Thou Shall Not Throw Stones if Thou Live in a Glasshouse

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany POV

 

*18th-of-August-2016*

After the mind-torturing meeting with the presidents of subsidiaries under the HGC umbrella, I was immediately informed by Hyomin that my parents have been continuously trying to contact me throughout the whole afternoon. When they finally surrendered from trying, they just told my secretary to have me go to Hwang Manor immediately after the meeting.

So, here I am, just happened to arrive in front of the manor. As I got out, Sehun, my pesky illegitimate brother, popped out in front of me out of nowhere.

"Yah. Noona. What the hell is wrong with you?" he snapped, sounding angry.

I looked at him in confusion, "What? Nothing's wrong with me. I feel fine."

He groaned, "I didn't mean that! Why the hell did you freaking kick out Sunkyu?!"

"Oh. About that... You see...” I went near him. "I could not think of any justification as to why you're trying to meddle with my decisions." I chuckled, "I mean, you're just nothing but a bastard of my father."

He gritted his teeth firstly then shouted back at me, "I am still your half-brother and I consider Sunkyu as my friend!"

"Uhuh. Look straight into my eyes, Sehun. Tell me. Do you see a hint that I ing give a damn?"

"..."

"Stop saying nonsense things, please. And, for Pete's sake, don't waste my time like this ever again." I then walked away and headed for the Manor's entrance. But, before I go inside, I turned around and uttered, "Oh. And Sehun. You're next. I'm giving you ample time to pack some things you elicited from my father for as much as you can. But, yeah, I want you to leave the manor the soonest time possible."

He glared back at me, "You don't have the right to kick me out!"

I chuckled, "Oh. No, no. Are you not aware of your place here in this house, huh?"

"..."

"Well, just a heads up, you don't have a place here. Between you and me, I am the legitimate child. You're the freeloader between us."

"It's still not certain if you'll be inheriting everything completely! Dad can still change whatever he wrote in his current will!"

"Aisshh-- what an idiot." I mumbled. I smiled back and responded, "Alright. But, let me ask you this hypothetically... What if, just a ing what if, I will ask father to choose between me or you, who do you think will he choose between us?"

"..."

"I hope with that, you'll realize your position in this family. You can never win against me so, better just follow my command and leave this house." I then left him there alone outside.

As soon as I got in, I was greeted by the raging anger of my mother. She shouted at me, "What the hell was on your mind and you did that horrible thing?!"

"What was on my mind? Hmmm." I playfully looked away and acted as if thinking thoroughly. "One box of fourteen-inch cheeseburger-flavored pizza and three large servings of Mc Donald's French fries. Oh, I remember I've been craving for Mac & cheese for these past days too."

She groaned loudly then shouted in increased fury, "STEPHANIE!"

I chuckled, "What? Didn't I just answer your question?" I went to take a sit on the nearest couch. My dad was there sitting on the other couch glaring at me. I smiled and greeted, "Hello there, dad."

Mom immediately confronted me again as she went near, "Why did you freaking kick out Sunkyu yesterday?! Are you out of your ing mind?!"

"Oh. So you were pertaining to that?" I chuckled, "I'm sorry. Your previous question was too much vague for me."

She ignored my retort and shouted again angrily, "Answer me!"

I sighed, "Alright, alright. I just gave him what he wanted. He wanted freedom from this family so, yeah. He just earned what he wished. I was just trying to be a good mother, you see."

Dad suddenly butted in, "Stephanie, that still wasn't right. Sunkyu's still too young for you to kick him out and let him live alone."

I mocked a laugh. "Wow, dad. Am I just hallucinating or something? Am I hearing that statement directly from you? Really?"

"Stephanie!" he shouted in fury.

"Weren't you the one who always wanted for that good-for-nothing brat to leave our family? See? You should be thanking me now. I did you a favor."

Mom interfered, "I've been freaking searching for Sunkyu for the whole day and I haven't got a single clue where he is! Aisshhh-- what if something happened to him, huh?! I will definitely... I will definitely not forgive you!"

"Oh. Have you tried searching at the graveyard where my idiotic dead ex-boyfriend was buried? I think he'll try to bury himself there with his father since he's too much longing for him."

"You are being too much, Stephanie! Now, you don't even have respect for the dead?!"

"Look. I'm just trying to help you out on finding that annoying brat." I then suggested another, "Anyway, have you tried searching in dumpsites? He probably just ended his life already and a concerned citizen threw his body at a garbage site. OR, maybe his dead body's floating at the river now. Try searching there."

"Why you?!" She was about to attack me when dad pulled her away from me. "Let me go, Jaejoong! Let me go!"

"Calm down, Elise." Dad told her as he kept on trying to get a hold of her completely.

"How the hell can I calm down?! Sunkyu's freaking gone and this ing daughter of yours doesn't even give a damn about it!"

"Calm down. We have already dispatched all our security group to find him."

Mom suddenly burst into tears, "Our grandson... What if something happened to him, Jae? What if he's not okay? What if he's hungry now?"

"He's going to be fine. Calm yourself down, Elise."

I butted in, "Yeah, calm down and stop giving a about that brat. He's no longer a Hwang, anyway. He's not your grandson anymore. But, you don't have to worry, okay? I'll give you another one soon. I'll just ask my fiancé to stop using protection from now on."

She looked at me deadly and shouted, "How could you do this to you very own son?! What kind of a mother are you?!"

And that threw me at the edge of my temper.

I glared back. I stood and went nearer. "Are we forgetting something here, mom? Are we forgetting how much of a bad mother you were to me?!"

She couldn't utter a response and just gritted her teeth. Dad had himself in between us.

"Just because you have changed in the past years, you already have the right to scold me on how I handle my son! You know what? It's already a little too late for you to care! So, stop with your worthless act like you really ever cared about me!"

Dad suddenly shouted in rage, "Stephanie, that is enough!"

"You don't have the ing right either! You're just the same as her!"

He was about to slap me when I quickly challenged, "Right, slap me! Hurt me like you always do! That's the only thing you two were good at for being my 'beloved' parents, right?!"

"…"

I mocked a laugh, "I lived a ing miserable life just because of you two. I've suffered my whole god damn ty life because of you two!"

"..."

"Stop. Just stop messing with me. Stop..."

"..."

After a long silence, I sighed deeply, "So, will there be anything else? Because I would really like to leave now. I got better things to do than discuss things about that pesky, good-for-nothing brat. Search for him, do whatever you want. I couldn't care less."

I started to walk away, heading for the entrance. I then stopped halfway and turned to face them, "By the way, dad. I'll be liquidating one-thirds of Happy Land and HS Shopping Malls. Oh. And I'm planning to disaffiliate one subsidiary company of HGC too. Expect the news in one of these days."

"WHAT?!" he shouted in disbelief.

"I don't want to waste time explaining to you everything so, just contact my secretary to give you the minutes of meeting for today and other supporting documents as well." I headed out of the manor even before he could react from what I said.

 

---

 

*24th-of-August-2016-at-HGC-Head-Office*

"It's all been set and done, Madame." Mr. Chang, my personal security team leader, snapped from the other line of the phone call.

"Great. Make sure he'll be manned 24/7. Don't ever lose sight of him."

"Roger that." he ended the call.

"Ma'am Stephanie?" Hyomin snapped as she opened the door to my office.

"Yes?"

"The senior officers of Black Pearl Enterprise are already at the board room."

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes. Thank you for the notice."

"Uhhmmm, ma'am?" she snapped again as she went inside and shut the door tight.

"Yes? What else?"

"Your mom and dad have been calling me since this morning."

"Didn't I tell you to divert their calls to the help desk?"

"Yeah, but..." she went near my desk and whispered, "Sir Henry has been threatening me that I'll lose my job if I don't obey him. We've been blocking them from all entrance of our offices too. I think I'm going to get killed for this."

I chuckled, "Don't be scared. Didn't I say I got your back?"

"But... They're also the owners of HGC. What if... what if they'll try to barge in forcefully and kick you out of here?"

"Thank you for the concern, Hyomin. But, you see... I've been wishing to get kicked out here so it doesn't really matter to me." I stood up. "What matters to me now, though, is to remove all those useless ones trying to sneak behind my back and fool me. Revenge, I will get my revenge first. So, after I'm finished with BPE, let them all in, let all the violent reactions in." I tapped her shoulder before I passed her by. "Don't worry. If we'll both get fired, I promise to hire you again in my new business."

She smiled, "Thanks, ma'am."

I arrived at the boardroom. All of the senior officers of BPE looked somewhat depressed and terrified except for Shin Mong. As soon as they noticed my presence, they all stood up and bowed. I sat on my chair and snapped, "Alright, let's start." They went back to their seats.

"All of you received the audit report yesterday, right?" I asked and they all nodded, except for Shin Mong who is just looking at me darkly. "Great then. So, now you all have a clue on what are we going to talk about today?" I opened the folder in front of me. "There have been projects completed last decade that turned out to be infeasible. In the end, these assets turned out to be non-performing. Who among here is Mister Won Joon?"

He raised his hand. "I am, ma'am."

"You're the one who conducted the business case for a commercial office in Gangwon. Why on Earth would you construct a 45-storey commercial building in a non-business district?"

"Ma'am, just to clarify... my name was only used there. I didn't exactly draft that business case."

I looked at him in disbelief, "And you just allowed yourself to be used?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter