Regret is Always in the End

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

 

I shouldn’t have done this. This wasn’t supposed to be.

 

“Yuri.” Tiffany called.

 

“Let’s go.” I stood up and carried Sunkyu in my arms, “Let’s just forget that happened.”

 

“Yuri, please.”

 

“Just let it go..."

 

I know what we just shared now is wrong. She has Sooyoung now. I don’t want to hurt my best friend from stealing her again. Besides, he’s always been the reason she came in this country.

 

----

 

We called the others that we found him. They decided to just go home straight yet forced me to treat them lunch tomorrow. Sooyoung, on the other hand, was waiting for us on a street nearby.

 

As we arrived, we saw him leaning his back on his car, looking tensed. We came near. “Thank you so much for helping, Soo." I said.

 

“It's all okay.” He said then redirected his gaze to her. “We should head home now, Fany-yah. Come on. I’ll take you home.”

 

“I think I’ll sleep with Sunkyu tonight, Soo.”

 

“You don’t have to. I’ll take care of him.” I said.

 

“No. He’s my son too. Please let me.” She said. I looked at Sooyoung and he did the same. I can see all over his eyes that he's badly hurt on her decision. He then sighed in defeat and looked away. “Right. He really does need you tonight.” He said.

 

Tiffany came near him and squeezed his one hand. “Goodnight, cupcake.” She said which made the former grinned childishly like a complete change of mood. “Goodnight too, cupcake. Guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked and she answered with a nod. He then looked at me and nodded. He went inside his car and drove off.

 

 

*At-Kwon-Residence*

 

“What on Earth happened here?!”

 

“Uhhhh. Just... same old same old?”

 

“No. The first time I came here way back then there’s not even a single dust on the floor. Now what? Lots of trash, dusty furniture, dirty clothes all over ugghhhh... eiwww!”

 

“Yah! You’re acting as if you never slept in a dumpster! And don't forget how awful your hiding spot in spooky building was.”

 

“Well, I made sure the house is all cleaned when I was here. What’s wrong that you couldn't even clean up even just a little?”

 

Sunkyu woke up and rubbed his eyes. He gazed at Tiffany then excitedly climbed down from my arms and hugged her. “Umma, you’re gonna stay with us forever now?!”

 

“Just for tonight, sweetie.” she looked at me and smirked evilly. “Your father doesn’t want me anymore." Sigh. Now she’s including Sunkyu in this? This woman's really the death of me.

 

“WHAT?!”  Sunkyu glared at me and gritted his teeth. “I don’t understand you at all, appa! I thought you love umma? You don’t sleep. You don’t eat much. You don't clean the house. You don't cook. You don’t play ps3 anymore. You don’t even take a b-” Before he could say the next word, I immediately covered his mouth. Don't get it wrong, I do take a bath... but not that often anymore.

 

"Go wash yourself and go to bed." I ordered.

 

He just ignored me then hugged Tiffany again and pleaded, "Umma please come back. Stay with us forever. I don't care if you sing Britney Spears every night. I really do miss your singing. And appa doesn't even singing anymore too. Umma please-"

 

"Kyu, go wash yourself now. Don't worry. I'll talk to your appa about it. Okay?" She said.

 

"Okay!" He answered excitedly. Then, he glared at me, "If umma will not come back here, I will hate you forever appa!" He ran towards the bathroom and locked it. Aissshhh. That kid---

 

"Well... Sunkyu wants me back and you got no choice. You're the one who started this all anyway."

 

"What? Didn't I tell you not to leave? But what did you do?"

 

"So we're on the very same argument over and over again? Stop blaming it on me, Yuri! You're the one who forced me to date your bestfriend, f.y.i.!"

 

"Well I just did you a favor here!"

 

"What?! Do I look like I need one, huh?!"

 

"Why, Fany-yah? Are you not really aware?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You know what you told me when you were drunk? You told me you love me... but you ing love him too! What do you want me to do about it, huh?! Just pretend I didn't hear a thing and just shrug off even if he's the one you've been wanting all along?!"

 

"Why? ...Why you didn't tell me about that?"

 

"Do I still have to tell you? You knew that yourself, Tiffany."

 

"I don't love him."

 

"So you're just lying when you were drunk? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

 

"I don't love him."

 

"Stop lying to yourself, Tiffany."

 

"Please."

 

"Let's just stop."

 

"You're the only one-"

 

"I said stop!"

 

"Why can't you understand I'm in love you now?! That you're the only one I want? What do you want me to do to make you believe I love you? Do you want me to jump off the building? Kill myself in front of you? Tell me!"

 

"Let's stop fooling ourselves. What's in the past should just stay in the past. We can no longer bring it back. I'm not the one for you. You'll realize that eventually and thank me someday."

 

"Right. You're right." She said. Tears started to fall from her eyes. "I know. I'm the one stupid here. I'm still pushing myself to someone who never loved me at all. Why didn't I realize that? I'm just nothing to you, right?"

 

"It's not like that..."

 

"Then what it is?! Isn't that what you're pointing out right now? That you never really loved me?!"

 

"No. I love you. I still do."

 

"But why are you like this? Is this how your love really feels like? Painful?"

 

"Tiffany..."

 

"Now I understand." She chuckled bitterly. "I shouldn't have tried in the first place."

 

Sunkyu came out from the bathroom. "I'm done!!!" He said excitedly. Tiffany quickly wiped her tears then smiled at him as if nothing happened. "Let's go, sweetie. You still have to go to school tomorrow."

 

"You're still gonna be here?"

 

She kneeled down and brushed his bangs, "I'll always be here even if I don't live here anymore. That's okay with you, right?"

 

"Okay." He hugged her, "I love you, umma.."

 

"I love you too, sweetie... Come on. Let's go to bed. I'll read you a bedtime story."

 

"Goodnight appa." He bid and they both went inside Kyu's room.

 

 

----

 

 

Two weeks have passed since I last seen Tiffany. Though she may have been spending quality time with Sunkyu by picking him up from school every day, we didn’t get to cross paths. Now, here I am, sulking under the same tree Jessica and I have been sulking on ever since.

 

"Aren't you hurting yourself too much?"

 

"No. This pain isn't enough, Jessica."

 

"Isn't this what you want her to do? You told her to make up her mind for who she really wants and now she did. Yet,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter