The Broken Bond from Betrayal

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yup, I am sorry for the looooooooooooooooooong pause on updating. Well, I went to KL-MY for almost a month for work and have been busy ever since. Yeah, until now, I'll be really, really busy. Hope you guys understand. hehehe. (I think I promised one of you that I will update yesterday.I'm sorry, dear! But, see? I updated now. hehehehe.)

Anyway, enjoy! 

ps. why do you guys hate Yoongie so much? XD

 

Yuri POV

"How could this happen?"

"Sorry, boss."

"Sorry?! The . You let her on loose on her own, Changsub! Do you want me to remind you  what is supposed to be your job?!"

"Yuri, calm down." Mom uttered to me. "At least, Tiffany and Vincent-oppa are okay. Stop blaming our guards again for this."

"This is ing the third time, Changsub! The ing third!" I shouted at him.

"Sorry..." he continued to lower his head guiltily.

"Boss, just let me handle him. Calm yourself down." Rap Monster snapped.

"Damn it..." I hissed. I looked at him and asked, "Did you even identify the culprit behind this?"

He shook his head.

"Why didn't you?"

"No one else was there in that room aside from Sir Vincent and Miss Stephanie, boss. Believe me, our team tried to search for the possible suspect. We checked for CCTV as well."

I sighed in defeat. I commanded, "Rap, just take him away. And tell the security group this is their last day. I am ing wasting money on useless pieces of s."

"Yuri!" mom shouted at me. "They are still our most loyal men. How could you insult them like that?!"

"Because they're not ing doing their jobs right! Damn it, umma. We've been infiltrated thrice. THRICE!"

Sooyoung then butted, "Just let me the handle the security in this place, Yul. Just deploy your men in the search for Sir Henry. It's critical to find him the soonest time possible."

"That's a better idea." Mom responded. "Thank you, Soo."

"My pleasure, Auntie." The two of them left the room to discuss the change of assignments.

*Sigh*. The situation's really going out of control now.

How could someone just attack Tiffany and Uncle Vincent? What's that infiltrator's motive? If their motive's to assassinate them then, why didn't he? He ing really doesn't make sense to me.

Sunkyu and Aunt Elizabeth are right beside Tiffany's hospital bed in the emergency room, both looking in much worriment. Jessica was there beside her father as well.

"Sunkyu." I uttered to call his attention. "What exactly happened earlier?"

"We were just buying burgers, appa, when umma excused herself for the restroom. Claudius-hyung and Changsub-hyung accompanied her then, that's it."

"She didn't even tell you a thing?"

He shook his head, "Nope."

"We're lucky the attacker didn't intend to kill them." Jessica snapped. She then looked at me. "How was the result of their blood tests?"

"No sign of poisoning. Their vital signs are somewhat okay too."

"I see..." she responded and stared back at her father.

"I heard what happened." Taeyeon snapped as he went inside. He went near me and asked, "How are they?"

I sighed deeply, "Still unconscious."

"Any clue who did this?"

I shook my head, "No. None at all. Those freaking guards did not even get a single hint."

"Gee. Relax, man. You're starting to become hot-headed again." He sighed. "I'll try to find clues from this."

"Thanks, Taeng."

We stared back at the two. He sighed again, "You know, our work's getting so much affected now. Then, these problems keep on coming."

"Yeah. We've been out of office for so long. It's almost the end of the year." I looked at him. "How's the meeting earlier?"

"We're still hitting our profit targets. Though, we have two projects delayed. It's still tolerable, though."

"Just two?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'll leave you in-charge at the office for a while, okay?"

"Sure thing."


After a few minutes, Uncle Vincent finally woke up. "Ugghhhh... My head hurts..." He sat up and held his head on the side. We all approached him. "Dad." Jessica gave him a hug then, quickly pulled away and cupped his face. "Glad you're finally awake. Did anywhere else hurt?"

"No. Just my head."

"Uncle." I snapped. "Do you remember who attacked you?"

He looked at me in confusion, "Attack me?"

"Yeah. That's the reason why you're here. Our security found you unconscious along with Tiffany."

"Someone attacked Tiffany too?" He gazed at my unconscious girlfriend then back to me.

Aunt Elise asked, "What's the last thing you remember?"

"The last thing... We were on our way here to this hospital, in the van Yuri just bought."

"So, you don't exactly remember anything afterwards?" I clarified.

He shook, "I don't remember any." Then, he started to wince again, "Ughhh- this ing head.... it really hurts so much."

"Yuri..." Tiffany suddenly uttered.

I immediately went to her side and held her hand. "Fany-yah." The others focused on her as well.

She sat up too. "Why do I feel groggy?" She looked at me. "Did we drink or something?"

"Your head hurts too?"

"Yes." she held her head on both sides. "Ugghh... this is even worse than a hangover."

"Do you remember the person who attacked you?" Taeyeon asked.

She stared at him. Then, she shook her head. "No." She started looking confused, "And, someone attacked me? How did we get in here, anyway?" She looked at me. "Did you bring me here or something?"

"What do you remember?"

"Last night? We were in my room. Now, this."

"You don't remember the whole morning?"

Sunkyu snapped, "We had breakfast first then we traveled here. Afterwards, we both went to the fast food resto to buy burgers. You don't remember any of it, umma?"

"I did all those?"

"Yup."

She shook her head, "I don't freaking remember anything you said to me." Then, she groaned, "Damn... why does my head hurt so much?! It's like pressured... it's like it's gonna explode-- arghh..."

"Calm down, okay. Lie down. Give it a rest." I said and she complied.

"It's probably due to the blunt trauma." Aunt Elise suggested.

"Or maybe the infiltrator might have done something with them." Taeyeon snapped. "I remember watching this one movie. The thief tried to drug the victims for them to lose their memories."

"And that could happen in real life?" I asked.

"With the advancement of technology today, I think so."

"We better have them undergo complete diagnosis then." Aunt Elise suggested. Then, she looked at me, "After the tests, we should just have them recovered somewhere else."

"Yeah. Great idea. At your home will be the best place for her." I looked at Uncle Vincent. "You should take a rest at home too, Uncle."

"But, what about---"

"Let me and the others take care of the search and security. You need to rest." I looked at Tiffany. "You too. You better not stress yourself out and just take a rest at home. No work. No prying on our problems. Don't you dare disobey me, Tiffany."

She sighed loudly, "Yeah. I think I really need to sleep this out. This headache really ing so destroying..."

Soo and mom finally came back. I confronted the former, "Soo, can we have a talk for a bit?"

"Okay." We both went out. "What is it?" he asked.

"Can I transfer Yoong to your hospital? I think it's better to continue his recovery there than here."

"Yes, of course. We can transfer him right away if you want."

"Sunday, then. He still has to undergo some tests first tomorrow, though."

"Okay, bro. Don't worry. I'll quadruple the security in my hospital right away."

"Thanks."

"So... do they remember who attacked them?"

"No. Their memories for this day got erased for some reason."

He sighed, "I see... Damn... This is really getting out of hand..."

"I know..."

"We better act fast. We have to take matters into our hands now."

"So, you're saying???"

"We should hunt for those idiots on our own."

"We got no ing clue who did this, Soo."

"Then, we'll find it on our own, man. Look. We've been through this. Totally clueless about everything before, during Tiffany's kidnapping. We definitely can do the same now."

"Okay. Let's just fix everything up here and the rest's safety then we'll go on the search on our own."

"Roger that."

 


---

 

*October-18-2017*

As planned, we had Tiffany confined in the Hwang Manor. Uncle Vincent rested in his and mom's home, on the other hand. Mom's having him in check. Their tests results turned out to still be okay. Though, there was some increased dosage of minerals traced in their blood which probably the cause of their headaches and their loss of memory. The doctor said their condition wasn't fatal, though. As I also requested, we had Yoong transferred to Choi Medical center for his recovery. Jessica's there to accompany him, as usual. They are being accompanied by his mother, Hana, and grandmother, Yuna, from time to time too.

It's been a week passed since the attack happened. Sooyoung and I already started to plan out our search plan for Uncle Jaejoong and at the same time, find the culprit behind this.

"You're leaving again?" Tiffany said. She sat up on her bed.

"I have to." I went near and sat beside her. "I need to finish all these messes so we can live normally, okay."

She pouted cutely. "But, I want you here with me."

I chuckled, "I am always here. I just need to go out just a few hours of the day, you know."

"But---"

"Tiffany." I pulled her into my arms. "I promise after this, we'll have each other only to ourselves."

"You'll come back home still alive and whole, right?"

"Yup."

"Promise that?"

"Yes. I have four lives left, remember?"

She chuckled, "Right." she kissed my cheek. "Take care."

"Yes, I will." I kissed her on the lips. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you too."

"Take care of yourself here. Don't be stubborn."

"Yes, yes."

"If you'll leave this room, I'll punish you."

"Oooh."

"No, my bad. I mean, if you'll leave this room, no punishment for you."

She giggled, "Okie dokie, I won't leave, I promise." She picked up the remote. "I still have so many Netflix series to watch, anyway. I might find a clue on these shows on how to eliminate our enemies."

"Good girl." I tapped her hand and stood up. "I'll be going now. I'll drop by on Yoong first, then, work, then gotta meet up with Sooyoung. Okay?"

"Uhuh. I have The Flash, then, Marvel Agents of Shield, then Mr. Robot on my list. Okay?"

I chuckled, "Yup. You won. You're busier than me." I lastly kiss her then left.

*Sigh*. Seriously... her cuteness makes me really wanna spend this day in bum-mode.

---

I first went to Choi Medical Center. I was expecting someone would be accompanying my brother. I was wrong, though. He was alone in his private room and was busy on watching a series on the TV. As soon as he noticed me, he sat up and muted the television.

"Hey." I greeted while trying to avoid his gaze.

"Hey..." He looked away too. "...hyung."

I went near, "How are you doing?"

"I'm good... I think I'm getting better."

"I see..." I scratched the back of my head while looking away. "Glad to hear that."

"What makes you visit, by the way?"

"I just want to uhhmmm... check up on you..."

"I see..."

"..."

"..."

I took a deep breath to gather up the courage. "Look, Yoong. I know you're disappointed about finding out our blood relationship."

He quickly responded, "No, no! I'm not disappointed." He looked away and faked a chuckle. "It was just uhhmmm... unbelievable for me..."

"..."

"I guess that's why I reacted weirdly the last time... It's just that..." He sighed deeply. "I don't know how to react..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter