The One-on-One Beach Volleyball Championship

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Time out for damn heavy plots and stuff, let's go to the beach! xD

 

Tiffany POV

Jeju island~ Here I come~ La la la la~

Yes, you heard that right. We're going to Jeju Island for Taeyeon's birthday! And not only that, it will be for freaking three days from Friday tomorrow to Sunday!

Ahh- I've always wanted to go there since I was young. Good thing, Se Kyung University President Noh Juhyun gave us tour packages to Jeju isle for compensation on the school promotions we did. And he even allowed us to skip school for tomorrow. Such a very nice President, I say.

So, right now, Yuri and I are packing stuff that we're gonna bring on our trip. However, I gotta say this... Yuri, he's been acting too weird as in--

"Mmm~ mmm~ you smell so good, my wife." Yuri said as he back hugged me while showering my nape with his kisses.

...as in that. He's too freaking sweet and touchy. Well, I know it's natural for him to be like this but I feel like... I feel like he's really hiding something. He wasn't like this earlier though.

"Yuri. Yuri." I pulled away from his hug and held his forearms. "What's going on?"

He chuckled, "What do you mean?"

"You're being toooooo sweet to me like one's gonna die in both of us."

He chuckled again then sat down on the bed, continuing on folding his shirts, "You're over-thinking."

"I am aware."

"Huh?"

I breathed deeply first, "I know someone's been tailing us on these days passed."

He chuckled again, "What are you talking about?"

"Yuri. I know you know what I'm talking about."

"It's all just in your head."

"I have much greater detection skills than you, Mr. Kwon. I've been training myself my whole life with my bodyguards."

He then held me on the waist and looked at me straight. "You're just over-thinking. Come. Let's wrap up this packing and let's get to sleep."

"Oh yeah? Then, how about what happened in my class earlier?"

"What happened?"

"The window-glass exactly right beside me shattered. I'm sure someone fired a silent rifle or something that's why it happened. Maybe someone's trying to kill me."

"Tiffany, you're just being paranoid. Maybe someone just threw a stone there."

"But there's no stone."

"Maybe it had fallen down on the ground outside that's why you didn't see it."

"Really, huh?"

"Come on, you're just over-thinking. And do you think the school will allow armed men to get inside the campus?"

"Fine." I sighed in defeat and continued on our packing. I then remembered, "Oh. Yuri-yah, aren't we supposed to continue our fight earlier in the cafeteria?"

"Ehh?"

"Remember I said truce and you added 'for now'?"

"Oh, that... Nah, I changed my mind. You win, princess. I'm so sorry for what I did and I want you to know that I love you so much."

Okay, that's it.

I made him look at me. "Okay. what's wrong, Yuri?"

"Huh?" He chuckled again, "There's nothing wrong, Fany-yah."

"You're hiding something to me again. Didn't we agree we'll no longer hide things from each other?"

He cupped my face, "Please. Believe me. I'm not hiding anything from you. For those who are tailing us? I have already asked my dad's help to trace them who they are. And for that window-glass? I'm gonna investigate about it on Monday when we get back. So, don't worry anymore and just relax. Think of the adventure we're gonna have in Jeju instead."

"But Yuri-yah..."

"Tell me… What's bothering you?"

"I don't want... us to be separated."

"Fany, you're being silly. It's all just in your mind."

"I hope you're right but… just promise me one thing... starting today and forever, we'll never be apart no matter what, okay?"

"...Yes."

 

---

 

*9th-of-March-Friday-morning-Incheon-Domestic-Airport*

"Happy birthday, Taeng!" Yuri shouted as we arrived at the departure area. Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Yoong and Sulli were already there before us three.

"Thanks man." Tae responded and they shared a hug.

"Happy birthday, TaeTae." I greeted.

"Thanks."

"Happy birthday, Taeyeon-hyung." Sunkyu greeted. The former shook Kyu's hair and said, "Thanks, kid."

"Are we the last to arrive?" I asked.

"Nope. No sign of Hyo and Soo yet."

But then, out of the blue, "Happy birthday, dude." Sooyoung snapped which caught our attention.

"Oh finally, you're here." Tae then hugged him. "Where's Hyo?"

"She said she'll be taking the next available flight instead. You know, that woman has been going crazy lately. She didn't even want to talk to me at home."

"Yeah. And I haven't seen her shadow around for months. What's going on anyway?"

"We're just on the same page. I don't have a freaking single clue..." Then, he called the attention of all of us, "Anyway, everyone. I have something to say."

"What is it, hyung?" Yoong asked.

He sighed deeply first then answered, "I'm getting married this year."

"Whoa! With who?!" Sica excitedly asked.

"With... my fiancé, of course."

Tae then snapped, "Why you don't look happy? Wasn't she pretty?"

"Pretty or however she looked doesn't matter to me. It's just that..." he looked down, looking so saddened. Then, he redirected the topic, "So, anyways, my father wanted all of you to come this 14th of April."

"Even me?" Sunny asked.

Sooyoung then smiled at her, "Of course. You're one of us now." And that put a smile on Sunny's face.

Then, he glanced towards me and Yul. He stared at me first in a mysterious manner then, redirected to Yul and asked in a very serious tone, "Can I talk to you privately?"

"Oh. Okay." And the two of them walked away from the lobby. I say, Sooyoung really wants privacy since, he kind of dragged Yul to the farthest of the airport.

I tried to follow them but Tae stopped me, "You better not."

"But I just wanna know."

"Tiffany, stalking isn't healthy. And come on, us men need some privacy too."

I sighed in defeat, "Fine."

 

---

 

After the flight and headed for the beach resort, we all went for a brunch at the beach cottage we rented. We're all having fun, I say. It was like the old times. However, I still notice the unusual happy atmosphere around. I know you might think I'm just being paranoid again. But I do trust my instincts, they never lie to me.

Sooyoung... he was too damn serious and in poker-face at first but after that private talk with Yuri, his mood went to being giddy and jolly. Yoong, on the other hand, is unusually this hyper too. Well, he's always been like this back when I first met him, pulling off pranks and makes fun of everyone. I don't know but those two, they act too differently, same as Yuri. Unlike Sica, Sunny and Tae though. Those three looked just perfectly normal to me, same, same as always.

It was another thirty minutes when Hyoyeon arrived. "Hey guys... Happy birthday, Taeyeon." she greeted in a pretty much gloomy manner. She sat down beside me.

"Thanks, Hyo! Come, eat!" Taeyeon offered. He stuffed lots of different dishes on a plate and gave it to her. She just smiled back at him then started to eat.

"Hyoyeon, what's up? How are you and Taec?" I snapped.

She glanced at me first then redirected back to her food, "There's no point in hiding this anymore, I guess..." and sighed deeply.

"Why? What happened?"

"Taecyeon and I already broke up."

"What?!"

It was like as if Sooyoung had heard a warning beep sound and immediately rushed beside Hyoyeon from his seat on the other side of the table. "So, you are single now?!" he asked in a little weird excited tone.

Hyoyeon looked at him disbelievingly, "Isn't it obvious?"

"So, so... uhhh- you're free again, right? You're available in dating again?"

"Nah. I don't think I'm ready for another relationship. I just..." She sighed again. "I really am still not ready..."

"Ohhh..." Sooyoung uttered sadly. Then, he went back to his seat and continued to eat.

I whispered to Hyo, "And you just killed his hopes up."

She looked at me quizzically, "And what do you mean about that?"

"Isn't it obvious? He's so into you, Hyoyeon. Don't you just see how much he was frustrated when he found out about you not being gay and dating Taecyeon back then?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know he acted weird. But come on, everyone knows Sooyoung around here, he's the type of guy that's very, very dense and stupid."

"So, you're saying he'll never gets to realize he have feelings for you? Even if I tell him straight?”

"He doesn't have feelings for me, okay."

"Hmmm. Challenge accepted."

"Tiffany, stop it. What's not meant to be should not be pushed any more further. It will only end up to a much bigger mess."

I looked away, "You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter