To Protect the Last of his Blood

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung POV

"Umma... Umma..." Sunkyu cried as he shed tears for his mother, Tiffany, who is currently in the operating room due to her attempt of suicide an hour ago. He's being comforted by his Uncle Sehun throughout the whole time of our waiting. Then, later on, Ms. Elizabeth came back after confronting her husband and in turn, tried to console the poor child.

It's been more than forty minutes already since we have arrived here and until this time, there's no sign from any personnel around here to tell Tiffany's state.

Few minutes later, Sunny has arrived. "Hey." she snapped at me with a sad look on her face.

"Hey..."

"How is she?"

"She's still currently in the operating room. Until now, there's no news of her condition there."

"I see..." She looked down disappointingly. She went near Sunkyu and Ms. Elizabeth. She bowed at the latter then, afterwards, touched Sunkyu's cheek. The kid looked at her in return. "Your umma's gonna be okay, don't cry." she assured. Then, she glanced over Yoong. The guy, still the same as we first arrived here, was too much drowning on his thoughts. It's like he's hearing or seeing no one around with him. And now, with the way Sunny stares at him... I guess she thinks the same as I too.

 

A little later, finally, doctor Chon went out from the operating room. We all went to confront him yet, with exception of Yoong.

"How is my daughter, doctor?" Ms. Elizabeth eagerly asked him.

He smiled faintly, "We finally managed to revive her. I can safely say now that she's okay."

"Oh thank goodness." she mumbled as she closed her eyes, flashing a smile of ease. The rest of us were all relieved, most especially Sunkyu. He finally had a smile on his face.

"However." the doctor suddenly snapped which successfully had all our attention back to him again.

He continued, "She lost so much blood and we were unable to sustain her condition well enough. So, she's still in a very vulnerable state and it's also, principally due to her pregnancy."

"What?" Ms. Elizabeth asked in obvious shock and confusion.

He was about to respond to her when Sir Henry Hwang have returned and called him, "Doctor Chon."

He quickly faced him and greeted the Hwang in a nervous manner, "S-sir Henry."

"How is my daughter?"

"She's okay now but, she need to rest here in the hospital for the mean time. We still have to ensure her return to normal condition and perform more tests on her. Given that she's currently carrying a baby on her womb, she has to--"

"What?" Sir Henry glared at him. "Carrying a baby? What are you talking about?"

The doctor looked too intimidated by him that he stuttered as he answered, "S-she's p-pregnant, Sir."

Sir Henry's expression has darkened. He closed his eyes slowly then mumbled, "ing hell..."

The doctor then excused himself immediately and walked out of the hallway.

Sir Henry confronted his wife without looking at her, "She's pregnant?"

Yet, she didn't respond and was just still shocked of the news the doctor had brought.

"She's ing pregnant?!" Sir Henry reiterated.

Sunny looked at me wearing the same shock and confused expression as Tiffany's mother. I shook my head in return, signifying I didn't know or have a clue on that shocking news too.

Ms. Elizabeth finally snapped out and tried to deal with her husband, "Jaejoong, c-calm down. I-I'm sure it was just a mistake."

He finally gazed at her. Yet, it was more like a dark glare. "So, you don't know about this too?"

She looked down and closed her eyes. She shook her head silently.

He looked away, "That Kwon... that... ing... Kwon!" He suddenly punched the wooden door beside, making a hole on it. "Abort the child."

"Jae, please. Don't. I'm begging you--"

"Insolent... ing fool!"

"Jaejoong, please." She tried to reach for his forearm slowly, like, she was afraid of touching him.

"There's no way I'm gonna allow this again!" he shouted then looked at her in fury.

"You're just going to make it harder for our daughter. Please."

His at the very edge of his anger. Then, he noticed Sunkyu. The little kid, on the other hand, was trembling in fear. He took a foot step back and was attempting to run away. Sehun and I instinctively tried to defend Sunkyu. Yet, we were too late. The Hwang tycoon already had the poor kid on his grasp.

He grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up. "You ing Kwons should just die!" he shouted. Sunkyu was struggling to resist and get away.

"Jae, put him down!" Ms. Elizabeth shouted.

Sehun tried to take away Sunkyu again but Sir Henry smashed him by his free hand. Sehun stumbled on the ground with his back hit the edge of the connecting chairs. Ms. Elizabeth attended to him quickly.

I couldn't even do a thing to stop him. I couldn't even move. Damn it. I am trembling in fear too.

. I am so ing useless!

 

Sir Henry was about to grip Sunkyu on his throat by his free hand when, fortunately, Yoong came on time and gripped Sir Henry's forehand tight.

"Get your hand off me." Sir Henry warned.

"Let go of the child, sir." Yoong answered in return without looking at the former.

"..."

Yoong then took Sunkyu away and put him down. Sunny attended to the kid quickly and they left the area, still with the little kid crying in so much fear.

Yoong then snapped, "I'm sorry, sir, but I think you are mistaken…"

"..."

"I... I did it..."

Sir Henry glared at him, "What did you say?"

"It was not Yuri..."

"WHY YOU?!!!" Sir Henry unleashed a punch on Yoong's cheek. The latter, then, had fallen down to the ground due its impact.

Sir Henry didn't stop and even continued hitting Yoong's face. " you! you!" he continuously shouted with each and every hit on the former's face. We all tried to stop him but, nothing had worked. He's too determined on beating him up.

However, with the way I see it, Sir Henry seemed to just want to channel out his rage, his disappointment with what's going on with his daughter. The look on Sir Henry's eyes tells more of the guilt he's been bearing for the outcome of his rash decisions for Tiffany's fate.

Yes. I know I sounded ridiculous for seeing at least a little emotion from the Hwang Tycoon. Obviously, the guy's ing numb demon. But... somehow I can really sense his pain.

Why? Why do I feel he's somewhat a victim of the situation too?

 

---

 

*At-Choi-Medical-Central-Garden*

"Ice pack." I said as I offered him one. Yoong didn't bother to return a look and just took the pack. He tried to place it on his left cheek yet, in the end, he just winced in pain.

"You should have gone to the emergency room, man, not like this." I continued.

"..."

"Tiffany's already been transferred to a private room, by the way. It's not as intensive as the ICU, of course, but, it has enough apparatus to aide her recovery."

"That's great then." he finally responded.

"..."

"..."

"Yoong... was it true?"

"..."

"Since when did you and Tiffany started to hook up for that to happen?"

He sighed, "Obviously it's when Yuri-hyung was jailed."

"You... Are you ing telling me you betrayed Yuri?"

"..."

"Why would I believe you, anyway? Didn't you help Tiffany from running away from our wedding for her to reunite with Yul?"

"Yeah, I did. But..."

"..."

"That was never my intention at all."

What?!

"I really meant to run away with noona and it was for our child. With Yuri-hyung's escape from the prison and his death? Tiffany-noona and I have no clue on that. It was just pure coincidental."

I mocked a laugh, "And you think you can convince me with that lame excuse?"

"No."

"Huh?"

"That's why we should leave it that way, Soo."

I looked at him in confusion, "What do you mean?"

He looked at me, "Sir Henry is eager to destroy everyone related to the Kwons. He's even willing to ruin Fany-noona's life just to get what he wants. And I am sure, that poor child in her womb is not exempted."

"..."

He gazed at the sky, "I ran away and stopped on seeing her after Yuri-hyung's funeral because I was confused and guilty over my betrayal on him. Tiffany-noona acted the same too, eaten by her guilt and that's one of the main reasons she's been acting this way." He redirected to me, "That's it. That's the lie we have to live with for the sake of their child."

"But... but what if--?"

"What if he finds out?"

I nodded.

"We can think of a way to get out of our lie later on. For now, our objective is for him not to find out."

 

---

 

Two days have passed and Tiffany still hasn't woken up. The doctor said it's just normal due to the severe blood loss she suffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter