End of the Road

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

" you!" Without a warning, I pulled the trigger. I successfully hit him in the chest and he stumbled a few steps back. I continued to fire bullets against him until he stumbled on the ground. I've been trying to hit him on the head, yet, I couldn't. The pain I've been enduring for all this has been affecting my aiming.

I grabbed the chance and rushed towards Tiffany. Luckily, I found a rod good enough to free her nailed hand.

Siwon started to laugh hysterically. He must have been wearing a protective vest all along. "Yuri. Yuri. Kwon Yuri."

"Tiffany, let's go." I whispered to her as I helped her get up. She didn't respond to me, though. She was just staring at nothingness while her tears were dripping down. Nonetheless, with all my might, I pulled her up and helped her walked out of the large room. I'll get her out of here first before I deal with that ing crazy old douchebag.

"Kwon Yuri!" Siwon loudly called again. I glanced at him briefly, only to see he was already aiming a handgun against us. I quickly ducked us down and continued rushing towards the exit.

"Tiffany, you better get a hold of yourself. Don't let him get into your head." I whispered to her again. Good thing, the stairs weren't that far from where we came out. 

"Why are you running away?" I heard him shouted. "Aren't we supposed to end this now between the both of us?"

We went inside the fire exit. Yet, on the 25th, the explosion erupted from all directions. Walls have started to crumble down. Even the stairs heading down to 24th were almost destroyed. We got no choice but to head out to the 25th floor. Still, the walls continued to crumble down along with the wooden fixtures.

I found somewhat a small room in the alley. Quickly, I dragged Tiffany inside and closed its door, barred it with the large drawer on its side. It's a good thing this room wasn't affected by the fire yet.

I made her sat on the floor with her back rested on the wall. I knelt in front of her and cupped her face with my both hands. I continued to lightly tap her cheek, trying to snap her out. Still, she remained the same.

"Kwon Yuri." Siwon called again. "Let's stop this game and face me."

...

"I know you wanted to kill me badly."

...

"This is your chance." He chuckled loudly. "But, unfortunately, you two have to die along with me. There's no escape here."

I whispered to Tiffany, "That stupid old never changed. He's always too chatty."

No response.

"Yah...

Yah, Fany-yah."

No response again.

Siwon then started to ing pissed me more off as he began his story-telling habit,

"Hmmm... Your second-born, Kwon Yuri. I still remember that day. It was so precious to me... A week before your beloved's miscarriage, I successfully replaced with poison the supplements she's been drinking for the baby."

He chuckled loudly again. "And her family and friends didn't even notice a slight hint about it. Hahahaha! What a bunch of idiots."

...

"You know... I never actually thought it would work. But then, bam! The baby came out dead. It was a ing victory for me, one of the happiest days of my entire life."

...

"He looked more of you, Kwon Yuri... your Kyungsan... You know... as much as I was too obsessed, I dug out the corpse of you kid, made a statue out of it, mutilated it for my liking."

He sighed loudly, "It was my most precious masterpiece. Sadly, it didn't last that long. It decayed under the sun."

My both fists clenched. My teeth gritted. I wanted to ing come out and destroy him.

Yet, I tried to hold myself together. I don't want to be consumed by rage at this moment. Else, my mind will not be able to think through on escaping from this place. I won't be able to save Tiffany and myself.

I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath. As I opened, I continued to hold Tiffany on her chin. "Fany-yah." I called, pleading. "Please snap out."

...

"Siwon's just trying to get inside our heads... Well... he already did on you..."

...

"Our son already left this world. There's nothing we can do about it but to move on and continue to live..."

...

"All the bad things that happened in our lives... There's no more turning back. What's done is done. Do not blame yourself or anyone. There's nothing more we can do..."

...

I sighed deeply. I cupped her face with my hands again. "Fany-yah, please snap out. I cannot do this myself."

...

"Look. My body still isn't recovering from the beating they did to me for days. I even encountered that ing large guy, Shindong, you know."

...

I sighed deeply. "And those ing damn stairs? For freaking seriously, I climbed twenty floors, Fany-yah. ing twenty-plus floors. Why did he even choose to stay at the 26th, anyway? That freaking ty old douchebag is really trying to get on my nerves."

Suddenly, she chuckled softly. Her eye-smile started to show up.

I continued, "You know, if the elevator was just working, I will definitely not going to be so exhausted like this."

She finally looked at me and asked, "So, you prefer to be tortured instead of given twenty floors to climb on?"

"Yes. Any sane man would prefer the same."

She chuckled loudly. I quickly covered . She then removed my hand and whispered, "No sane man would prefer it that way but, I agree with you. ing twenty floors to climb is a nightmare."

"Exactly."

She then looked at me dearly. She pulled me closer to her. I rested my forehead against hers. She caressed my cheek and uttered, "I love you."

"I love you too." I responded.

We both closed our eyes and shared a kiss. As we broke away, silence has erupted. It was nothing but a warm glance at each other, cherishing each other. That moment on, I know what her heart is telling me. I know she knew mine too. Then, she smiled again. She pulled me again for another warm kiss.

"You're right." she said. "I shouldn't allow him to get into my head. What's done is done. The past is the past. There's no need to be trapped back on it."

"Yes."

"We have to end this then. Let's finish him." 

She's about to stand up but I pulled her back. "Fany-yah, wait."

"What?"

I sighed deeply, "Siwon... We shouldn't end up like him. I mean, you shouldn't end up like him."

"Then, what are you planning to do?"

"If worse comes to worst, then, I'll have to do it myself, but..."

"But, what?"

"I promised Hara to spare him. Let the law do justice."

"..."

"Hara helped me escape from those thugs who tortured me. Then, she begged me to just leave her father by the hands of the police. I want to... At least, I want to honor my word on her."

She sighed deeply and looked away, "I see..." She then immersed in her thoughts.

"Fany-yah?" I called. "Is something wrong?"

She smiled faintly as she looked back to me, "No. Nothing's wrong." She stood up again. "Alright. Only if worse comes to worst, then we--"

"I." I stood up too.

She looked at me disbelievingly, "Seriously? With your state right now?"

"Yes. No more arguments. Now... there's nothing we can do but to escape. I have asked Hara and Hyomin to go and report this matter to the police."

"Hyomin... Was she...?" She avoided my gaze. "Was she mad at me?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"Because of what happened to Rap?"

I chuckled then patted her head, "What happened to him was not your fault. It was Siwon who killed him. And, I think you're underestimating her loyalty to you. She wasn't mad. She was genuinely concern about you. Actually, she was the one who told me where can I find you."

That successfully lifted her mood. She smiled at me in relief.

I uttered, "Now, let's get out of here before he finds us both." I slightly opened the door and peeked through. I mumbled to myself, "Now, how should we do this...?"

"There's another staircase opposite from here. If we go straight to the right alley, we'll arrive at the fireman lift."

I looked at her and asked, "How did you know?"

"I confiscated everything related to the failed and non-profit generating projects of BPE, last year including the blueprint of this building. And don't ask me why this building is somewhat a ing maze. It was a mind-blown for me when I first saw it, you know." She sighed deeply.

"Hmmm. No wonder it was gone missing."

"Huh?"

"Hara told me no one in here is actually aware of the structure of this place. Not even Siwon."

She smirked, "Then, this is end game." She forwarded her hand towards me. "Gun."

"We already talked about this, Tiff."

"I know. Just give me the gun."

"Fine." When I was about to pull it from my pocket, she quickly snatched it away.

 

 

---

 

 

We noticed as we got out, Siwon's not on the same floor as us anymore. The fire was still large and everything's almost getting burned up. We couldn't get through to get to the other set of stairs. Thus, we decided to head back upstairs.

I haven't really much regained my strength, though, as it affects my senses. I couldn't see Siwon Goo around this area.

"Duck down." Tiffany suddenly whispered to me. Yet, she didn't wait for me to comply to. She pulled me down. Gunshots then followed.

"Go crawl out to the fire exit." she ord

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter