Learning the Art of Letting Go

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

Awkward~

 

      Row, row, row your boat,

      Gently down the stream.

 

 

So awkward~

 

      Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

      Life is but a dream.

 

Really really really Awkward~

 

Our yacht ride is nothing but extremely awkward silence. Seriously, it’s like none of us were really happy about everyone together in this boat ride, even Sooyoung too. I could see all over his face like he’s regretting his attempt of this get-together. To be honest I do not like this gathering either. It’s a bad attempt, really bad attempt. I’d rather be with Sooyoung alone, you know.

 

Anyways, Sooyoung did nothing but hugged me playfully throughout the ride. He kept on kissing my cheek too. Now this time, he went down on my shoulder and poured it kisses and made Yuri look at us shockingly. He looks as if someone just stole his favorite food. Oh I know what this is. Yuri had a thing for my shoulders. He really loved them like he’s giving these kisses each and every minute of a day. I don’t even know why, shoulder-, perhaps?

 

Yuri started to whisper something to Jessica. The latter looked at him in disbelief at first but then whispered back to him. It seemed like they’re arguing about something. Then all of a sudden...

 

They kissed.

 

 

...

 

 

What the fudge is this?! Are they trying to make me jealous?

 

If they really are then I feel sorry for them because it’s not working for me...

 

For real...

 

 

Alright! Alright! I feel jealous okay, like I wanted to throw him in the sea. Seriously, how could this happen to me?!

 

Oh well, since they’re playing this trick on me, I might as well join in. I pulled Sooyoung and gave him a kiss on the lips. When we broke away, I saw Yuri extremely shocked at what I did. He’s like raging with jealousy. Mmmm- I won this time, haha!

 

But without a warning he pulled Jessica into him again and they made out. Arrrgghhhhh- He’s so unfair! I can’t do that to Sooyoung yet! I was about to pull Soo for another kiss but then I noticed Hyoyeon, sitting in front of us, looking at us bitterly. She then smiled faintly at me and looked away. So, she really got a thing for Sooyoung? Oh dear. This really is an awkward ride. I decided to just shrug off my counterattack. I don’t want to hurt my friend just for this.

 

“I can’t wait to get to the beach!” Yoong shouted sounding like annoyed about something. Yuri and Jessica stopped kissing as they heard him. He looked away from them and continued, “No, really! I will find a girl to date there. A girl who will not leave me out of the blue and for no reason at all! Oh wait. I’ll find a girl who’ll never ever break my heart to date one of my friends!”

 

“Yoong calm down.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Oh don’t worry. I am calm!” He replied angrily. “Can’t this boat be a little faster?! I can’t wait to get to see my future girlfriend!”

 

“We’ll be there in five minutes Sir Im.” The driver said.

 

Jessica looked as if hurt at what Yoong said. I know she looks usually sad but this time it’s like she’s about to cry. The rest of the ride became more silent than ever. No one even dared to talk or even make a move.

 

We finally arrived and Yoong rushed inside Soo’s vacation house, not even bother to ask Soo before getting in. I guess he’s really pissed off about the PDA earlier.

 

“Cupcake, I’ll just arrange some business there. I’ll see you later, okay?” Sooyoung said. He kissed me and went to talk to the caretaker. I saw Taeyeon heading towards the balcony and I followed.

 

“I sure missed this place. Good old times. Before we’re only the five of us here and now you and emo-girl came with us too.” Taeyeon said.

 

“So, it’s like a tradition to be here on Soo’s birthday?”

 

“Uhhmm- there was a time that we’re here even without occasion. You know, just to hunt girls.” He answered, flashing a goofy grin.

 

“Tae, can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Aren’t you hurt?”

 

“About what?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about.”

 

“Nah. I already accepted the reality that Jessica and I are already done, ever since she met Yoong. That was like my sign that I lost the fight and I’m now just staring at the mess I made.”

 

“It’s not the end of the world, TaeTae, if you really do love her then fight for her.”

 

“I know but there are always things in this world, Tiffany, things we can really never have because they’re really not meant for us. I do love her. But what matters most now is that she’s happy. That’s enough for me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter