in real life?

"Is there something wrong?"

Or... am I dead?

Wait. She lifted her hand. She's going to touch my face. What to do...? What to do...?

With just a touch of her finger, I felt like I was electrocuted. Absentmindedly, I took a step back. "Oh. I'm sorry." she uttered quickly.

"It--It's o-kkay." And now, I'm stuttering. Great.

"Did you get hurt?" she asked while looking at me with obvious concern. Then, she mumbled, "But, how could you get hurt when you're the one who beat them up...?"

I quickly shook my head in return, "N-no. I didn't."

"Then... Are you sick?" She leaned forward to look intently at my face. "You look so red, like, you're burning with fever."

I faked a chuckle. "N-no. I'm t-totally o-kkay."

She looked as if relieved, so then, she flashed her eye-smile again. Yes, I'm certain she's trying to kill me.

"Thank you for saving me." she said. "I don't know what I will do without you."

I tried to smile yet, resulted to just a fake grin. "N-no pr-problem."

"You're my hero." She then giggled. Gosh she's so cute.

"Y-yeah, I c-can be your hero. J-just call me, and I'm gonna come to save you."

And now, she's looking at me in confusion. Did I just say something wrong?

After a bit, a smile formed on her lips again, "So, that means we can be friends?"

"S-sure."

"Yay!" she cheered as she clasped her hands together. Then, she forwarded her right hand for a shake. "I'm Stephanie."

I shook her hand, "I'm Yul-- no, Yuri-- no, G-george... George Nicholas."

She giggled again, "So, you have many names too, huh? I do too. My real name's Stephanie Miyoung Hwang. Sometimes, my parents call me Fany, my classmates call me Annie. Oh, and my nanny calls me Tipani. That's because she couldn't pronounce 'Ste' and 'pha' correctly."

Hmm. She's quite chatty and lively, though, for an angel wearing an innocently shy face like hers. Yet, that's may be one of the factors why she's cute---

Wait. She's practically staring at me now with her eyebrows furrowed. Aigoo… I'm creeping her out even more. Am I getting lost only by the sight of hers too much?

"I see... So, what can I call you then?" I responded and asked.

From her look of wonder, she returned with an enthusiastic response, "You can choose any. I won't mind. And you, what should I call you?"

"Any will do too."

"Hmm. George Nicholas is kind of long... How about Yuwree?"

"It's Yuri."

"Yuwree?"

"No, no. It should be Yu-Ri."

"Yuw-ree."

"Okay that's, err-- better."

 

We stayed the same position for a while. We were staring intently at each other. Smile couldn't wear off from my face, and, surprisingly, so she was too. It was moments later that we noticed, from our handshake, our hands were still locked unto each other's. We immediately withdrawn our hands away. She looked down and blushed profoundly. I felt my cheeks were burning red too.

I then popped a question, "So, uhhh-- where do you live?"

She looked at me with a hint of a little shock. I quickly justified, "I want to know where so I can walk you home. I mean, I wanna make sure those bullies will not bother you again." I diverted my gaze away.

"Oh I see… I live three blocks away from here. But, it's okay, you don't have to worry." She then pointed at an ahjumma who was peacefully sleeping on the bench few meters away. "That's my nanny. She went with me here."

"Ehh? If that is so, then, that nanny's not doing her job right. She's supposed to look after you. See? You got bullied instead."

She then pouted cutely, "It's not her fault. I told her to sleep."

"Why?"

"Because she's been working at home every hour, every day. I wanted her to take a little rest."

Wow… So, she doesn't only possess an angelic face, but, a gentle heart too…

I am certain, she's not real.

"So, uhh, uhhhmmmm… I'll be going now then." I said.

She pouted a little, "Oh. Okay… Take care."

"You too…" I started to walk away. Yet, about a halfway, I turned back and snapped, "See ya."

She smiled, "See ya."

I turned and took another step. Then, I quickly decided to return a gaze again, "Uhh- where again?"

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Gosh she's so cute. "What do you mean where?" she asked.

"I mean…" I looked away as I scratched the back of my head. "I mean, w-where can I see you again?"

"Uhhmm... school?"

"You're from St. Augustine too? And how did you know I'm studying there?"

She nodded and flashed her eye-smiles at me again, "I kind of noticed that I.D. lace dangling from your pocket. It looks the same as what I have."

"Oh… I see…" And we engaged into an awkward silence again. Well, it's mainly because of me. I couldn't seem to respond well to her. Every time she speaks, I feel somewhat amused, fascinated or something.

"Uh, Yuwree?" she called.

"I-- Y-yes?"

"Do you wanna stay? Do you wanna play?" Then, she immediately added, "I mean, not dolls. We can play something else if you want."

"I…" I want to but… "I can't stay. My parents are waiting for me at home. I've been gone for too long already."

"Oh. Okay…" She pouted at first then quickly flashed a smile at me. "Bye. Take care."

I smiled in return. "You too."

 

---

 

*Riiiinnnnnggg* *rinnnnnnngggg* *riiiiinnnnnngggg*

Okay. That's it. A signal for a new wonderful day.

I quickly got up from the bed, turned off my alarm clock, and headed for the bathroom to get ready. After few minutes, I was finally done and headed for my wardrobe room.

Hmmm. Now, what should I wear? Maybe, a little formal and a little casual. I have to look neat and of course, handsome. Pfft. I am already handsome, I know. I just need to further compliment it with the clothes I’ll be wearing.

After I was done choosing for my clothes to wear, I heard umma shouting behind my bedroom door. "George Nicholas, get up. You're going to be late for school." she uttered as she knocked. And before she even repeated her knock, I quickly headed out of my room and greeted her as I continued to walk out then climb the stairs down, "Good morning, umma!"

"Good morning, appa!" I greeted him as I entered the dining room. I quickly went for my seat and stuff my plate with food.

"Good morning...?" Appa responded with an obvious confusion on his face.

"Good morning too, dear." Umma greeted back as she entered the room. She then sat at the seat in front of mine. "You seem to be in a good mood today, huh." Umma snapped.

"Not really, umma. I'm usually like this, you know."

"It looks to me, you're excited to go to school." Appa added.

"No, appa. There's nothing exciting in school."

"Why are you in your long sleeves then? Are you gonna go for an audition or something?" Umma asked.

I looked at her in disbelief, "No. I just want to wear this one, okay."

"Hmmm. Okay then…" she mumbled while looking at me in quizzical. Tsk, knowing Umma, she won't let this slip up.

I quickly finished my meal. Immediately afterwards, I bid goodbye to them, well, of course, gave them peck on their cheeks like they have obligated me to. Ughh. "Bye, umma. Bye, appa. I'll be going to school now."

Then, towards my last step before leaving the dining, my appa suddenly snapped, "Good luck in winning that girl's heart." I then felt like my body froze.

"Oh. So that is the reason why... My little boy's in love?" my umma added.

Aissh- this is so embarrassing.

"I'm going now, bye!" I shouted quickly then left before they even try to comment again.

 

---

 

Quickly as the school bell rang to signal the end of the second class period, I headed out of our classroom and almost sprinted for the other building of the school. "Yah, Nicholas! Where are you going?!" I heard nerdy Yoona as he tried to catch up with me.

"I'll catch up later at the cafeteria, weirdo! I just got some things to do first. Save us seats!" I shouted then hastened my pace.

"Fine!" he said. I looked back for a bit and it seemed he had complied as he headed for the other side of the corridor.

I arrived on time as the class period of the other section has just ended. I wandered around, hoping I can find her from the batch of students exiting the classroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter