An Obsequy for the Spurious Brother

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

The half of Sehun's head was blown up. He laid down on the ground lifeless. It triggered panic at the street where we were. People ran and escaped from the place.


Sehun's dead.

He's dead.

He's now lifeless in front of me.


My brother's dead...


Mercilessly killed...

Rage has then consumed me.


I observed the place in search for the culprit behind this. It was not Yuri nor anyone from his security group. They all carried weapons that were impossible to give this much damage. A shotgun might have been used based on the impact.

It came from the right, definitely from an elevated area. I stared at the upper part of the building. At the rooftop, there was a man in black who was visible enough to be running away from the scene.

I took the gun of one of Yuri's security personnel. I rushed to chase after the man in black. Around thirty meters farther away from the place of incident, I found my chance. He tried to jump to another building. I aimed at his foot and successfully hit him. He fell down on the wall of the building, having himself hanged with only his hand in support.

I shot him again in his hand. He helplessly has fallen down on the ground. It had broken his back from the impact of the fall. I went in front of him, still aiming my gun at him. "Who are you?! Who do you work for?!"

Tears have fallen from my eyes. "Why the --- why my brother?!"

His face depicted nothing. Empty. He just stared back at me. I was tempted to kill him. I want to ing pull the trigger.

"Tiffany, no." Yuri snapped me out. He went near and gripped my forearm. "Stop."

"He deserves to die! He deserves to ing die!"

"Don't become like him."

...

"Don't..."  He lowered my arm. Then, he took the gun away from me.

Yuri's security came and immediately strangled him. The Seoul Police have arrived as well. However, as he was forced to stand up, he quickly stole one of the police's gun. "Henry Hwang!" he suddenly shouted. He aimed it at his own head and pulled its trigger.

 

 

---

 

 


"Tiffany."  Yuri snapped. He helped me wiped my tears. "What's wrong?"

"This ing cruel world... So ing awful... So ing unforgivable..."

...

"Why...?"

...

"How could some people end someone else's life that easy? Like, blowing off someone's head just like that...? How could they even do that to their own selves? So ing heinous... so ing pure evil..."

...

"Sehun... He's my brother. He has always been for five years... Even if he did horrible things to me, I know he was not pure evil. He didn't deserve to die like that."

"I know..."

"He deserves justice for his death. I'll make them pay. I'll kill the one behind this myself."

"Tiffany..." He held my hand. "Please, don't think this way. Don't get this to your head... I know it's traumatic." He smiled bitterly then looked away. "It was ing traumatic. I saw my father died the same way... But, we live in an imperfect world. Pure evil does exist. But, that doesn't mean we have to condemn this world. You just have to make sure to not let hatred taint your heart."

"Then, what do you want me to do? Nothing? Just let the real culprit behind it to go on loose?"

"We will get him. But we will not seek punishment through their same method."

...

"You better hold yourself together, Tiffany."

"But..."

"No one's born evil. That's what you've always been saying, right?" 

Someone then knocked on the door of my bedroom where Yuri and I are currently inside.

"Come in." Yuri shouted.

Sunkyu opened the door then snapped, "Umma. Appa. The police are here."

The three of us went down. There were three policemen in the central living room along with mom, aunt Boa, Uncle Vincent, and surprisingly, Jessica and Yoong.

"Jessica. Yoong. I didn't know you'll return today." I snapped as we went near them.

"We flew back as quickly as we could." Jessica answered. 

"I see."

She held my hand. "Are you okay?"

I smiled faintly. "Yes..."

"Officer Jonghyun." Yuri then snapped at one of the policemen.

"Mister Kwon Yuri. It's good to see you again." They shook hands. "I'm glad that you still remember me."

"Prison time." Yuri chuckled. "It was one of the good old times in my life." Then, he redirected, "What makes you visit, by the way?"

"The investigation for the murder of Sehun Hwang was transferred to me, Sir."

"I see... Any updates on who ordered his assassination earlier?"

He sighed deeply. "None so far. But, we retrieved a device in his clothes at the time of the incident." He pulled out a flash drive sealed in a transparent plastic bag. He handed it to Yuri. "There were recorded videos in this device."

"What were those about?"

"He seemed to love recording himself. It's more like a video diary. We decided to just briefly scan through the videos as those involved too many personal matters..."  He looked at me briefly then back to him. "Those were mostly related to his stay here with the Hwangs. That's why we would like to request from your side to watch it too, help us if there may be clues you'll find."

"Okay. Thank you for this."

"We'll let you know right away if something came up with our investigation."

"Okay. We'll let you know too if we successfully found information as well."

"Thank you, sir. We'll be going now." He bowed at us. Then, he snapped at Uncle Vincent, "It's really great to see you again, Pops."

"It's great to see you too." Then, he smiled meaningfully. "Take care of Seohyun, okay?"

Police Officer Jonghyun suddenly blushed, "Y-yes, I will, sir."

The three policemen bowed again at us then left.

"Wait, oppa." Aunt Boa snapped at Uncle then chuckled. "So, you're practically saying Seohyun's dating that policeman right now?"

"Yup. Seohyun's been staying in the country for months already and she visits that guy often. I am close to that guy because he's the prison guard back then who always helps me out and until now on this 'personal investigation' of mine."

Jessica suddenly chuckled, "Kinda funny how a psychotic kidnapper ended up with a policeman."

"Yah. Sica baby." Yoong snapped at her. "This isn't the time to joke around like that." Then, he looked at his older brother. "Should we take a look at the videos?"

"Yes. Of course." Yuri answered.

Mom finally uttered words, "Come. Let's head to the other living room. We can use the large TV screen to view the contents."

As we headed to the room, Aunt Boa asked uncle again, "Oppa, why do you think the assassin shouted Jaejoong's name before he died?"

Uncle sighed loudly, "I don't know... We still couldn't contact Jaejoong until now to clarify this one."

With that, mom's expression turned to a mix of sadness and worriment. Mom has been in turmoil in weeks because of my father's disappearance. During Hyoyeon and Sooyoung's wedding, she could still contact him. But, then, after that... there was zero percent news about him. No one knows where he is.

Could it be... Could it be my dad behind this?

So, it turned out he really hasn't changed? Or, was eliminating Sehun really part of his plan all along?

 

We arrived at the living room. Yoong and Yuri immediately prepared the LED TV and the latter's laptop to screencast the videos.

"These videos are dated way back six years ago." Yoong snapped as he browsed the flash drive's contents in the laptop.

"Open the earliest one." Yuri ordered and he complied. The video was cast on the screen. Sehun was in his previous bedroom, sitting on his computer chair.

**

"Hello, here I am again, 1st of August, 2012. Now with a brand new subject: subject 427." He smiled. "The killing of Stephanie Hwang." He slid his chair away, "Today is the start of my new mission. See? I successfully infiltrated their residence." He spun the chair around. "I'm gonna be acting as a brother this time which is something new cus I'll be living with my subject for a period of time." As he stopped it from spinning, he looked intently at the camera. "I'll try to stay around for a couple of weeks... Hmmm... or months... I wanna explore how being a Hwang is like." He grinned widely. "This is gonna be fun. "

**

That was the end of the video. Yoong then played the next, 3rd of August, same year.

**

"Do you wanna know what I found out?" He smirked mischievously. "This family is so ed up." He chuckled loudly. "And do you wanna know how ed up my subject is? She's a product of !" He started to laugh hysterically. "Hahahahahaha! This is so ing funny! Really, freaking seriously! This is gonna be entertaining! Hahahahha!" 
 
**

Sehun was ing laughing non-stop on the video as he mocked my mom and dad. I happened to glance briefly at my mom. Her expression was dark. Her fists were balled up too as if trying to resist her temper. 

Aunt Boa suddenly snapped, "Can you skip the video, Yoong?"

Yoong was about to comply when I butted, "No."

They all gazed at me in confusion. Yoong happened to pause the video too.

"I want to see all of the videos." I said.

"Was Sehun telling the truth?" Sunkyu suddenly snapped. We looked at him in horror. It slipped my mind that he's here with us too. He looked at mom, "Was that the reason why you hated halapoji so much, halmunee?"

Mom couldn't answer him. He redirected to me, "Umma? Was it true?" He now looked so horrified.

"Don't get it to your head, Sunkyu." Yuri then uttered to him, "It was a complicated matter and it does not concern you." Then, he looked at Jessica. "Can you take him out?"

"S-sure--"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter