The Setting of Another Path of Life

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoong POV

 

*Dimitriv-cafe, -March-9, -2013*

 

"It's been days already..." Tiffany-noona sighed loudly and dropped her head on the table. "Where the heck is Sooyoung...?"

 

"..."

 

She patted my left forehand, "You know, I've been thinking that, maybe, Sooyoung flew to Las Vegas just to see Hyoyeon." She then giggled. "So romantic... Aren't they cute?!"

 

"..."

 

She sighed loudly again. "Now, it feels like I'm just talking to the wind."

 

"..."

 

"Yoong? Are you even listening to me?"

 

"H-huh? Uhh... yeah."

 

"Oh, yeah? Then, what did I say?" she challenged.

 

"Uhhmm... something about his absence."

 

"Yoong." She looked at me in unamused manner.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Just spill it. You've been like that since yesterday."

 

I sighed, "Well, I was thinking, if, maybe, Yuri-hyung has other relatives?"

 

"Hmmm. The Goos?"

 

"The Goos... Yes... But, how about the Kwon side?"

 

"I don't know. Yuri told me nothing about his relatives on his father's side."

 

"I see..." The mysterious caller probably pertains to Sunkyu then?

 

"And Sunkyu wasn't even his brother..." she mumbled.

 

I looked back to her, "Wait, Sunkyu wasn't his real brother?"

 

"As far as I could remember, Mr. Goo was the one who knows everything about his family. He said Yuri was an only child and that Sunkyu's not really related to him at all."

 

"I see... but, have he ever mentioned a half-brother of his or something?"

 

"Hmm... No, none at all..."

 

"Oh. Okay..."

 

"Say... may I ask, why?"

 

"What why?"

 

"Why are you asking about it?"

 

"Oh. Nothing. I just remembered his funeral. There was not even a single person related to him by blood who went."

 

She looked away, "Yeah..."

 

I faked a chuckle, "Hey, I didn't mean for you to sulk like that."

 

"Who wouldn't? The Goos were his only relatives left and yet, they didn't even consider visiting his funeral? Or even his grave, at least?"

 

"But, weren't they the ones who filed the case against him in the first place? There may be complications. You know, even families do have conflicts within." Like yours... Like mine...

 

"Hmm. Perhaps you're right..."

 

"..."

 

"But, you know what? Something bothers me more. Why did they withdraw Yuri's case when he's already dead then? There's no more point, right?"

 

"Uhhmm. Maybe for his honor? At least he died with no actual case under his name?"

 

"Hmm... It maybe is so..."

 

But Tiffany-noona does have a point. There are too many inconsistencies with the last events prior to his death and with those afterwards. And this is one of them.

 

"So, would you want me to investigate further on this?" I asked.

 

"Oh, no, no. It's all okay. Besides, it was a good thing, anyway. If we touch that one further, we may just be disappointed in the end."

 

"Hmm... point taken."

 

"Now, going back to Sooyoung, did you get to talk to him already?"

 

"Nope. Same as you, still has no clue."

 

"Ahh I see..." She sighed loudly and looked outside through the window of the cafe, "You know, it's getting boring each and every day. I miss school. At least, there's something to think of to if I'm there."

 

"Yeah, but, how about your tummy? Don't you think it would cause a commotion in school if they see you like that?"

 

"Come on. Everyone in school knows Yuri and I were practically living together."

 

"Yeah, but they also knew Yuri left since long ago. Tell me, how will they think of you then? That you got pregnant by someone else?"

 

She sighed," So, I have no choice but to embrace this boring life, huh?"

 

"Absolutely... Say, don't you have any appointment with your doctor today?"

 

"Nah. We had it last Monday. Mom accompanied me there."

 

"Hmmm... Getting in better terms with your mom now, huh?"

 

She smiled as she sipped from her coffee. "Yeah. One thing that I feel so thankful on everything that happened is that, my relationship with my mother has strengthened."

 

"Yeah, I feel thankful too. Your mother doesn't have bad blood on me anymore, finally."

 

She giggled, "Well, my mom has been too overprotective of me recently. I'm sorry for that."

 

"You know… I think she has always been."

 

She smiled warmly as she stared over her coffee, "Yeah. I might have been just too dense for me not to noticed that before..."

 

"So... Have you found out the gender of your child?"

 

"Nah. I told my doctor not to tell me that. I want it to be a surprise."

 

"Well, it will just be three months left and you'll know."

 

"Yeah..." She placed her one hand on her tummy, caressed it gently and smiled softly as she glances over. Then, she gazed back at me and called my name softly, "Yoong."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Thank you."

 

"For what?"

 

"For being here with me... You never left my side and has always been helping me out. I know I've been bothering you for so long."

 

"Noona. Don't thank me and you're not a bother to me. I wanted this too, anyway."

 

"You wanted this too?" her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

I chuckled, "I mean, you've been helping me out too. Being with you makes me feel... alive." I raised my right hand. "Promise, you really do."

 

"Why? What's bothering you?"

 

I shook my head, "There's no need for you to know, for now. Maybe someday."

 

"Oh come on. Just spill it."

 

"You know, one thing that Yuri-hyung told me about you is that, you have very low brain capacity. Too much problems can make that explode. I don't wanna get blamed for that."

 

"Yah!" She slapped my forearm. "You're so mean!"

 

I chuckled again, "But that was Yuri-hyung!"

 

"Yah? Don't drag Yuri on this."

 

"But, I swear it was him."

 

She pouted cutely, "Now, you're making me miss Yuri even more."

 

"Sorry. Sorry."

 

"Now, tell me, what's bugging you. At least, we should be fair with each other. You're totally aware of mine, you know."

 

"Next time."

 

"Don't tell me, it's Jessica again?"

 

"Why do you always think it's all about her?"

 

"So, I'm wrong?"

 

I sighed, "Okay. Partly. She never left my mind, anyway. But, the other thing is, I was kicked out from our household. I was disowned completely by my father and now I'm living alone, surname less, totally no parental support and guidance."

 

"Whoa. Why didn’t you tell me about that before?"

 

"Do you really want me to say it again?"

 

"Aissshh-- that Yuri. How could he tell everyone that?! I'm not that stupid, okay!"

 

"He didn't say you're stupid."

 

"Hmph. When I die and get to meet him in the other world, I'm so gonna spank him."

 

And that had me chuckled. Sure, Tiffany-noona's getting better and better every day. See? She can now even joke about her late love. It's a big progress, I say.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter