The Bastard and The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Bastard: noun.      a person born of parents not married to each other.. synonyms: illegitimate child, a child born out of wedlock;
  A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: fig.          One who feigns congeniality while actually holding malevolent intentions / a dangerous person pretending to be harmless. Idiom.     An idiom of Biblical origin used to describe those playing a role contrary to their real character with whom contact is dangerous, particularly false teachers, "but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15).

 

 

 

Yuri POV

"I don't understand. What's really going on?" I asked.

Miss Elizabeth avoided my gaze as she sobbed silently, "My daughter wasn't just suffering from depression."

"Wh-what?"

"Back in 2013, she started to hear things inside her head. She started to have hallucinations. And most of the time, she's being unresponsive and emotionless. The doctor then diagnosed it was psychological trauma. And, it even almost drove her to insanity..."

I looked away. I tried to hold back my tears.

"It took months for her to finally recover from having hallucinations. Still, her depression didn't stop. She's been suffering nightmares instead. For four years, she's been recovering through therapies with her Psychologist. But still, her recovery's too gradual." She smiled faintly. "You know, we were too happy that, last year, just last year, she's almost back to her normal self."

"..."

"But, now." She cried. She buried her face in her palms. "It came back again."

 

 

...

 

 

She wiped her tears, "Don't get it wrong. I am not blaming you for this..."

"..."

"Stephanie skipped her therapy sessions since the start of this year and she just happened to visit two days ago. I've been secretly speaking to her doctor without her knowing. And, she just told me everything that Stephanie told her during that visit."

"..."

"She pointed out that... the affair you and Stephanie are having gave her an illusion of the happiness she so much desired in the past. And because of that, the trauma she experienced years ago triggered back again. It was not only the happiness came back, even the horrible things she has suffered too."

"But... I don't understand... Why...?"

"..."

"Why is she still suffering? I don't freaking understand."

"..."

"If it's because of me, then, her condition should have already gone better since I am back alive."

"..."

"Why no one's freaking telling me anything? What the freaking hell's going on?"

"It was not as simple as you think it is."

"..."

She wiped her tears again and stood up. "I am begging you. Please. Avoid her. Stay away from her." She lightly bowed at me. "Thank you for your time." she lastly said and left.

 

...

 

"What happened, umma...?" I asked her.

Mom stepped out of the comfort room and just stood there with her head lowered.

"What happened to Stephanie when I was under coma?"

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

"What makes you think I'll give a damn about her?!" she shouted angrily. "That woman destroyed your life! That woman destroyed our family! Do you think I still care?! Why should I still care?!"

"..."

"From the moment that I got you retrieved, I did not any more care. You are the only one that mattered to me. Ever since, I've been only thinking about your recovery, on when will you be waking up. So, don't expect me to still look after your damn first love."

"..."

"How could you, Yuri? How could you end up doing the same as him?"

"..."

She mocked a chuckle, "Damn it. I even thought it was the wedding that's making you feel depressed. It turns out it was still her..."

"..."

"I never thought you'll end up like your father. Obsessed, crazy, and foolish over a woman. I am very disappointed in you."

"..."

She was about to leave. Yet, before she twisted the door knob, she looked at me. "Forget about her, Yuri. Stop this affair of yours. It will bring nothing good to you. You're just making your life more miserable."

 

 

---

 

 

*May-6-2017*

"Yuri, I'll just be heading out, okay." Jessica snapped.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'll be hanging out with Sunny."

"Why?"

"What why?" she asked in confusion.

"Why are you gonna hang out with her?"

"Do I need a reason to hang out with my friend?"

"Didn't we agree to have this day only for each other?"

"Well, change of plans. Sunny's actually..." She sighed deeply. "She's actually depressed right now. It's kind of a girl issue so I have to be there for her."

"Alright. Take care."

"Laters." She went closer and kissed me. She then left the unit. I just went back to watching TV, randomly switching channels.

After just a few minutes, I received a text message. It was from the same unknown number Stephanie's been using to contact me. I've been using a different number as I contact her as well.

       'Same place. Room 306.'

*Sigh*. I guess Jessica's about to meet Yoong for today that's why she's free.

And yup. Here's the foolish me, about to head to the hotel now.

 

Stephanie and I didn't stop on our affair. But, I really tried to... Ever since Miss Elise pleaded for me to stop, I've been trying to tell Stephanie that we really should end it. Yet, she's too damn persistent. And, throughout this week, she's actually the one who insists for us to meet.

It's not like I'm not getting frustrated anymore on what's been going on with her but, I'm kind of like using this opportunity to open her mind to me. Maybe, the reason why she's still persistent on continuing this affair of ours is because she's finding answers to cure her pain through me too. If I'm the real reason of her pain then, she should already have avoided me, right? Else, it would be illogical...

*Sigh*. I don't know if this is making any progress, though. I couldn't even try to at least talk to her casually.

Yes, even at this very moment too. Because, immediately as the hotel room door opened, she freaking pulled me inside, captured my lips and pinned me down on the bed. She then started on drowning me with pleasure again.

 

The same as the cold her, after , she quickly dressed and fixed herself up. I did the same too quickly. As she was about to leave, I grabbed her wrist. "So, it's just going to be like this, huh?! You're just going to leave without saying anything?!"

She ignored me and swatted my hand away. She began to head out. I hastily chased after her at the hallway, "What am I to you?! Your freaking toy you just wanna play in case you're bored?!"

She decided to use the stairs instead as the elevator's been taking too long. "Yah! At least ing say something!" I shouted. "Stephanie!"

We exited from the hotel's entrance. I was about to grab her hand again when she suddenly stopped from walking briskly. I stopped as well as soon as I noticed the person she's been staring at. It was her mother, who, apparently, was looking back at her daughter in a somewhat disappointment.

I glanced over Stephanie. Her face depicted nothing. She only stared at her mother, expressionless. She then continued to walk. She passed by her mom and rode her car which was park at the other side of the street. Miss Elise looked so much infuriated. She's been trying to hold her temper through balling her fists tightly.

Stephanie then drove her car out of the street at an increased speed. As soon as her car left, Miss Elise called someone on her phone. It must be one of her security personnel that she hired to look after her daughter. Immediately afterwards, she glared at me.

"Didn't I already ask you to stop seeing my daughter?"

"She was the one who insisted for us to meet, Miss Elise."

"What a stupid reasoning..." She sighed, "Then, you shouldn't have gone to meet her up."

"She said in her message that she won't be leaving if I didn't come."

"Oh really? And you don't want her to wait?" she asked mockingly.

"It's not like that..."

She sighed again and went closer to me, "I'm begging you one last time... Please, stop seeing my daughter. I don't want to resort to this but, you're leaving me with no choice..."

"..."

"Don't make me spill this secret on your fiancé or even to Yoong. I am sure you don't want that to happen..."

 

---

 

I didn't go home. Instead, I went to a nearby diner to eat. I was too much exhausted from earlier. I didn't have lunch before, I guess that's why. Besides... I need to distract myself and staying at home will not be much of a great help.

I went to the farthest corner of the diner and situated myself in one of the booths. Afterwards, as I started to eat my order, another coincidence happened. Jessica and Sunny entered the same diner and occupied the booth right in front of mine. I quickly unfolded the newspaper on my table to hide from them. I wore the hood of my sweater too.

"Damn. Shopping sure is exhausting." Sunny snapped. Jessica did not respond. The former continued, "Yah, bestie. Stop looking at me like that. You're like judging my whole personality with that glare of yours."

"You can't blame me on this. You know enough we're in a middle of a big situation here and you just decided to shop for clothes?"

"Yah. Stop nagging, please. How many times should I explain that I need this stress-relieving activity before actually jumping into another stressful situation, huh?"

Jessica sighed loudly, "Whatever."

"Bestie, you gotta admit it. You need this shopping activity more than I do."

"And why is it so?"

"Well, it's probably because of you that's why Tiff's condition is getting worse again."

"Wh-what? W-what are y-you talking about?"

"Aren't you and Yuri gonna tie the knot soon? That's definitely the reason why."

"O-oh... Y-yeah. You're probably right."

Soon, Yoong has arrived. He seated beside Sunny. "Err--uhmm. Restroom. Wait." Sunny suddenly snapped and excused herself. She skipped towards the restroom.

"How's Tiff?" Jessica asked.

He sighed loudly, "Same, same."

"Yoong..."

"Yeah?"

"What if...? What if it's because of us?"

"..."

"What if she---?"

"Stop. It wasn't. You don't have to worry on that."

"How can I not worry? Yoong, this is the only possible reason why."

"Stop getting paranoid, okay. It must be because of another reason. Come on. Don't you trust me?"

"B-but..."

"It doesn't matter for now on what's the reason it triggered again. Our main priority now is to make her recover first."

"..."

"I will do the explaining afterwards. Just stop thinking about it too much. Let me handle the rest, okay?"

"Okay..."

 

Taeyeon came and afterwards, Sunkyu and Tao have arrived as well. Wait. So, Tao's sentence already lapsed, eh?

Nonetheless, it seems that this gathering turned out to be for the whole gang with exception of me and Stephanie. Obviously, if Soo and Hyo are in the country, probably they will be here too.

Yoong then snapped, "Guys. I guess you haven't met Tao." He placed his hand on the younger man's back. "This is Tao, Tiffany's younger brother. Tao, these are Taeyeon-hyung, Sunny-noona, and Jessica-noona."

"It's nice to meet you all." Tao bowed at them in respect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter