Friends and Departures

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yay! Double update! :DD

 

 

Yuri POV

*21st-of-September*

At the riverside was his car parked. He was sitting alone, leaning on its side.  He picked up the bottled beer from the ground and gulped all of its contents. That was already his fourteenth bottle for the night. It seems he has no other plan but to drown himself with liquor all the way.

Anyone will likely be the same way if one will experience the same thing. Well, having just a little taste of bliss in a snap is nothing but a mere torture. Rather than feel it for a short while, anyone would rather not want to feel it at all.

Yet, who would have thought it will turn out like this? If one's to look backwards, everything was actually perfect for them...

 

Sense of fulfillment. Full of love. Endless happiness.

 

Those were the words that, perhaps, could totally describe the life for the weeks passed of my best friend, Yoong. Since the twenty-ninth of last month 'til the morning of yesterday, nothing can even make him and Jessica be apart. Their relationship was actually analogous to couples newly bound by the holy matrimony.

However, it seems that destiny sure strikes like lightning... so fast, so cruel, so painful.

With just his simple attempt of sealing his relationship with the woman he loved the most by means of an engagement, everything in his life shattered instead. Jessica ended their relationship with no definite reason at all.

*Sigh*.

This will be my third attempt of talking to him. Apparently, he didn't want to have a talk with me either and rather sulk himself alone.

 

As I went near, he heard my footsteps. "Hyung." he called.

"Hey." I went near and sat by his side a meter away from him.

"..."

"..."

"Where did I go wrong?"

"..."

"Tell me."

"I... I don't know. But from what I see, Jessica might have another reason why."

"So, what are you pointing? It's just another 'it's not you, it's me' drama from her?"

"I guess..."

"..."

"..."

"I love her, hyung... much more than anyone in the world."

"..."

"But why? Why did she have to hurt me like this? I never broke her heart. It was always Taeyeon-hyung who did all the time. But why? Why am I always the one suffering?"

"You know what they say... if you love someone, you have to let her go. If she comes back to you, then, that's the sign she's yours..."

He chuckled bitterly, "I already did that twice. Do I have to do it for the third time just to be sure...?"

"I don't know..." I sighed. "Maybe, no one can really create standard rules in love... It's really much... a complicated aspect."

"Yeah... you're right..."

"..."

"..."

"Yoong."

"..."

"Give her time. You are aware enough that Jessica isn't really a typical girl. She have deep, unhealed wounds in her heart she's trying to deal with for years."

"I know... I have accepted that fact right from the beginning. I know this time will come that she'll leave me too..."

"..."

"But I tried my best. Swallowed my pride, tried to be the best boyfriend she'll ever have, but then... It seems like my efforts aren't enough."

"..."

"And that's the sign I was waiting for. Jessica and I aren't really meant to be." Then, tears dripped down on his cheeks. "But what hurts most is... no matter how much I tell myself to not care, think, and just forget everything about her, my heart does not cooperate. And instead, I still want to wait for her to come back to me..." And he continued to cry for the rest of the time we stayed on that riverside.

 

I've never seen Yoong being too hurt like this. Even if I try to console him more, nothing can really mend his heart. Another love? I doubt that will do... Even that doesn't work on me.

 

---

 

Yoong and I went to the nearest convenience store to sober him up with coffee.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay to go home alone? I can give you a ride." I said.

He chuckled, "Don't worry about me, hyung. And hey, that's highly unusual of you to have at least concern about me. Are you mad?"

"Idiot. Of course, I do care about you. You're like a younger brother to me."

"Oh really, huh? As far as I can remember, you almost wanted to kill me for hitting on your ex."

"When it comes to Tiffany, it's different, brother. Right now, no Tiffany-jealousy-wise, I'm here for you."

"Gee. Whatever. I'll be the same anyway if you dare hit on my Jes--" Then, it had hit him. He looked down sadly. "She used to be mine... Not anymore..."

I tapped his shoulder. "Cheer up."

He then faked a smile, "Well... I should be a man of my word. I told her I will forget about her from then on, I should be."

"What is your plan? Don't tell me you're gonna be back to your old self, hitting on each and every girl available out there?"

He sighed, "I have no choice."

"I doubt. You'll be the same as me. On every other girl, I could only see Tiffany. It's like she's a warning sign whenever I try to cheat."

"You never tried to cheat, hyung. You had your first one night stand and yet, it's still with Fany-noona." he said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Hey, that isn't what I am pertaining to, okay. I meant to say, about me glancing over other girls. That's already considered cheating for me."

"Alright, alright. Whatever. Will work or not, I'll still try to date. There's no harm, anyway, right?"

"Yeah."

As we continued on drinking coffee, I suddenly noticed a suspicious man lurking outside and take glances at Yoong. Then, when Yoong decided to buy another cup and went for the counter, he was bumped by a black suited man who I am familiar of. It was one of the bodyguards Henry was together with when he tortured me.

The man in suit glared over Yoong at first then, left the convenience store.

"The next time, I'm sure it wouldn't just be you and your son... Your foster father... even your friends... their lives will be at stake too and it will be just because of your reckless decision..."

This must be what Ms. Elizabeth was pertaining to.

Young came back and sat in front of me, He looked like he already have a clue about those suspicious men monitoring us. "Tell me, Hyung. Are they those guys?"

"Yeah."

"Why are they still after you? Did you make a move to get Fany-noona again?"

"No. I haven't yet. But... all I am sure is who are they after this time."

He took a sip from his cup, "I See...So, it wasn't really just my feeling, huh?"

"Henry really doesn't have plans to stop meddling with my life. Now, he's even after those close to me."

He sighed, "Well, hyung... I guess this it."

"Yeah..."

"When will we see each other again?"

"I don't know... probably, four, seven months... I guarantee this will take a long while."

"Alright. So, I guess, see you again someday?"

"Yeah... Take care of yourself man."

"You too."

"I'm sorry if I also made you involve with this crap I'm having right now."

"It's all okay to me. Besides..." He then stood up and smirked at me. "It's been a while since I had fun playing games. I need to be distracted too and this is a good way to do that."

 

Afterwards, Yoong left the convenience store and rode his car. The two suspicious men hurriedly rode their respective cars and followed Yoong.

*Sigh*. I hope he'll be okay.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter