Blessing of the Teen Prince

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Tiffany POV

My son and I have arrived at the place where I told him to drop by first before going home to the Hwang Manor. But, before going inside, I just happened to contact my best friend. I messaged her earlier yet, she never responded. Finally, now, she answered my call.

"Yup?" Jessica uttered from the other line.

"Finally, you decided to answer your phone!"

"Oh. Sorry about that. So, what's up?"

"Where are you now?"

"In my hotel room."

"You just arrived?"

"Nope. I've been here since hours ago. I left immediately when you went inside Sunkyu's apartment."

"What?! So, you've been planning to leave me there alone in the first place?!"

She chuckled, "Not exactly, okay. I just know you'll be successful on getting your son back. See? My hunch was right."

"But, what if I were not?!"

"I will come back for you." She then laughed sounding mischievous.

"Aisshh-- you are really so, soooooo--"

"Awesome?"

"Wha---" I sighed in defeat, "Yes, awesome... Anyway, thanks a lot for this."

"I just pushed you. I didn't exactly do anything."

"Well, without you annoying me, this won't happen."

"Yeah right." She chuckled.

"Anyway, I have to hang up now. I still have a date with my son."

"Alrighty, enjoy! Don't tell him I'm already back here, by the way. I don't want to spoil your fun with him for now."

"Okay, bye-bye."

"Buh-bye!"

I ended the call. I turned to face my son who, apparently, was just looking at me with a mix of boredom and disbelief. "And who was that?"

I chuckled, "Oh. Just a colleague of mine."

"Really?"

"Yup." I put away my phone to my back pocket. I put my arm over his shoulder. "So, let's go?"

He sighed loudly, "Umma. Why did you bring me here?"

"What? You always wanted us to go to an amusement park together."

He looked at me disbelievingly, "I never said that."

"Oh. Don't make me show you your video message for me. You were so much pleading me to come with you to this place."

"But when was that?! When I was eight?!" He scratched his head frantically in annoyance. "I'm already fourteen, umma!"

"Yah! What am I, then? Your father and I spent our first date in here! There are no age limits in amusement parks."

"You're a girl. Of course, you'll have an excuse to still like amusement parks on your age."

"Uhuh. And how about your father then?"

"He was just madly in love with you that he had no choice but to take you here."

I sighed loudly, "Fine. You win. Let's just go home." I started to walk away.

"Wait." he called.

I turned back. "Yup?"

He sighed loudly, "Let's just go inside."

I chuckled, "See? You still want it~"

"No! I had no choice, anyway. I don't want to waste our effort coming in here."

"Yay!" I quickly grabbed his hand and dragged him to the park. "Let's go!"

 

---

 

Sunkyu and I first stumbled upon the shooting range whereas prizes like stuff toys and many others can be won through successfully shooting a bull's eye. "You know, Yuri spent more than an hour playing this game just to get me a Totoro doll." I said and chuckled.

"Really? But, appa was a great shooter, you know."

"Oh. Yes, that's what he always says to me. But, during his game here, he was always complaining about the difference of the gun used here against an actual gun. He kept on saying it was fake and blah, blah. Then, afterwards, he said the game was a fraud, blah, and blah. Reasons."

He chuckled, "That sure is appa. Always ensures his pride was untainted."

"Wanna try?"

"Hmm. Nah."

"But, I want a Totoro doll."

He looked at me in disbelief, "What? You already have one."

"Yeah, but I want one from you too."

"Nope. Not gonna happen."

"Oh. Come on. Please~"

"Umma, stop it."

"Pwease~ Pwease~ Pweaaaseeeee~"

"Aisshhh--" He sighed loudly in defeat. "Oh. Alright."

 

 

*after-one-hour*

 

 

"Uhhmm-- Kyu?"

"Wait, umma. I'm gonna be successful on this try."

"I don't want it anymore."

He looked at me disbelievingly, "WHAT?!"

"I said I don't want it anymore."

"Aisshhh-- I already exerted too much effort on this! Now, you're saying you don't want it anymore?!"

"But, you're taking too long to get it!"

"You are so----! None in a thousand chance anyone will beat this game easily!"

"But, this is just a simple game, you know. I don't know why you and your father's having difficulty on playing this."

"WHAT?!"

"Err--simple game?"

He handed me the gun forcefully, "Just a simple game, huh? Why don't you try it then?"

"Alright. You pick a prize you want."

He looked over the booth of prizes. "I want that hoverboard." He looked at me mischievously and smirked, "But, I won't get my hopes up. You need seven bull's eye to get it." He then mumbled as he giggled, "And I don't even think you'll get to shoot one at all, not even the edge of the target."

"Oh. Okay."

 

 

*after-few-seconds*

 

 

"The hover board, please." I told the staff on the prizes booth.

"Here you go, Miss." he handed me the box of the item. "Congratulations again!"

"Thank you very much!" I turned and went back near my son. From the moment that I won, his mouth has been opened and his jaw was dropped while staring at me in awe. Well, it's until now, though.

I handed him the box. "Here you go! It's kinda heavy. Maybe, you can use it while we stroll around so you won't carry it along."

"..."

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"H-how could you do that so easy?!"

"Just a matter of luck, I guess?"

"Luck?!"

I chuckled, "Just kidding. It's kind of a matter of experience. You see... your Jessica-noona and I often go to amusement parks back in high school. We've been sweeping all the prizes from them. And you know what? Because of that, most of the amusement parks we visited decided to change their rules on winning like if you win the grand prize, you can never try again for the day."

"Ehh? If you're that good then, why you asked me to get one prize for you?! You even asked appa before too!"

"It's not really the prize that I want."

"So, you just wanted to see us suffer?!"

"What?! No! Don't you get it? Don't you know the feeling of someone doing his very best just to get you what you want? That's what I wanted, you know. That feeling."

He sighed loudly. Then he looked back to the prizes booth. Then, he smirked mischievously.

"Now, what are you thinking?" I asked.

"Umma."

"Yeah?"

"I want them all."

"What?!"

"Win them all for me."

"B-but-- they might have rules on--"

"No, they don't." He then looked at me with puppy eyes with his hands clasped together, pleading. "Please, please please~"

"Your aegyo won't work on me, anymore. You're too old for that. You're no longer cute."

He hugged me tightly while still looking at me with the same eyes, "Pwease~ pwease~ pweeaaaseeee~"

I sighed in defeat, "Fine."

 

 

*few-moments-later*

 

 

"Ma'am, excuse me?" another amusement park personnel snapped from behind.

"Yes?"

"I am uh---" He chuckled nervously. "I am the manager of this park. Uhmm... can I have a minute with you?"

I focused back on the target range, "Can you wait for a bit? I have that one last prize to get."

"Err-- ma'am? That is actually what I want to talk to you about."

I stopped and looked at him. "Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Well err---" He scratched the back of his head. "You have already won all the prizes, ma'am."

"Not all." I pointed at the last stuffed toy on the winning booth. "I haven't won that yet."

"Err-- but... Can you spare that last one?"

"Oh..."

Suddenly, the people around watching started complaining. "Yah. Let her shoot!" one said.

"Let her finish!" another said.

Sunkyu butted in, "Yeah, mister manager. I'm sure you don't want to get bashed on the internet for this." He went near and whispered, "Many people are already recording my umma's greatness. This might get viral and you'll be the one subject to bashing if you stop her."

The manager grinned widely and awkwardly, "Err-- right. You may proceed, ma'am."

I smiled at him, "Thank you very much."

Within few seconds, I shot the three ranges on the bull's eye. Thunderous claps and cheers went on afterwards from the crowd behind. "Thank you! Thank you!" I uttered and bowed at them.

Sunkyu's smiled proudly and held my hand up. "My mom, everyone!" he shouted and everyone cheered and clapped again.

 

---

 

"Now, what are you planning to do with these prizes, huh?" I asked as we both stack them on the pushcart the amusement park lent us.

"We can make money out of this." He placed the last box and started to push the cart. "Let's go, umma. Have you already called one of your staffs?"

"Err- yeah? He'll be here in thirty minutes, though."

"Great. We have more time for rides! Let's go!"

"Hmm--- How about we ride the three roller coasters next?"

"Sure!" We started to head for our next ride.

I chuckled, "You know, I totally remember your father whining and whining about riding them back then. And note, we only rode two consecutively."

He chuckled, "The last time I went with appa, he didn't ride any. I went with Yoong-hyung. Appa just waited for us at a bench."

"You sure do wanna ride them?"

"Of course, yes! I'm not as chicken as appa."

"Well, I just thought you might have inherited that too. See, you got you poor skills in shooting from him."

He glanced at me, looking irritated, "That shooting game's different from the actual one, okay."

"Oh yeah? What makes it different?"

"The gun being used!" He sighed loudly and looked away. "Never mind. You'll never understand."

I chuckled, "In shooting, the weapon doesn't matter, Kyu. It's on the aiming and little bit of physics."

"Appa was really a great shooter, okay. I went with him on one firing range when Yoong-hyung a challenged him a long time ago. I saw it with my own eyes. There's just something weird on the target range here."

"Pfft. Reasons."

As planned, we rode the three rollercoasters consecutively. And yeah, unlike his father, he totally enjoyed the rides. Afterwards, we tried all the other rides like bump cars, boat ride, carousel, and such. Lastly, we decided to have the Ferris wheel as our last ride before going home.

"Gosh. I sure miss this place." I snapped.

He sighed deeply, "Me too."

I elbowed his side and , "So, it turns out you love coming here too, huh?"

"Alright. Alright. You win." Then, he smiled. "But, I never thought it will be more enjoyable going here with you."

"Thanks." Then, I realized and looked at him in disbelief, "You just sugarcoated your insult on me, didn't you?"

He laughed, "No, no. It's a compliment, umma. I know going here with you is already enjoyable, but it turned out to be much better. It's a lot more enjoyable. And awesome."

"Hmm. Admit it. I'm cooler than your father."

"I guess at some things. You are always so strict so, I don't know. You're both cool, anyway. There's no competition on that."

"Well, I'm your only parent left now, so..."

He looked at me disbelievingly, "Really, umma? Are you really for real?"

I chuckled, "Oh come on. Yuri left this world for almost four years already. There's nothing wrong to kid around about the happenings in the past."

"Fine." He sighed, "You win. You're cooler. If he is, he would still be alive right now."

"Wow. You're like saying I just won by default."

He chuckled, "That's not what I meant, okay."

"Fine. Whatever."

"..."

"..."

"Umma."

"Yeah?"

He looked at me and uttered shyly, "I missed you a lot."

I smiled in return, "I missed you so much too."

He looked away and scratched his head, "Maybe we should come here often. Or, let's go to the arcade. Maybe you can try getting the prizes from the claw cranes there."

"Alright." I fixed his hair. "We can go wherever you want to go."

Tears then fell from his eyes. He immediately wiped them. "I'm sorry for everything, umma."

I chuckled, "We're already done with apologies since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter