The Sword of Renunciation against the Dagger of Repentance

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

Three months have passed and I'm still unhappy with my life. Yeah, I'm still dating Sooyoung. He's a nice boyfriend, don't get me wrong. But still, why am I feeling like this? I should be happy. I know he's the prince I was looking for but tell me, why after all this time I've been with him, it feels like everything seems so wrong when this is what I've been dreaming of since I was young?

 

“Tell me. Yuri or Sooyoung?” Taecyeon asked.

 

“I’m sorry wait, what?”

 

“I’m asking who’s a better kisser on the two.”

 

“Ohh- I don’t know.” I redirected my attention back to the hotcake mix I’m stirring.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?! Girl, Yuri was you boyfriend and now Sooyoung is. Don’t tell me you didn’t get to kiss either of them?”

 

“Taec. Stop. It doesn’t matter who’s the better kisser or what.”

 

“I just wanna know... Hey. By the way, you told me before Yuri passed you to Sooyoung. What was his reason?”

 

“Trust me. I don’t even know his real reason why. That guy keeps on telling me I should give Sooyoung a chance. He kept on saying he-- deprived me of my right to choose or something. This and that, this and that... He’s like a freaking child giving away a toy his friend wants!”

 

“Whoa whoa. Chill girl.”  Taecyeon grabbed the wooden spoon and the bowl away from me. “Calm down. That bowl wasn’t Yuri, okay.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

"You do know the fact you are Yuri's first love. He never has a girlfriend in his whole life."

 

"So what are you pointing out now?"

 

"I was just thinking that maybe he's still immature when it comes to relationships. And... maybe he also thought that in love he shouldn't be selfish whereas people all over the world is doing exactly the reverse of what he thinks, like what you think."

 

"What I think?"

 

"You told me Sooyoung was your prince. In my viewpoint, you got blinded about that fact. Yet you chose to stay with Yuri until you figure out what you really wanted and you didn’t even tell him about Sooyoung. Wasn’t that a selfish thing?"

 

Right... He’s right. I was indeed selfish.

 

 

...

 

 

 

“I’ll just go to my room for a while.”

 

I left the kitchen then went to my room. I sat on my bed and hugged myself. I can’t bear everything he’s trying to tell me. I’m the one at fault. I’m always been. Now I’m suffering the consequences.

 

Taecyeon came in and sat beside me. He rubbed my shoulder and assured me a smile. I leaned on him and cried myself to his chest. “It’s all my fault.”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to blame you on what I said.”

 

“No. You were right. He wouldn’t break up with me if I didn’t go crazy about my childhood friend.”

 

“That friend of yours is an important part of your life, Fany-yah. It’s normal.”

 

“I know he is. But then why I’m feeling like this? I feel nothing, nothing at all. I thought meeting him again will really make me happy but all I felt was nothing...” My tears started to fall down again. He snuggled me into him more. “I’m supposed to fall in love with him instead. But... Why Taec? Why I feel everything’s so wrong?”

 

“Fany-yah. You can’t force yourself to love someone that easy, especially when you are still in love with someone else.”

 

“I miss him so much. And it kills me even more because I know it’s my fault... I want to die. All I just want is to die now.”

 

“Don’t say that.” He broke away then cupped my face with his hand and looked straight in my eyes, “You shouldn’t give up your life like that. Let’s just say, this maybe is just a challenge, like a burden to overcome on your relationship. Relationships aren’t always in bliss, you have to remember that.”

 

“No... There can be no hope for us anymore. Every chance for us is totally impossible now.”

 

“There is always hope, okay. It never vanishes unless you yourself will make it disappear. All you just have to do is to believe in it.”

 

“Thanks Taeckie. Thank you so much for being here for me.”

 

“No worries. Now wipe your tears. A beautiful girl like you shouldn’t cry much. It will make you less pretty, you know. And that side effect is permanent.”

 

“Silly.” I chuckled and slapped his chest lightly.

 

“If you want you can just come with me to the festival now. It can help you forget about things.”

 

“No, it’s okay.” I said. He pulled me for a hug again and we stayed like that for a long while. He’s really such a great friend. I’m so lucky to have him in my life.

 

 

 

*knock knock knock*

 

 

 

“Alright I’ll get that.” He said and broke away. He then came out of my room. Afterwards, he rushed back inside giggling excitedly, "Tiffany, someone wants to see you. And he's veeeeerrryy handsooomeeee~"

 

"Who is it?"

 

"He said he was your friend."

 

Friend? I haven't told anyone I'm living in here. I fixed myself up and went out of the room to see who it was and it's none other than Taeyeon.

 

"So you really do live here huh?" He said.

 

"H-how did you know I'm here?"

 

"Yoong and I stalked you yesterday."

 

"And it seemed like your stealth detection skill wasn't working that time." Yoong added as he came inside our dorm room.

 

"Guys, please don't tell anyone I'm living here, especially Sooyoung okay."

 

"Ma'am, yes ma'am!" They both said while saluting me. These guys really are dorks.

 

Taecyeon cleared his throat, "Say Tiffany, is there a chance you could introduce them to me?"

 

"Oh yeah- I forgot. Taec these are Taeyeon and Yoong, guys this is Taecyeon."

 

"Hi. Aren't you the bouncer from Malibu club?" Yoong asked. Taec then looked at him with an obvious blush form his face, "You remembered me?!"

 

"Y-yeah?"

 

Before Taec could start on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter