Acceptance of What Fate has bound

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

--

"Your love of your life isn't around anymore... Being him imprisoned, of course, that kid will be going nowhere...

I have to do what should be done, my only daughter. Being your father, I have to consider what's best for you.. especially on your future."

--

"Umma, what does halapoji mean? Appa's gonna die?"

--

"Besides, he should be thanking me instead since I'll be sending him to his parents soon."

--

"Umma, tell me, please. Appa will be safe there, right? He's gonna be alive?"

--

"Sooner or later, he'll be... D. E. A. D."

--

"Umma. Umma. Umma." Sunkyu continued to call while tears flowing down non-stop from his eyes.

I guided him to my bed and made him sit down. I brushed his hair then cupped his face with my hands. "Halapoji was just kidding, sweetie. Don't worry." Though I am fully aware of the lie I uttered. My father will never kid on things like those.

"But halapoji is evil, umma. It is too possible he will do bad things to appa."

"No, no. Stop worrying. You should just relax now. Everything will be fine. Stay here for a while and fix yourself up, okay?"

"Okay, umma..."

"Eustice will come in to get your size to shop for your clothes. You shall not come out of this room until I come back. Promise?"

"B-but where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna talk to halapoji. Wait for me here."

"Okay, I promise."

 

---

 

After discussing things with Eustice for Sunkyu's needs, I immediately headed to my dad's study room. "Dad." I called as I knocked. Yet, I didn't get an answer. I opened the door and he was there, glancing outside through the window while having a drink from his glass of favorite scotch wine.

"Close the door, Stephanie." he ordered and I complied.

I approached him in a meter-length gap. "What did you do to Yuri, dad?"

He mocked a laugh then turned around to refill his glass of wine, "Stephanie, Stephanie, Stephanie... you are as eager as ever. Then, he looked at me, "Didn't I already tell you earlier what I did to him?"

"..."

"Oh. I get it now. You want it detailed or perhaps want me to put a visual aid for you to comprehend."

"Suit yourself, dad. All I want is a full explanation."

"If you say so..." He sat down on his desk and picked up his LED TV's remote control and played it on his one hand. "You see, I really hated the guts of that ex-boyfriend of yours and also that Siwon Goo."

"Why did you collaborate with BPE in the first place?"

"Of course, it is for me to execute my plan... My plan to acquire the very last of Summit K.Y. Conglomerate."

"..."

"I want nothing but revenge, Stephanie. All I want in this world is to destroy each and every last of them. So... I just decided to infiltrate BPE only by means of a collaboration... poison the minds of Siwon's other board members during the process to acquire the company as part of our conglomerate. Yet, I was hindered from the very beginning and it's all because of that Yuri Kwon. He made it harder for me to move. Nonetheless, it all ended up just fine...

A good Samaritan came to me in aid to give me the whole company and at the same time, bring down Siwon Goo. It turned out he had the same goal as I... Revenge against Siwon. My plan was indeed a success. Perhaps, it was even more... I hit two birds in one stone."

"What do you mean?"

"As I said, I want to destroy each and every last of them..." He opened the LED TV and it showed a top-half man with his face hidden in a sack. His whole body was covered with lots of bruises and cuts. His hands were tied up above his head along with his feet tied together below. Dad continued, "And that man, your love of your life, is the very last of Summit K.Y."

Another man came near to the tied man and removed the sack covering his face. He was blindfolded yet it was too clear to me who it was,

"Yuri?!"

"So it seems his face is not yet fully beaten up for you to still recognize him."

"Let him go, dad!"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I am not that stupid, Steph. Do you really think I'll just let a guy like him to go on loose? I don't want anymore casualties from my end." He then pushed redial on his telephone and had it in loudspeaker mode. "Hello, sir." a male voice responded from the other line.

"Wake him up."

"Roger that, sir." Then, two men went near the tied man and they both started to slap his torso with long broken wood. He groaned in so much pain.

Dad continued, "Oh and by the way, can you put the phone in loudspeaker first? I just want a little chat with him before you commence."

"Okay, sir."

One man in the video uttered, ", are you awake? The boss wants to talk to you."

" you, Henry!" Yuri shouted back.

"Yuri-yah!" I called.

"Tiffany?! Tiffany?! Where are you?! Are you okay?!"

Before I could come near the phone, Dad hastily shut it off and halted me, "You stay where you are, Stephanie. Or do you want me to end the life of that guy at this very point in time?"

"Dad, let him go!"

He mocked a laugh again, "Very funny, Steph. Very funny." Then, he dialed his cellphone and called someone, "I need a hand here, please." Afterwards, two black-suited men came in and grabbed me by my both forearms.

"There you go. Now, shall we continue?" He redialed the phone again.

"Yuri!" I shouted.

"Shut her up." Dad ordered. One man pulled out a long sheet of cloth and tied it to cover my mouth.

He then redirected to Yuri, "So, Yuri, my favorite rookie."

"What did you do to Tiffany?!" Yuri answered.

"Oh nothing at all. But maybe if everything will still not go my way, I might then pursue what I told you."

" you, Henry! I already given you what you want, why are you still doing this?!"

What are they talking about? Is this about him leaving me months ago? Was that all my father's fault? Was he the one who forced Yuri to surrender me?

Dad snorted then said, "You think it's only that, Kwon?"

"..."

"I believe I already told you what I really wanted, right? Perhaps, I even reminded you about it a month ago."

"..."

"Oh well, since you're eager to hear about it again. What I want is for you to suffer. I want you dead. That's my very goal."

"I... don't ing care. Hurt me all you want. Kill me if it suits you. I don't care anymore. Just don't ever hurt Tiffany and Sunkyu!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter