Power-tripping at Its Finest

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is advised to not skip this one out or you'll get lost in the upcoming scenes in the near future. tyvm

 

Tiffany POV

It's Monday morning, 29th of August, 2016. Another start of a busy week. Well, at least, Yoong and I shared too much satisfying days and nights since the 24th. Fortunately, throughout last week, Yoong complied with what I wanted and never bothered to open senseless topics. We just happened to enjoy our whole weekend only thinking about and pleasuring each other. Now, I do hope this will continue for long. I just hope he'll completely settle to not meddle with my decision.

Anyway, as the usual routine, Yoong and I are already prepping ourselves up for work. Yet, this time, we won't be taking a ride with one car together. He has unfinished business in Incheon so, he needs to take a separate car of his own. It seems I'll be lonely for few hours after work later too, though.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Yoong looked at me in confusion. "Who will be visiting us this early Monday morning?"

"Hmmm. Probably, it's my parents. Wait. I'll get it." I headed for the entrance. As I opened, I saw a familiar delivery guy holding a big bouquet of flowers. Just a heads up, at exactly 29th of every month, I've been receiving flowers from an unknown sender for the years passed. It actually started January of 2014, I think. Yet, until now I still couldn't find out who this mystery sender is.

"Delivery, Miss Stephanie Hwang." he snapped while smiling at me warmly.

I smiled in relief, "Oh. It was just you." He handed me the bouquet. "Thank you." I quickly redirected the topic, "So, are you now going to answer my question?"

He chuckled and asked innocently, "What question?"

"Don't play tricks on me. I know you know what I'm talking about."

He shook his head, "I really don't know the identity of the sender, Miss Hwang."

"Oh, really huh? What if this is kind of lethal or something? What if there's a poisonous chemical in here or perhaps a bomb? Will your company shoulder the blame afterwards?"

He chuckled again, "Rest assured, Miss Hwang. I made sure there's nothing harmful on that bouquet. I'm pretty sure that sender means no harm to you. Shouldn't you be happy instead, though? Like, you got a secret admirer or something?" He grinned widely, "I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't mind, though. That sure is a batch of very nice and beautiful flowers to display inside your house."

I chuckled back, "Alright. Alright. I get it. I will never ever be successful in getting an answer from you. Thank you again. But, mind you. This has to be stopped soon, okay?" I then whispered, "My boyfriend and I are getting married soon. I don't want to have jealousy problems in the future, okay?"

He smiled awkwardly, "But, it's not like I can just tell our client to stop, right?"

"Well, the next time, you better keep the flowers yourself. Don't worry, if your company will interrogate you for that, better let me talk to your management to clear you out."

"I can just deliver it straight to your office then."

I raised my eyebrows at him. Is he somehow conniving with that stranger or something?

He chuckled awkwardly then bid, "I'll be going now, Miss Hwang. Have a nice day." He bowed his head then quickly and clumsily left. Tsk tsk. What a silly guy...

I headed for the living room and placed the bouquet of flowers on top of the copy table. I then noticed a greeting card inside. I opened it and the very same message over the years was written on it:

     'Smile.'

Well, that sure successfully put a smile on my lips, though.

I picked up the two vases situated on top of the side table beside the couch and had them cleaned up and filled with water in the kitchen. When I got back, I saw Yoong holding the greeting card. "So, it's your secret admirer again, huh?"

I chuckled, "What? It seems to be just a platonic message, Yoongie." I busied myself arranging the flowers on the two vases.

"Platonic?" He chuckled back. "The message yes, but, buying you expensive set of flowers every month sure is not a platonic gesture."

"You don't have to worry, Yoong. I have already told the delivery guy to keep the bouquet to himself the next time. Besides, shouldn't you be happy that we're getting free flowers for display? At least, we don't need to waste money to beautify our home."

He sighed loudly, "Fine... Anyway, have you found out who this mystery sender is? I've been irking to know so I can hunt for him and land a punch on his face."

I chuckled again, "Come on. He means no harm. Leave it alone, will you?"

He looked at me quizzically, "Why do I feel like you're enjoying the fact that someone's been giving you flowers all the time?"

"Well, who wouldn't be happy to have a secret admirer, huh? It just means after all these years, my appeal hasn't faded off, you know." I stood up. "There, all set and done."

He went near and held me on the waist. "Your beauty and appeal never faded off. In fact, you've become more beautiful and charming for the past years." He kissed me on the lips. "And I should take credit for that, I think."

I giggled, "Yes, you do." I kissed him back.

"I'll be going now, love. I need to drop by at the main office first before heading to Incheon."

"Okay, take care. I love you."

"I love you too." He answered. He gave me a kiss on the lips again, then, left the place.

After I was done preparing for work, my dad immediately left a voice message on our home phone. "Stephanie Miyoung Hwang!" he shouted so loudly and angrily. "I am ordering you to come here at the manor IMMEDIATELY! I know you are hearing me! I know you are still in there! I have eyes and ears everywhere! You are so dead. You are really so dead if you're not gonna show up here now!" And suddenly, he ended it.

*Sigh*. What a bad way to start the day.

 

---

 

Of course, as a respectful daughter as I am, I complied with my father's order and headed for the Hwang manor. Also, in preparation for this upcoming rant from my parents, I messaged my lawyer to standby in front of the manor. Well, I already know what my father's going to rant about and I'm pretty sure it's about my recent decision to cut off ties with BPE. So, then, I have to be ready.

When I arrived at the manor, I headed straight inside. Then, I noticed Sehun hanging out in the living room and was busy with his phone. I cleared my throat to catch his attention. He looked at me sullenly. I raised my one eyebrow and snapped, "Mind explain why you are still here?"

"It's none of your business." he sassed and focused back to his phone.

"Don't make me angry, bastard."

"Whatever."

"Alright then." I called the attention of two of our male servants and asked for them to accompany me to the bastard's room. As we climbed the stairs, Sehun looked at me in disbelief, "What are you gonna do?!"

"You can see it for yourself." When we finally reached the bedroom, I ordered the two servants to start on clearing out the room.

Sehun finally caught up and shouted at them, "Yah! Put my things down!"

I chuckled and looked at him, "Wait. YOUR? Mister bastard, apparently, you just possess them. You do not own them." I redirected to the servants, "Obey only me or you'll be expecting to lose your job in a snap." They started to panic and quickened on their work. I told one to ask for assistance for his other fellow servants to hasten the job.

Sehun couldn't do anything and was just left standing there watching the things he milked out from being a bastard of my father got thrown out of his room. I snapped, "You better take all the things you want before these will all be cleared out. See? I'm still that generous, you know."

He glared at me, "Father's gonna know about this and you're going to be in trouble big time!"

I mocked a chuckle and acted in sarcasm, "Oh really? Oooohh-- I'm scared, so scared~~"

Soon, mom and dad noticed the commotion going on. They went up to the second floor. Dad immediately interrogated me, "What the hell is this?!"

"Dad, isn't it obvious? I'm kicking him out from the manor."

Dad suddenly shouted at me, "I am the one who has the right to evict anyone out of this house and not you!"

"He's just your bastard, dear father. I have already tolerated you for five ing years on letting him live here with our family. It's about ing damn time to oust him out."

"Still, I a---"

"Okay, okay, how about this...? Would you rather choose your poor bastard over me?"

He looked at me disbelievingly, "What? I will not choose. You are both my children."

"I am dead serious, dad. Me or him?"

Dad didn't respond and just engaged in a staring battle with me.

I smiled, "Come on. Don't be shy. It will be me, right?"

"Stephanie, he has nowhere else to go!"

I nodded and looked at him sadly, "And I don't ing care."

Out of frustration, dad pulled his hair out and groaned. He looked at mom, "Aiishhh-- Aren't you gonna do anything?!"

I chuckled, "Are you for real? You're expecting mom to defend your bastard?" I redirected back to Sehun who was just glaring at me the whole time. "Now, what are you waiting for? Shoo, shoo. We don't have all the time in the World. Get what you want and leave."

He gritted his teeth out of anger. Then, in the end, he complied in defeat. He picked up a backpack and started to fill it out with some things including a laptop. After he was done, he went near me and stated in so much fury, " you."

"Oh my God, Sehun. I'm so sorry, but, I'm not really into the thing. I can't just agree with you ing me."

He groaned then shouted, "You ! You know what?! Now, I don't regret all the things I did for the past years. I don't regret any! You selfish ! I hope you'll live a miserable life forever! You deserved everything that happened to you!" he stomped his way out of the manor.

I smiled triumphantly, "Mission accomplished." I redirected to our servants. "Thank you, everyone, for your support." I said and they bowed at me in return. I looked at my parents, "So, the talk... Come along, let's do it in the dining hall." I walked out of the room and left them.

 

---

 

I asked for our servants to prepare some breakfast meal. Luckily, there were some left from the meal my parents had earlier. They served them to me immediately. Finally, a decent meal to start the day.

"Stephanie!" dad shouted as soon as he got inside the dining hall. Mom was also following behind. He went to the other side of the table, facing me. He slammed his hands on the table while glaring at me furiously.

"Come on. Let's eat."

He ignored me and stated, "You are here to talk to me, not to oust anyone in the house nor fool around like this!"

"I'm not fooling around, dad. I'm trying to fill up my empty stomach with food. I haven't had breakfast yet, see. You two already ate, right? Give me a break at least. We'll talk right away after I'm done."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter